Does your wife/partner work?

1 hour ago, BobBKK said:

If there is a 20+ year gap, they are definitely "professionals"

18-year age gap and she paid Dutch from Day 1..sorry to erode your paradigm.

Am under retirement age, so that is a factor.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BobBKK said:

In your experience, eh?

My mate (late 50s) runs a very successful business here, and is married to a girl in her early 30s... she's a teacher at an international school. 

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Do you have a fetish for uniforms?

When I met her she was so poor, no uniform, dancing naked on the Gogo floor. 

So sad. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, BobDobbs said:

No one need drag anyone around. When I was working we had a perfect setup. I left very early in the morning giving her a couple hours in the condo alone. I returned early and I had a few hours before she got home.

I don't remember my father dragging my mother or us children around. When he had things to do he did it, when he could bring us kids along he did it and when we went out as a family he did it.

I'm talking Thailand not back in farangland, i see guys dragging their gf around all the time

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'm talking Thailand not back in farangland, i see guys dragging their gf around all the time

dragging them in and out of bars in Pattaya ? 😄

We work together at the farm, and we go holidays together, we are a couple, so why shouldnt we enjoy as much time together as possible?

We do different tasks ,and not on top of each other all the time, but we are together every day possible if Im not travelling for work. You make it sounds negative and wrong. While I can say it is quite nice

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BobBKK said:

You're implication is way off.  Even in USA, my relationships had a 5-10-15-19 year gap.  Only one was 19.   Actually not old enough back there to have 20 yr gaps, but 10 - 15 was very normal.  Left for TH at 45 yrs old.   

Present wife is 22 yrs younger, got together when she was 29, me 51, depending what month.  I could easily pass for 40 back then, with my baby face.  I'm 69, handsome as ever, and she's 47 soon.    Age is only a number.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Probably rentals. I see lots of rentals in Bangkok.

But honestly unless you're following these couples around you don't know what dragging about really is.

I take my wife out to eat am are or whatever it's called. Do I get judged as someone "dragging my wife around" ?

38 minutes ago, freedomnow said:

....and some may like being with their women on purpose as half the foreigners met in Thailand are oddballs/unstable wildcards.

Best to avoid the half that are oddballs and unstable 

18 minutes ago, Hummin said:

dragging them in and out of bars in Pattaya ? 😄

We work together at the farm, and we go holidays together, we are a couple, so why shouldnt we enjoy as much time together as possible?

We do different tasks ,and not on top of each other all the time, but we are together every day possible if Im not travelling for work. You make it sounds negative and wrong. While I can say it is quite nice

see friends regularly also? i used to see gf 7 days a week when young, parents spent their life together 24-7, healthier to split it up a bit

16 minutes ago, BobDobbs said:

Probably rentals. I see lots of rentals in Bangkok.

But honestly unless you're following these couples around you don't know what dragging about really is.

I take my wife out to eat am are or whatever it's called. Do I get judged as someone "dragging my wife around" ?

yeah if you are unable to go out on your own, yes you are dragging her about everywhere 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

see friends regularly also? i used to see gf 7 days a week when young, parents spent their life together 24-7, healthier to split it up a bit

I do not go shopping with her, if thats a comfort? No local marked, and if I go with her to the shopping malls, it is because I want to buy my things. If not I stay home, or sit and look at people walk passed at he coffe shop.

I do go on my motorbikes alone or with friends. Locally we are tied up from morning to evening, and only go dinner once or twice a week at our friends restaurant. And also travel abroad for work, so I do not go bars to play pool or dart and hang out with likewise minded. 

1 hour ago, sabai-dee-man said:

In your experience, eh?

My mate (late 50s) runs a very successful business here, and is married to a girl in her early 30s... she's a teacher at an international school. 

Ah so a professional school teacher would choose a 30 year age gap eh?  same as in your country eh?  its fine it's an exchange - don't be so naive

• Confused 2

45 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

You're implication is way off.  Even in USA, my relationships had a 5-10-15-19 year gap.  Only one was 19.   Actually not old enough back there to have 20 yr gaps, but 10 - 15 was very normal.  Left for TH at 45 yrs old.   

Present wife is 22 yrs younger, got together when she was 29, me 51, depending what month.  I could easily pass for 40 back then, with my baby face.  I'm 69, handsome as ever, and she's 47 soon.    Age is only a number.

yea yea yea you were first choice for sure - it's fine - you are happy - she is happy don't think too much but don't fool yourself

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, freedomnow said:

18-year age gap and she paid Dutch from Day 1..sorry to erode your paradigm.

Am under retirement age, so that is a factor.

You're a real gentleman lol

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

yea yea yea you were first choice for sure - it's fine - you are happy - she is happy don't think too much but don't fool yourself

Actually the only gal in TH, that told me 'no' on a couple occasions of me asking her out, while she worked at her Sis's restaurant at the market.

A weekly stop for daughter and myself, as the food was great also.  Actually gave up and started dating someone else.  When she noticed that relationship ended, I noticed she was a bit more interested and talked a bit to daughter & myself in the business lull.

Think she realized I wasn't on a conquest, so rolled the dice next time I asked her out.   The rest is history, even though she was in no hurry to jump back into a relationship, still not divorced from her soon to be ex, while on a long separation.   

Why she was even in Udon Thani, helping Sis, after leaving soon to be ex, and job back at Krung Thep.   Though graphic designers, she could work online if really wanting to.

Think she was burnt out from the previous 10 year work & marriage grind.

See how little you know about people.  But please continue making assumptions. 

Yes, 18+ yrs on, and we're very happy ... THANK YOU

We don't need to be together, we want to be together.   Any luck, maybe someone will accept you for who you are.  TROLL ON

Edited by KhunLA

7 hours ago, Celsius said:

and equally contribute to the household?

Or she just plays on the phone ogling and chatting with real Thai men while you are not watching?

If she doesn't work, then why not?

My wife worked for over 40 years.  She doesn't work because, like me, retired.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Celsius said:

and equally contribute to the household?

Or she just plays on the phone ogling and chatting with real Thai men while you are not watching?

If she doesn't work, then why not?

Are you lonely? Do you need help?🙏

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, thesetat2013 said:

Am curious why you are asking this question? It should not be a matter of your interest. 

A lot better than most of the other silly questions asked.   I kind of like the thread, and helps us understand the mindset of fellow members.

Along with who to ignore :cheesy:

Interesting about the different 'relationships', whether retired, still working, one or both.  Nice to hear about successful, long lasting relationships, no matter how they hooked up.

12 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Interesting about the different 'relationships', whether retired, still working, one or both.  Nice to hear about successful, long lasting relationships, no matter how they hooked up.

I believe in long lasting partnership where both is more or less engaged in what the other part do, or at least support and follow the other and helps to make life easier for each other. 

If I need a break, I go fishing, gym, motorbike trip, or work since I more or less can go work when I want. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Wife has worked all the time i have known her, apart from about 3 years around the time our daughter was born; once she went to nursery, wife opened a shop, because she wanted too. Also has her mother and father to look after (especially the last year, both in their 80's), also house to look after and other domestic duties. What she does with her money is her concern, as long as the monthly housekeeping I give her isn't used up.

• Thanks 2

Work outside the house?? No.   And she will never need to work, nor will I.  But she busts her arse at the house, vacuuming, cleaning, laundry, and helping me with meal prep.  My only gripe is the cordless vac battery lasts too long, yea, too long.  But glad I didn't get her an electric corded vac.  Her fav hobby is gardening, and she works hard doing that too.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, KhunLA said:

A lot better than most of the other silly questions asked.   I kind of like the thread, and helps us understand the mindset of fellow members.

Along with who to ignore :cheesy:

Questions about feeling or thoughts is one thing. helps to understand about the person. But current details about the people in your home is quite personal. It is up to you if you do not feel that way. But i am ok telling things about the past or my thoughts or circumstances for things that happened. But not comfortable about telling current details that are none of anyone's business about my family. We do not know who is gathering information from this and other such questions. Some pervert, or some government or some psychopath. Thai or foreigner. 

My wife works as an interpreter and makes 130k per month, plus 15% of the sales commissions paid on the orders she works which is pretty hit or miss. 

She did not work for 5-6 years when she got pregnant. Then worked part time for a few years and went back full time when I retired about five years ago.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mine works but didn’t for the first 5 years we were together. She earns about 13K a month as a seamstress. I don’t see any of the money though as she saves it for any house improvement ideas she has. I paid to have the house built she pays for other add ons she wants.

Edited by Utalk2mutt