Lek Hotel Pattaya

saintdomingo

Trying to book but keep getting told it's closed.

Anyone here know.

I've already asked on the Pattaya forum but it doesn't seem very busy these days so thought I'd try here. 

Better delete the other one, I think double posting doesn't go down well.

Don't know what your requirements are, I found the White Rose Hotel clean and comfortable, plenty of restaurants nearby. Two blocks walk away from Walking Street. IIRC 700 baht/night.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, saintdomingo said:

The link wasn't working but thanks anyway.

Well it says https not supported for me which rather dates their efforts. 

7 hours ago, freedomnow said:

Is that one of the English breakfrast buffet hotels ?

Just had a flashback to being there mid 2000s on a short trip to see a friend.

Yes used to be a good one, not tried ii recently as not been in in Pattaya for a while.

7 hours ago, freedomnow said:

There's no such thing as an "English breakfast buffet hotel". What they serve at Lek Hotel and the like is nothing at all like a proper, or close to proper, English breakfast that you'll find at say, The Sportsman on Soi 13 which is my go-to when i'm in town.

I went to a few of those hotels for breakfast back in the day, Apex, Dianna Inn, Lek Hotel and found them wanting. The sausages were those horrible Thai frankfurter thingies and the bacon was overcooked American a.k.a. streaky bacon. A long way off from the pork sausage and back bacon you'd get at Sportsman, Pig and Whistle, Butchers Arms et el. The only saving grace was the omelet station.

If anything i'd call them "American Breakfast buffet hotels.

Side note: i stayed at the Avani for a few days in January 2002 when the prices were still low because of Covid. I found their breakfast wanting as well so i high-tailed it up to Soi 13 for proper grub 😂

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Seriously,  in Thailand, unless it is a public holiday just turning up mid day will get you a room. I have traveled all over Thailand without booking and always got a room.

This is not like the UK where if you don't  book in advance you could end up sleeping in your car.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, saintdomingo said:

Taking the misses so I wanted something lined up when I get there, didn't want to be arsing round door to to door.

Shoulda got the missus to call them from the get-go, get the Thai price 😉

Please let us know how the breakfast is these days, i had it once in 2001 and ran screaming from the place never to return!

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, freedomnow said:

Yes, it is, although I would not have said 'English' breakfast, more Buffet breakfast. There was another well known for it's (cheap) buffet breakfast nearby, just across 2nd rd. too. I used the Lek place a lot in my early Pattaya days, 80s onwards. Cheap and cheerful, a bit basic, but a good location and a stagger from my drinking hole back then, The Wonderful Bar. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Cheap and cheerful, a bit basic, but a good location and a stagger from my drinking hole back then, The Wonderful Bar. 

Wonderful one or two jacko....or both....happy days :thumbsup:

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, it is, although I would not have said 'English' breakfast, more Buffet breakfast. There was another well known for it's (cheap) buffet breakfast nearby, just across 2nd rd. too. I used the Lek place a lot in my early Pattaya days, 80s onwards. Cheap and cheerful, a bit basic, but a good location and a stagger from my drinking hole back then, The Wonderful Bar. 

The noted one for the breakfast buffet was the Casa Whatever a bit further down the road on the other side.

Do you remember Nervous Dave who used to get up and do The Young Ones at the Wonderful by  request of the group. They used to play it every time he walked past.

In the olden days I used to drink in Soi Yamato at the Dogs Bxllxcks.

Edited by saintdomingo

On 8/12/2024 at 6:50 PM, freedomnow said:

Yes, and the dining area is near the pool. I used to stuff as much as possible in as I didn't have to eat the rest of the day.

I liked Lek, decent thick concrete walls kept the noise down. I had a room at the front and could see the passing parade from my window. Spent a month there and no complaints. I got a discount after a week or so for staying long time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, saintdomingo said:

The noted one for the breakfast buffet was the Casa Whatever a bit further down the road on the other side.

Do you remember Nervous Dave who used to get up and do The Young Ones at the Wonderful by  request of the group. They used to play it every time he walked past.

Were you in the Dog's B***** when the Brit owner of the place I was staying in across the road dragged his Brit partner out onto the street and beat him up. The crowd in there were cheering loudly. I guess they liked aggravated violence.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

Shoulda got the missus to call them from the get-go, get the Thai price 😉

Please let us know how the breakfast is these days, i had it once in 2001 and ran screaming from the place never to return!

They stopped the buffet breakfast during covid and haven't heard of it starting up again.

The breakfast at LK Empress just down the road is ok.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Were you in the Dog's B***** when the Brit owner of the place I was staying in across the road dragged his Brit partner out onto the street and beat him up. The crowd in there were cheering loudly. I guess they liked aggravated violence.

Don't remember that, reports of trouble in or from the Bxllxcks itself were generally exaggerated. Most of them there at the beginning were ageing football hooligans, later long-stay and semi permanent UK guys levelled things out a bit.

About the cheering, well that doesn't surprise me.

• Thanks 1

I remember I never finished the breakfast buffet at Lek Hotel, it was not very good.  That was like 10 years ago, if the standards are the same today I would avoid them.

OMG.....that brings back memories.

Lying in bed at the Lek Hotel, about 8 am.....bed rocked very, very gently and I said to a 'friend' lying next to me "there's been an earthquake somewhere".

Never thought much about it till we heard the news the following day about the tsunami.

6 hours ago, sandyf said:

They stopped the buffet breakfast during covid and haven't heard of it starting up again.

That's a shame. Like I said, not a fan of those buffet breakfasts but nothing against folk that like that sort of thing. Especially in a nice little poolside courtyard like they have, or had, at the Lek.

20 hours ago, petermik said:

Wonderful one or two jacko....or both....happy days :thumbsup:

Well back then there was only 1 IIRC, on 13/1, and it was only half the size. Owned by a Finnish guy?

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, saintdomingo said:

Was it not also The Apex that did a buffet breakfast near there? The Casa ( Pascal ?) place was really a higher end of the market but very good.

Dogs Bollxx, a bit rough for me, and not welcoming for a Manchester lad! I also spent a lot of time in Dave's (GB) Bar, locations on Beach Rd, then Pattayaland 1, then 2nd Rd. 

Edited by jacko45k