Amorn Tukcom Basement R.I.P

johng

The thing about Amorn/physical stores is that you can take an old broken part with no id number there and compare the dimensions with a replacement part  that may be from a completely different model or manufacturer  but is close enough to fit..maybe requires a small modification to work,that's something that is almost impossible to do with an online store..saved my bacon a few times 🙏

• Agree 2

Very sad to see. 

Yes, It was so convenient, you'd take in your broken fan blade or electronic part, look through the shelves and find what you wanted. 

Mr DIY doesn't have the same selection. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Agree 2

On 8/28/2024 at 5:51 AM, CallumWK said:

I have a feeling that the whole of Tukcom may shut down in the not so distant future

To be converted into a Nana Plaza type of building? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/28/2024 at 10:32 AM, Pattaya57 said:

Except I refuse to shop online, never have, never will. 

Pity really, they really are a good supplier of many items at cheaper prices that you just can't find. Only this week i saved some 300 baht on shaving gel (2 cans) that was a silly price in Big-C. 

• Agree 1

On 8/30/2024 at 2:40 AM, mran66 said:

To be converted into a Nana Plaza type of building? 

Just like the rumoured plans for The Avenue ?

I think the Tukcom building was originally a hotel  so maybe back to that  or another huge massage parlour  like the one next to Friendship.

22 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Not in my experiences.

It can be, but it is usually window dressing.. ie cheaper shown price if delivery has to be paid... more expensive if not. Generally delivery very reasonable and I have found efficient from domestic sources. 

There is a shop on theppasit rd, just near the traffic lights and over head cameras, they sell most of the stuff amorm used to sell. Electronics parts, remotes, AV bits, sound gear. 

LHS going towards Suk rd, 4-5 shops up from the lights, blue facade with Thai writing.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes there is also another shop on Theprasit same side a bit further along towards Sukhumvit  that has a large selection of electronic components...ill post a Google map to both shops when back at my  computer...tomorrow.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, johng said:

The 2 Thepprasit electronic stores  this first one you can't walk around browsing for stuff they have a counter and the staff will go find what you want.

I've been going for years, around the corner from home. 

Years ago you could freely rome around the shop but they installed a barrier. 

I asked the owner why the change, they said that they had a couple of foreigners loading their pockets. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Years ago you could freely rome around the shop but they installed a barrier.

I love the fact that they have  CRT  Tvs and VHS machines  locked up in  a cage opposite the counter 😋

I just noticed that right next door to the second shop in google street view is a shop I had been searching for  that does reupholstery   strange how you find things when not actually looking for it.