British Airways flights to Bangkok to resume end of October

IMG_4250.jpeg

British Airways is ramping up its flights from London to Bangkok and expanding its codeshare partnership with Bangkok Airways, giving travellers even more options to explore Thailand and Cambodia.

British Airways’ direct route from London Gatwick to Bangkok is back on October 28, after a four-year hiatus. Initially operating three times a week, the service will increase to five weekly flights between January and March 2025, making it easier than ever to reach Thailand’s vibrant capital.

In addition, thanks to an enhanced codeshare agreement with Bangkok Airways, British Airways customers can now seamlessly connect to five new dream destinations across Thailand and Cambodia—all on one ticket.

Whether you’re dreaming of the beaches of Phuket, the tranquillity of Koh Samui, the cultural riches of Chiang Mai, or the historic sites of Phnom Penh and Siem Reap, your Southeast Asian adventure just got a whole lot easier.

“In October, we will be operating our first direct flight to Thailand in more than four years, so it’s a highly anticipated return to our global network. Knowing that this route will be particularly popular with our leisure customers, we’re pleased to be working with Bangkok Airways to offer more choices and make these sought-after holiday destinations more accessible.”

Travellers who are members of the British Airways Executive Club can collect Avios and Tier Points when flying on Bangkok Airways, unlocking perks like lounge access and free seat selection, reported Travel Daily Media.

In related news, Bangkok Airways and luxury resort SO/ Maldives are optimistic about expanding their business in the Maldives, a popular destination among Thai tourists. The Maldives achieved a significant milestone in tourism last year, welcoming over 1.8 million visitors, the highest number in a year, according to the Maldives Marketing and Public Relations Corp.

by Puntid Tantivangphaisal

Source: The Thaiger 2024-08-09

-  Cigna offers a variety of health insurance plans designed to meet the minimum requirement for medical treatment coverage, with benefits reaching up to THB 3 million. These plans are tailored to provide comprehensive healthcare solutions for expatriates, ensuring peace of mind and access to quality medical services. To explore the full range of Cigna's expat health insurance options and find a plan that suits your needs, click here for more information.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Hopefully this will put a pin in Thai Airways exploitative london to Bangkok bubble !

Was thinking the same thing.... competition could be good for travelers.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

British Airways’ direct route from London Gatwick to Bangkok is back on October 28, after a four-year hiatus

Was it not from Heathrow before?

• Agree 2

It will be interesting for times, they changed the Bangkok to Heathrow flight from night to day flight, arriving in London early evening which was a pain. Hope its back to night flights both ways.

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Hopefully this will put a pin in Thai Airways exploitative london to Bangkok bubble !

From their website:

return two weeks in November (2.11. to 17.11.) in Economy standard with checked baggage:

1154 £

Is that a bargain?

(and indeed from Gatwick)

Mobile site is quite challenging to my opinion.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, sungod said:

It will be interesting for times, they changed the Bangkok to Heathrow flight from night to day flight, arriving in London early evening which was a pain. Hope its back to night flights both ways.

21:15 LGW - 16:10 BKK
22:55 BKK - 05:30 LGW

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

From their website:

return two weeks in November (2.11. to 17.11.) in Economy standard with checked baggage:

1154 £

Is that a bargain?

Costs 1154 quid for me to get to Gatwick!

12 hours ago, webfact said:

British Airways is ramping up its flights from London to Bangkok

Meanwhile:

British Airways is to axe its direct flights between London Heathrow and Beijing.

The UK national carrier announced that the service to the Chinese capital would end on 26 October. (2024)

BA will suspend flights until at least November 2025, although it will keep the schedule under review.

A British Airways spokesperson said: “We will be pausing our route to Beijing from 26 October, and we’re contacting any affected customers with rebooking options or to offer them a full refund. “We continue to operate daily flights to Shanghai and Hong Kong.”

https://www.theguardian.com/business/article/2024/aug/08/ba-to-axe-direct-flights-from-london-heathrow-to-beijing

6 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

From their website:

1154 £

Is that a bargain?

Good for a direct flight...tempted to book now. 

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

21:15 LGW - 16:10 BKK
22:55 BKK - 05:30 LGW

6 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Good for a direct flight...tempted to book now. 

Same dates with EVA Economy class with 2 x 23kg checked baggage but from Heathrow direct to BKK showing as £774 just now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Keeps said:

Same dates with EVA Economy class with 2 x 23kg checked baggage but from Heathrow direct to BKK showing as £774 just now. 

I'm in Wandsworth so more than happy to pay extra for Gatwick flights.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

From their website:

1154 £

Is that a bargain?

No that is a Rip-off

• Agree 1

23 hours ago, nakhonandy said:

Well they're cancelling the flights to Beijing so this maybe their way of making the money back.

Hopefully it'll be from Heathrow.

It may also put pressure on Thai to reduce price. 

Sorry, it's from LGW - not only does it say so in the rehashed press release they've posted as a news article, a pal's mum is already booked to fly over on it. 

23 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

From their website:

1154 £

Is that a bargain?

Just booked Eva air £825 direct to Heathrow. Easily the best. Wanted to go to Manchester but Emirates £1230 so £800 saving for 2 of us pays petrol and much more for son in law to drive down to collect us . Convenient flight time too

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Drumbuie said:

Sorry, it's from LGW - not only does it say so in the rehashed press release they've posted as a news article, a pal's mum is already booked to fly over on it. 

Thanks for the info.

Pity, Heathrow is so much easier I find. 

On 8/9/2024 at 7:19 AM, topt said:

Was it not from Heathrow before?

There certainly was. I used BA quite a lot for a while and can't remember a Gatwick option. Probably no Hethrow slot available at the moment.

Now that you can get a train from Gatwick straight across London, now my preferred option.

• Confused 1

LHR flights to start soon, have a look on the BA website. if you poke about there is more information on there even though its a little confusing.

On 8/9/2024 at 2:55 AM, KhunBENQ said:

From their website:

1154 £

Is that a bargain?

I searched those dates on Kayak with checked bag and cabin bag.  Cheapest was Eva at £699, Next was Thai at £802, BA most expensive at £978. Both Thai and BA were overnight flights both ways.

The last time I flew with BA I was very unimpressed with the service (and tbh, that's the reason why I have never flown with them since), so I am not tempted to pay more for BA than with Eva or Thai.

3 hours ago, NedR69 said:

They gotta make up the loss somewhere, cause their routes to China will end in October because of Russian airpspace.  

With respect, British Airways will still be flying to Hong Kong and Shanghai. Only Beijing flights will be cancelled.