People’s Party Surge: 84% Would Vote Today, Poll Reveals

Just the other day we saw the courts ban 10 people from politics for 10 years.....these people will be next! Thaksin et al, will rid any opposing parties very quickly.

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, retarius said:

I tend not to take much notice of polls so far away from the election, but this is astounding. I hope the EC and CC take note of these results. When they ban parties they might not get the result they are hoping for.

EC and CC don't have the mental capacity to think tat far ahead

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

The thai military did stop people's movements before already .

They will get orders to kill demonstrators if there is no other way

Tourism is the only thing keeping Thailand and many thousands of workers going.

They could not risk another episode like that again.

• Agree 1

Someone's dreaming up a 100,000 baht Digital Waterfall.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Chulalongkorn University political scientist Puangthong Pawakapan has criticised the Constitutional Court for what she describes as a double standard.

Tell me again who appoints every Judge?

I think we can safely call it a "Single Standard".

• Agree 2

Unless the people are ready to take what is theirs by force, they are just blowing smoke, look to your Northwest neighbors to see how that is done. First, gather some courage and grow a spine.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

One thing is very clear now - the Bangkok conservative power ruling elite need to change their thinking and actions fairly quickly, before blood is flowing in the streets.  I do not expect many the rank and file soldiers to be standing with the generals at this time, they will be standing with the people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

84%? Good grief, we'll have to abolish them tomorrow!

And The People too!

i bet they are already looking for ways to stop them. Let's hope PP can avoid giving them any reasons before the next election.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I wonder how the elite would counter this if it came to an election.

They rely on the remaining 16% and will count the votes untill they'll see 100%. And they will start the tank's engines....just in case.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

The only way things will change here is if the Thai people show the army they are very serious, and will not tolerate being manipulated and shoved around. The people are going to have to make some major sacrifices. But, it will happen. It is just a matter of time. The Jurassic era is drawing to a close. 

There will never be another military coup here. Think about it. The moral authority that backed the coups in the past, is long gone. And the army does not have the guts to wage war against their people, Burmese style. 

It won't happen. The families of the soldiers would never tolerate their sons murdering innocent Thais. The moms would say "you murder one Thai, and you are never welcome back into our family home again. Listen to me. Do not do this". And you would have massive army defections. Who will fight at that point? Not the cowardly generals? They would flee into exile with their billions, and the army might collapse, or give up, at that point.

That sounds very optimistic....but there always one above all laws and rules and his will must be done

• Sad 2
  • Agree 1