Do you still see girls in bars which you would consider as girlfriend/wife?

6 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

I don’t think that would be “normal”.

A very small percentage perhaps. 

You use the word “unfortunately” as if you disapprove? 
But you participated.

Sounds like you know it is off but want to justify it by blaming police and parents.

I have no statistic. But talk to the girls and you will often hear stories about their mother demanding money. Are that 10% or the mothers or 80%? I don't know. 

I would be happy if all parents all around the world would take care of all their children. Feed them, play with them, send them to school, be good parents. But we all know that there are lots of bad parents. Some just don't care, and their children end up in not so good conditions. And some parents force their children into bad situations. How many do that? I don't know. Too many.

And about participating: We can argue about what is good. Was it good that my gf stopped working in a bar and lived together with me? I didn't force her to do that. It was her choice. And she is still together with me. So, it seems she is happy enough with the situation.

And when I go to bars and buy girls some drinks or more, is that good? I don't think it's bad. I don't force any girl to spend time with me. And I am sure when girls have to choose to spend time with nice guys or with aholes, then they prefer the nice guys.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

Where would I find myself one of these 16 year olds?

I don't know, I never actively searched for them.

But I am sure you could ask some girls if they have a little sister who is lonely.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Good.

I also like beautiful and healthy mentally. And IMHO many people get more and more damaged (and stubborn) the older they get. 

I think it is probably easier to find a beautiful and healthy mentally girl with 20 than one with 30 or 40. With 20 she didn't have time to accumulate too much damage (and bad habits). 

Plus and minuses I guess.  99% of 18 YOs would be hard for me to deal with and just can't fathom how you pulled it off with a 16 YO.  They are evolving at hyper speed and you can't lock them in a closet when they have a tantrum or just wish to be a normal 16 yo. 

I think you just got super lucky or are some sort of mental giant that knows all the intricacies involved in a 16 YO's mind.  The odds for success in my case would be close to ZERO.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't know how most of the bars in Pattaya make any money. Most of the girls are too old/fat. I wouldn't even buy them a drink let alone bar fine them. One i spoke to the other night was 42 and well over 55 kgs.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, atpeace said:

Plus and minuses I guess.  99% of 18 YOs would be hard for me to deal with and just can't fathom how you pulled it off with a 16 YO.  They are evolving at hyper speed and you can't lock them in a closet when they have a tantrum or just wish to be a normal 16 yo. 

I think you just got super lucky or are some sort of mental giant that knows all the intricacies involved in a 16 YO's mind.  The odds for success in my case would be close to ZERO.  

With my gf, that happened many years ago. I was also a little younger at that time. And obviously she was different. 😉 

I don't know if I could and would like to handle this today. Some young girls, i.e. in supermarkets, seem to be nice, and if I would look for a new gf then maybe I would spend some time with them. Would it work? I don't know.

21 minutes ago, DrPhibes said:

I've seen some videos of walking down Soi 6 in Pattaya in the last week.  Overweight, aggressive, 20? (looked more like 30's to me) is right.  The girls have forgotten how to be seductive, smile and a wink come hither playful kind of seductive.  Now it's just business, flirting is a dead art.

I guess they didn't practice much of playful conversation and flirting. But they know all the tiktok influencers... 

3 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

With my gf, that happened many years ago. I was also a little younger at that time. And obviously she was different. 😉 

I don't know if I could and would like to handle this today. Some young girls, i.e. in supermarkets, seem to be nice, and if I would look for a new gf then maybe I would spend some time with them. Would it work? I don't know.

It would work for me I think if I was inclined to make the effort. I'm 57 but get the impression while out and about that  20ish women are interested.  Not all but some hotties seem to be.  Strange for me to comprehend but it seems to be the case. Not sure about you but assume the same would apply.  Where it would end, who knows...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Keeps said:

Loy Kroh Road? I drink there now and again. Have met and chatted to a few pleasant 'girls' there but you certainly don't see many (if any) 'lookers' these days. I have one favourite bar within the bar complex I always visit if I'm out but only to chat and have a drink with a couple of the girls and the owner is a nice guy.

I don't know if there is an alternative area within CM where there is a bar scene and the girls may be a bit more attractive?

Yes, Loi Kroh. I was there to visit Rock Me Burger with a friend, which was excellent, but i noticed the girls in the bar were of a very advanced age, all of them.  There are some more bars in the Bo Sang area, but you'd need a car and they cater to Thais. Maiaek Garden is the place to go if you want to meet young and attractive girls.

15 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

No, I have nothing on my mind.

I just wanted to talk about a situation where it doesn't sound like I want to get rid of the old woman to find a girl half her age.

If my gf behaves similar to the way she did over the last years, then it is unlikely that we ever separate. 

My wife changes, as most do around that time of the month, i.e. the hormones go a little stray, so to speak, and I put up with it, as she does, when mine go a little stray so to speak. Soon soon she will be entering menopause so that will go away, and thanks F her moods are nothing like my X's (she could kill).

If one has a tiff, which is seldom in my case, and one is thinking of leaving, one has to refer ones self to the scale:

1. Is she faithful. YES

2. Does she drink or smoke. NO

3. Does she cook. YES, like a boss

4. Does she mix with girlfriends/family. No, family visit for 10 minutes once a month

5. If she possessive. NO

6. Is she argumentative. NO

7. Is she still attractive after 2 decades. YES

8. Does she still do it like you 1st met. YES

9. Is she mindful of expenses and the cost of living. YES

10. Can you find better. No, as I believe they broke the mold when they made this one

If your g/f gets 10 out of 10 then better the devil you know, than the one you don't, that said, taking a young filly every now and again is healthy, while you still have your cake and eat it too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Keeps said:

I don't know if there is an alternative area within CM where there is a bar scene and the girls may be a bit more attractive?

There's a little row of bars that have some really sleazy looking young girls near where I live and I pass by cycling often in the evening when they open up. I don't think they're Thai even, seems like Burmese meant for the local guys. I'm sure there's loads of these in various areas more in the actual city but this is the only place that comes to mind. Doesn't interest me but maybe this is some guys style. 

https://maps.app.goo.gl/GoHP7BKXyr52RgY98

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, NorthernRyland said:

I'm sure there's loads of these in various areas

Exactly, these bars that cater for Thais are all over, even in the outer areas. Often not in clusters but by themselves. I saw a couple outside Bo Sang as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Henryford said:

I don't know how most of the bars in Pattaya make any money. Most of the girls are too old/fat. I wouldn't even buy them a drink let alone bar fine them. One i spoke to the other night was 42 and well over 55 kgs.

You see the guys zooming around on their motorbikes.  7 years back there were many and  bet they accomplished what they were tying to accomplish.  Can't just walk into a bar now and expect to find someone interesting.  It was funny to witness  - they looked like chickens with their heads cut off but with mobiles phone ready to record prospect contact info.  

To each his own but at this point in my life, I would rather just take it slow and go the traditional route.  Not single so maybe I would also join the moto-love seeking group.  As for online - boring as fffckk.  Fun 10 years ago but now it is a shhhtt show online.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, bangadang said:

I'm amazed anyone would think a GF from a bar is a great idea unless she is a complete newcomer (rare).  It's like a recovering alcoholic going to a beer festival - what could go wrong?

Now I would probably look for a girl who didn't work in a bar. But here are some reasons why a bargirl is maybe an option:

Many of us elder guys want a pretty cute sexy girl. And many of us accept the fact that those girls would typically not look for an old guy - even he is fit and handsome and whatever. So, money, and all the things which money can buy, are a good incentive to get such girl. Bargirls are obviously willing to exchange money for their company. So that makes them already a good fit.

In bars it is easy to see 1000 girls a night. We see them with few clothes so before we even exchange one single word, we can decide already which once look and move the way we like it.

In just one night it should be easy to talk to at least 10 girls which we preselected from the 1000 on stage. And if we think "she is the one" then let's go and an hour later we have a better idea how we match.

What's the alternative? "Normal" bars where some girls are ordinary girls and others are out to make money? Online dating with the same problem? Maybe girls from work or randomly from the skytrain, supermarket, whatever?

Bars are definitely a place where there are lots of available girls. Some of them are new in business and nice. We don't need hundreds of them. One is enough. 

y I would like to have another one similar to what my gf used to be. Young, cute, innocent, happy enjoying life.  I must be missing somewhere you said you meet your wife in a bar. She was young cute innocent yeah I guess she must’ve been all the above working in a bar TIT.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I met my gf in a bar, many years ago. At that time, it seemed almost everybody met their girlfriends in bars - at least the people I know personally.

I am not looking for a new gf, but I have to admit from time to time I play that game: what if. What if my gf would have a deadly accident and I would be single again and looking for a new girl.

Would I look in a bar? Any other specific places? Online?

What kind of girl/women would I look for? Similar to what my gf was when I met her many years ago? Similar how she was recently? Something completely different?

In a way I would like to have another one similar to what my gf used to be. Young, cute, innocent, happy enjoying life.

Apart from the big issue if such a girl would want me, it seems to me there are not many young, cute, innocent girls around anymore. For the sake of this thread, let's say >= 20 years old.

Maybe once a week I go with a friend through a couple of bars in Nana. And what do I see? Mostly fat girls who are nearer to 30 than 20, many over 30. Most of them are a little or a lot overweight. And very few give me the impression that they are just nice girls. I think years ago there were plenty of nice girls in the bars. Now, not anymore.

Obviously, my vision and perception changed with age, experience, etc. I am also not as horny anymore, so the "wow, I want her" situations don't happen much anymore.

But all in all, I think there are just not many attractive girls in the bars anymore.

Sometimes I still see cute waitresses in restaurants, nice girls in 7/11, etc. But in the bars? Seldom, very seldom.

What do you think about this? If you are not against the concept of having a gf from a bar, do you still see some or many girls which you would consider girlfriend material?

Again, to make this clear, I am sure many of the girls would not be interested in me, even if I wanted them. I know that. But my point is still: There are almost no nice girls in the bars anymore, independent of the fact if they would want me. How about you?

This is something I have never ever considered. The only exception might be if she was a new girl who was in a very difficult situation. Something like she was left high and dry with a couple kids by some a-hole Thai boyfriend and had no other choice but to consider selling her body to keep the kids and family eating and sheltered. She would also have to be above average intelligence and clearly sincere and trustworthy (which a few months of dating might uncover)

But, if she had been at it awhile. No thanks. Bar girl mentality settles in and there is no taking the bar out of the girl after some amount of time.

Dicey situation IMHO. i don't understand guys who can do that except that they may be the type that don't need a partner who is intellectually stimulating and only need a partner that nods their head in agreement while the punter banters on and on.

Edited by StandardIssue
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

To do what? Getting money to make her happy?

Meaning I would not be responsible for her life and economics.

Met a few in Hua Hin in their 40'ies, who where fishing for someone like me, but I was already taken. 

20 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I never tried online dating. I might be wrong, but I don't think I would like it.

The reason is the chemistry - for lack of a better word.

Show me 100 pictures of girls and I might pick 10 who I think look the way I want. And then? Look is just one thing. I wouldn't want to meet them and 5 min later I know already that I am not interested - and for them it's maybe the same.

In a bar I see maybe 50 girls on stage. I seldom pick the best-looking girl. How do they move? Do they look at me? Do they smile? A few minutes just looking at them, without talking, filters already most of them out - often including many of the good-looking girls. And maybe suddenly one of the not top looking girls makes a good impression.

Add a drink and a few minutes of conversation, and there is another big part where I know: This is not what I want.

Fine, no problem, let's go to the next bar.

With online dating and chats and meetings that process would be very different. I don't think I would like it.

A lot don't look like their pictures and if they are busy, they have you for a fool and send one of their mates thinking you won't realize. Bear in mind, plenty of gold diggers with an agenda online, OK that is true in the bars as well.

I no longer bother, TBH, been with my other half 28 years and set in my ways. I am still very early sixties, just been here so long now, I no longer get the ' buzz ' from the go-go scene.

Likewise, I do get approached, when out and about in the Bangkok bars when travelling, but I know it's only for cash and not my Tom Cruise looks.

If people want good-looking 20 something girls, they are looking in the wrong country nowadays, the places to look are Phnom Penn, Cambodia and HCMC in Vietnam.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, XB12X said:

In a bar as in a bargirl? No way. Once a wh0re, always a wh0re.

Define whore.

Is any woman who wants a rich guy or a guy who earns a lot of money a whore?

Or is she only one if she charges per night instead of marrying the guy and expecting big money while she is married and in case they get divorced?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The truth is the go-go bar scene in Thailand is a dying profession, the ones hanging out in them and the ones working in them are both relics from a bygone age.

• Thumbs Up 2

About bargirls. 

When I wrote this and when I talk about the idea of making a bargirl your girlfriend, I don't think about all bargirls. Obviously, many of them are definitely no girlfriend material.

Having said that, there are always new girls who just started. Or girls who worked for a few weeks or months and who realize that they should stop with that job before it's too late.

So, if I would look for a girlfriend in a bar, then at least 80% of them would automatically be excluded, because they work already for too long in that job.

The advantages of bars are that there are so many girls. In one night/day, it is easy to see a thousand girls. And when I say "see" this means seeing them in detail from a meter or two away, their whole body and face. Not just a photoshopped image from the time they were young and pretty.

So, a bar is definitely not the best place to meet a girl. But considering the alternatives, it is definitely also not the worst place.