Bombshell:Dem Convention Protests for Palestine

riclag

17 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Stop trying to justify kidnapping and the holding of hostages, its disgusting.

@Bkk Brian, We've exchanged our views on this for almost a year now. You know what mine are:
- This "war" didn't start on Oct 7, 2023. It's been going on for at least 70 years. Oct 7 was just another episode.
- I don't support the taking and holding of hostages, but I also don't support the bombing of entire cities. You seem to support the latter, but don't think that's a problem.
- What I do support is an exchange of hostages, a ceasefire, and beginning talks on a two-state solution. I've said almost everytime I've posted. 

What is it that you support? For example, if Hamas were to return all the hostages today, what would you recommend the Israelis do then? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FriscoKid said:

It's not even important. The country wants the intelligent young woman, not the crazed old man. He can't even speak clearly anymore. He won't win. 

Too bad neither one are  running. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, susanlea said:

They used to believe in Greek like gods.

They were polytheists, yes, but the Greek gods were adorable teddy bears compared to the Canaanite gods, who routinely required child sacrifice.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

but I'll admit I haven't kept up-to-date on all the details in the ongoing discussions... I would only assume that the Zionists wouldn't consider a ceasefire without an agreement on the release of the hostages.

Why would they?

And truly, you haven't kept up to date with ANYTHING -- not only details but the very broad strokes of history and policy.

"Zionists" --  >>DRINK<<

• Love It 1

5 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

@Bkk Brian, We've exchanged our views on this for almost a year now. You know what mine are:
- This "war" didn't start on Oct 7, 2023. It's been going on for at least 70 years. Oct 7 was just another episode.
- I don't support the taking and holding of hostages, but I also don't support the bombing of entire cities. You seem to support the latter, but don't think that's a problem.
- What I do support is an exchange of hostages, a ceasefire, and beginning talks on a two-state solution. I've said almost everytime I've posted. 

What is it that you support? For example, if Hamas were to return all the hostages today, what would you recommend the Israelis do then? 

There you go again. Supporter of war crimes taking hostages and making demands before they are released. 

• Like 2

A zionist trolling post and inflamatory remarks have been removed along with a reply to it. @WDSmart you have been told before about using the Zionist term constantly in inappropriate context. If this carries on it will be more than posts removed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

There you go again. Supporter of war crimes taking hostages and making demands before they are released. 

Changing my post.  But yes he supports Hamas.

Edited by ChicagoExpat
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

No, I do not support either Hamas' hostage-taking or the Zionist's ravaging of Gaza. I support the Palestinians and Israelis working out a two-state solution.

But one of those things is a direct result of the other. Gaza would be untouched if Hamas and their Gazan supporters had not attacked Israel. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Keep Right said:

Just when you thought it was safe to go outside the crazies come out to play. Of course the Democrats are the party of crazies and the fun in Chicago should be an eye opener.

Harris take over.jpg

January 6, 2021 ...

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, riclag said:

AZAB

Thirdly, azab, which means punishment (punishment of God). In the Qur’an, azabis interpreted as torture or a very painful punishment. The punishment is inflicted by God only on those who are ungodly and do not believe.

These people are dangerous far left radicals hell bent on taking on Americans ,traditions.
harris/walz sympathizes with these people who chant death to America , divest from western institutions!

I can’t change the narrative of the left, but I can help expose 

them to Swing voters of America!

I do find it rather disconcerting that we would, no doubt, agree on preserving many American cultural traditions but ... I would also note that god's wrath is a well established view in USA conservative Christian beliefs so pointing to the similar teaching in the Koran comes as no surprise. Sorry, it is my history background coming out. Hammarabi's, eye for an eye justice, found its way into the later Old Testament from which both these beliefs arise. As to the justified frustration/anger out of the "Holy Land", I can understand it but do not have any easy answer. In the meantime, I will continue to support a secure, independent two state solution.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

as long as asylum seekers are granted nationality and the exact same rights as multi-generational citizens it is a sign of the things to come.

we as expats are not granted the rights asylum seekers are, yet we bring in a constant flow of money this country needs... asylum seekers come begging...

they should be returned home when there is an inkling of stability in their homeland

Although the main focus is on pro-Palestinian efforts, the group is also addressing a range of social justice issues including police crimes, immigrants' rights….

Radical Marxist, the foot soldiers  of the dem party who will be coming to protest  in Chicago, have a  anti American plan to radically change our local / Federal elections! Imop

They want voting rights for foreigners/ non citizens!  Start small in local communities  , flood those communities with like minded noncitizens and through their  progressive indoctrination , they CHANGE AMERICAN LAWS with the help of other Marxist organizations! The taking of America without firing a shot imop

Americans need to change laws not foreign residents!

Edited by riclag
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, WDSmart said:

The land was inhabited by the Canaanites who were Arabs and the ancestors of the Palestinians. The Jewish people arrived there after the Exodus and took it from them, much like they are trying to take away what's left of Palestine now.

The Canaanites tribes were the Israelites and the Israelites  became Jewish 

On 8/14/2024 at 6:48 PM, bubblegum said:

BYW before Jews and Arabs Israel was part of the Ottoman empire. For you who have not gone to school that means it was Turkish.

What does your use of  "BYW" mean?
Internet search says:
Bets You Win

Bring Your Wallet

By Your Way 

Bright Young Man

Back Yard Wrestling

And the greatest number of responses are for: A model of Adidas shoes, BYW Select

13 minutes ago, radiochaser said:

What does your use of  "BYW" mean?
Internet search says:
Bets You Win

Bring Your Wallet

By Your Way 

Bright Young Man

Back Yard Wrestling

And the greatest number of responses are for: A model of Adidas shoes, BYW Select

Some people with half a brain might deduct a typo.

BTW feel better now that you tried to be smart? 

Edited by bubblegum
Did not know "<deleted>" is a "bad" word.

Just now, bubblegum said:

BYW Before You <deleted>. Search internet for <deleted>

Had to get an insult in there, didn't you.  Does that make you feel good?

Now, tell me what the deleted words were in a way that they won't be deleted so you comment can be understood.  

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

I can't answer for @bubblegum but I'm guessing it's a typo which should read BTW (by the way).  The  "T" and "Y" keys are next to each other on most keyboards.

That makes sense to me.  Too bad bubblegum can't make a decent response like yours. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, WDSmart said:

They have to hold onto it until they get an agreement for a ceasefire; otherwise, there will never be a ceasefire. 

So , you are in favour of war crimes .

You side with war criminals .

You side with people who kidnap babies

Nothing more to be said

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, bubblegum said:

Why did you edit your post removing the sentence with the <deleted> words.   Was it so insulting, you felt bad about it?

• Love It 1

11 hours ago, WDSmart said:

- I am against Zionists but for the Israelis;

Zionists believe in a Country for Jews in Israel (Size and shape are matters up for discussion) 

11 hours ago, WDSmart said:

- I am in favor of supervised talks leading to a two-state solution, 

You also believe in a Country for Jews in Israel .

You are a Zionist as well 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Zionists believe in a Country for Jews in Israel (Size and shape are matters up for discussion) 

You also believe in a Country for Jews in Israel .

You are a Zionist as well 

Yes, but he wants all the Jews buried there

• Like 1

Oh, Chicago is going to be so, so grand...

Muslim leaders expect 100,000 pro-Palestinian demonstrators for DNC.

Three main protests are being planned for Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, the first and last days of the convention. More than 150 organizations from around the country say they’ve formed a collective to have these protests be large in numbers, and while they represent a number of different interests, they say they will be focused on the Israeli-Palestinian war.

https://wgntv.com/news/democratic-national-convention-chicago-2024/muslim-pro-palestinian-protest-plans-dnc-chicago/

DNC 2024 security zones and protest plans: What we know

Regarding “demonstration zones,” a federal judge ruled in the favor of the city’s route for protestors near the United Center. A coalition of protestors said they’ll appeal.

https://wgntv.com/news/democratic-national-convention-chicago-2024/dnc-2024-security-protest-zones/

I wonder if it'll be as grand as the 1968 DNC Convention in the Windy City.  Because one thing we know about "mostly peaceful protestors" is that they won't stay within the approved areas, or the approved activities.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, impulse said:

Oh, Chicago is going to be so, so grand...

Muslim leaders expect 100,000 pro-Palestinian demonstrators for DNC.

Three main protests are being planned for Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, the first and last days of the convention. More than 150 organizations from around the country say they’ve formed a collective to have these protests be large in numbers, and while they represent a number of different interests, they say they will be focused on the Israeli-Palestinian war.

https://wgntv.com/news/democratic-national-convention-chicago-2024/muslim-pro-palestinian-protest-plans-dnc-chicago/

DNC 2024 security zones and protest plans: What we know

Regarding “demonstration zones,” a federal judge ruled in the favor of the city’s route for protestors near the United Center. A coalition of protestors said they’ll appeal.

https://wgntv.com/news/democratic-national-convention-chicago-2024/dnc-2024-security-protest-zones/

I wonder if it'll be as grand as the 1968 DNC Convention in the Windy City.  Because one thing we know about "mostly peaceful protestors" is that they won't stay within the approved areas, or the approved activities.

Its a given that the progressives aren’t concerned , cause in their mind its just a means to an end!

The foot soldiers of the radical Left are coming  !We were told that in DC.

They are already angry cause their route has been restricted .

Coalition angry over terms of DNC rally permit, plan to file injunction

“The city says these could be a risk to public safety for several reasons including tents or port-a-potties being used to hide illegal activities or weapons”.

“The city said those could be broken down to become weapons and could be used against other people or police, though it is not suggesting the group necessarily would do that”.

https://wgntv.com/news/democratic-national-convention-chicago-2024/coalition-angry-over-terms-of-dnc-rally-permit-plan-to-file-injunction/

Edited by riclag