The debate thread.

Cryingdick

2 hours ago, impulse said:

They glossed over the real issue...  Springfield Ohio, with a population of 60,000 has been inundated with between 15,000 and 22,000 Haitian immigrants, invited by the Biden/Harris administration.  What town can survive that?

Your statement is not reflective of  the data reported by the county. Please provide a source for that claim. Clark County which includes  Springfield, reports 12,000- 15,000 immigrants of all national origins. The population of Clark County is approximately 135,000 and according to the US census is 88% white.    And before you claim Democratic Party misrepresentation,  note that the county votes Republican county.  https://springfieldohio.gov/immigration-faqs/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, frank83628 said:

destroy the inst

as if she wrote that herself.

do you really think she would endorse Trump even if she did prefer him? her career would be over, the media would turn on her and she's be gone within a month. look at how they smear anyone that speaks out of line. 

there is no stepping out of line with the radical leftist cult!

Don't be sad. You've got the hulkster. 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Patong2021 said:

Your statement is not reflective of  the data reported by the county. Please provide a source for that claim. Clark County which includes  Springfield, reports 12,000- 15,000 immigrants of all national origins. The population of Clark County is approximately 135,000 and according to the US census is 88% white.    And before you claim Democratic Party misrepresentation,  note that the county votes Republican county.  https://springfieldohio.gov/immigration-faqs/

Investigation by the city’s Immigrant Accountability Response Team formed in October of 2023 has revealed the possibility “there were companies that knew they were going to make an effort to bring in individuals who were crossing the border based on federal regulations that they could do that,” Rue said. “I’m upset at the fact we didn’t get a chance to have an infrastructure in place if there were going to be 20,000 more people from 2020 to 2025. We didn’t get to do that.”

https://www.springfieldnewssun.com/news/springfield-mayor-investigation-into-businesses-immigration-continues/W4OJQYSNUBF7JCMSD72VVQGNQI/

Republican Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine said Tuesday he doesn’t oppose the Temporary Protected Status program under which some 15,000 Haitians have arrived in the city of about 59,000 people since 2020, but said the federal government must do more to help impacted communities.

https://apnews.com/article/springfield-ohio-haitian-influx-governor-dewine-f5a552d7ebc6e246882dca96a39a3aaa

The number of migrants varies depending on the source...  The county has more people than the city proper.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I just finished watching it.

Good news and good news.

Many of us feared Kamala Harris would be weak on stage. She wasn't. Good.

She is still a politician, and she avoided some questions, but all in all her presentation wasn't bad.

Trump repeated his usual lies. And he added some more lies.

He talked about he would end the war in Ukraine, but somehow, he didn't want to tell us how.

He still believes he won the last election.

He talked about Obamacare, and they asked him if after 9 years he has a better plan. Yes, he has a better plan, but not really, this is why he keeps Obamacare.

My summary:

She is ready to be president. Not perfect, but better than many of us feared.

He is still spreading lies. His MAGA followers might believe those lies, but are undecided voters really so stupid?

The question is, how will undecided voters react to this? I think it's all in her favor. Good.

Youre not American so you dont understand the two major issues in America right now, inflation and illegal immigration. They purposely didnt discuss these things because its too damaging to the left

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

12 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

My summary:

She is ready to be president. Not perfect, but better than many of us feared.

Mine: 

In 1944 it was no secret that Franklin D. Roosevelt would not live long enough to finish a full 4-year term. The current VP Henry Wallace was too left-leaning for the more conservative Party top brass. Harry Truman became their choice as he was the conservative Democratic Senator who most party faithful disliked the least. (FDR died not 3 months after 1945 inauguration)

An unassuming country bumpkin, Truman is now generally listed in the top-10 Presidents all time.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, impulse said:

Yeah.  I think the plan is to fire the deadwood and not replace them at all.

Edit:  To clarify, since it's almost impossible to fire a civil servant for being incompetent, the plan is to eliminate entire dead weight agencies.

Nope. Plan is to fire so called 'deep state" employees i.e. thousands of civil servant with the destruction of administrative institutions. Want your tax refund? tough...

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2024-08-30/trump-anti-civil-service-deep-state

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

You won't believe it, but news from and about America are also available in the rest of the world.

Obviously, people inside of America have first person experience with things. But we outside of the USA can still follow events and facts.

Apart from immigration and inflation many Americans are also concerned about if they will get another 4 years with a lying maniac or if they will get a leader who acts presidential.

I have hope that Trump is losing. He clearly didn't win this debate. 

The US Presidential election, because the USA is the world's greatest military and economic superpower, and the US dollar is effectively a world currency, is of great importance and significance to the rest of the world. That is why so many of us watch with interest, and can have strong views on the candidates. Whatever the outcome on November the 5th matters very much to the rest of the world. For those of us who live in democracies it is of consequence because it shapes the future, for those who live under various oppressive regimes it is even simpler - America for all that we criticise is a beacon. We cannot afford to let the light be dimmed, or perish the thought, be extinguished.

It is not often I agree with the poster I quote. In this case I do.

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Celsius said:

They all go on about Trump being a big liar, but if she can't handle someone like Trump, how can she handle Putin, Xi, Kim.....lol she is so BAD!

It was just awful the way she got angry over stuff like crowd size and repeatedly blasted off into tirades...she is...oh wait a minute..

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, mdr224 said:

Kamala is nothing more than a diversity inclusion candidate. Shes not qualified to be there

Kamala Harris had, at the time she declared her candidacy for President, according to one source I watched, some 34 years in public service, the greater bulk in elected positions.

Trump, at the he declared his candidacy had zero, no, years in public service. 

Now, in his present campaign, he has, 4.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mdr224 said:

Putin waited for biden to get in so he could invade ukraine. China is waiting for kamala to win so they can invade taiwan

Usual self centered nonsense about America. Not every major world events happen because of what takes place in the USA

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I could be wrong, but it seems to me the Trumper posters on this thread are admitting Harris performed better than than their expectations.

She did.  But that's not surprising given that it looked more like a tag team event than a one on one debate.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1