Temu vs. Lazada for Online Shopping Bliss?

Jingthing

So now there is TEMU!

Temu vs. Shopee vs. Lazada: What Sets Temu Apart? | by Nigel | Medium

It's sounding great. I haven't tried it yet though.

Of course there is Shopee too but but personally not interested in Shopee as I'm such a big Lazada user.

Big issue for me. On Lazada it's often but not always possible to get FREE SHIPPING. You do have to work for it sometimes by clicking all kinds of buttons though and that's annoying.

Does TEMU have lots of FREE SHIPPING offers, or not?

If so, are they similarly kind of a game playing thing as Lazada to get them or more transparent and direct?

• Haha 1

I had a look but not bought anything yet, not sure about free delivery options, happy with Lazada and Shopee for now.

Avoid Decathlon online, cancelled an order / asked for refund, 11 days later still no refund, bare in mind i just declined item instore

I've recently been buying some custom lego via shoppee, probably 100 packets in the past 2 months, ALL came quickly, ALL mostly complete (it is china you know), reasonably backed, and my price of shipping is 23 baht every time !!! No complaints. I vote shoppee, but then I know my market. With 23 baht shipping I buy small amount to make sure there are no issues with importation.

Edited by RichardColeman
  • Sad 1

I have ordered from Temu numerous times from my laptop in the states and in Thailand. Always free shipping. Never had a problem. The items were always as described and good quality. Just don't buy power tools. ( I saw a Youtube video of a guy who bought a bunch to try out. Not very good it seems) Otherwise, I use Temu if I can't find an item on Lazada or Shopee.

• Like 1

Temu's business model is different. The others have independent merchants that sell their goods on the platform. Temu contracts with manufacturers to buy a lot of certain items that they then sell. The choice on temu is therefore significantly less than the others. I tried it in Canada and was not impressed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Just awaiting an order coming in with some gifts and free shipping, I'll report back when the goods arrive.

I've ordered mixed items including leather belts, wallets etc

It's the quality I am interested in.

• Haha 1

I've ordered about 10 things from Temu so far. Shipping is free but a bit slower than Lazada. Product quality has been very good and incredibly cheap.

It's mostly no name stuff though, not as many brand names as Lazada has but obviously some of the Lazada "brand name" stuff is suspicously cheap, shall we say...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, arick said:

AliExpress is far cheaper for computers and relating equipment. Under cutting the prices of the same on Lazada and shoppee. Mini PC 4000bht cheapest on Lazada for 6000

that  aliextpress mini PC... how much is shipping and impotrt taxes ?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I use Lazada over Shopee unless only Shopee have the more suitable product. Both are fine in my experience. Lazada's returns procedure is good, not sure about Shopee's.

A friend has used Temu once and was happy. I will try them if they and only they have what I need.

4 hours ago, rwill said:

The prices in their ads are way too cheap.  My Thai nephew says everyone complains about the low quality of the items you receive.

Often my wife will want to go to "The Cheap Store" next to Big C.  She knows the quality of items there as do I.  But we shop there because - items are cheap (inexpensive and quality). Caveat Emptor - we understand what we are purchasing. 

If I should purchase something from Temu and the prices are really cheap - the same applies.

You don't get a silk purse from a sow's ear.  If you understand what you are buying (and you should) then there is no reason to complain.   just saying...

• Like 1

Temu is not well run.

If you click on the thousands of ads they show on my mobile phone, it takes you to a page to simply register and sign in, NOT the product page, infuriating!

I tried a couple of weeks ago to actually register and searched for 55 inch TV.  Got everything EXCEPT TV's!  Weird!!!

And NO C.O.D. that I could find!

Gave up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CanadaSam said:

Temu is not well run.

If you click on the thousands of ads they show on my mobile phone, it takes you to a page to simply register and sign in, NOT the product page, infuriating!

I tried a couple of weeks ago to actually register and searched for 55 inch TV.  Got everything EXCEPT TV's!  Weird!!!

And NO C.O.D. that I could find!

Gave up.

https://www.texaspolicy.com/why-communist-china-connected-temu-is-worse-than-tiktok/

4 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

that  aliextpress mini PC... how much is shipping and impotrt taxes ?

I don't know why people  already giving him a heart and a thumbs up!

The shipping is free and there is no taxes it was delivered to my door within 5 days. Can you people not read I said it is far cheaper AliExpress than Lazada or shoppee I paid 4,000 Thai baht outright versus 6000 plus shipping on shoppee.

Edited by arick
  • Like 2

Just did Temu twice

First order, all ok

Second order, wrong, didnt get what I ordered, 2 items.

Re sending, popped up with screen, "you keep it and get 5 euro back".

I decide no. Now see if I get money back and when.

Ok checked and money is back already. Thats real quick, just in 1 day, didnt expect it.

Well there is a local send back in the country , probably also for other sites, so it is checked here and gathered to send back to China or for making pallets, to be sold as mysterie package.

With alieexpress no returns, every time good.

Knock on wood.

Edited by xtrnuno41