Russian Man Arrested in Thailand After 1,599 Days Overstay

webfact

13 minutes ago, JoePai said:

Does non appearance for the 90 days not cause a red flag ?

If he'd entered on a 15/30 day tourist extension he wouldn't be expected to do a 90 day report, probably he arrived in say Bangkok and moved there, and wouldn't notify of his arrival.  I was here for 3 extensions (2 of them annual)  before I found out I should have been doing 90 day reports as well, Immigration never queried the fact lack of reports, and I only found out be being bored and started to read their noticeboard.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

Just now, brianthainess said:

Who would want to go back to Russia ? Nobody.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Mr. Dmitri, who revealed that he is half Russian and half Canadian, admitted to entering Thailand on a Russian passport. Despite holding citizenship in both Russia and Canada

Poutine before Putin.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, foreverlomsak said:

If he'd entered on a 15/30 day tourist extension he wouldn't be expected to do a 90 day report, probably he arrived in say Bangkok and moved there, and wouldn't notify of his arrival.  I was here for 3 extensions (2 of them annual)  before I found out I should have been doing 90 day reports as well, Immigration never queried the fact lack of reports, and I only found out be being bored and started to read their noticeboard.

I think you missed the sarcasm.

About 5 years, that is not a disaster anyway, the only thing is that the government has lost money, and now it will cost them money again if they have to maintain him in jail, but yes that will be another department.

• Confused 1