Terrifying Encounter: Hospital Maid Saved After Being Attacked by a Python

webfact

17 minutes ago, proton said:

30 minutes to free her- why not just cut it's head off instead of letting it escape?

Maybe because the poor lady was still holding on to its head?

She would probably have had more bites if she let the head go.

26 minutes ago, webfact said:

Terrified, Ms. Arom attempted to pull the snake off by grabbing its head,

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Tropicalevo said:

Maybe because the poor lady was still holding on to its head?

She would probably have had more bites if she let the head go.

They found her barely conscious. Must have been a very tight grip. Just speak true, as we all know, they always saves the animal and return it to nature. That´s why they did not kill the snake.

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

They found her barely conscious. Must have been a very tight grip. Just speak true, as we all know, they always saves the animal and return it to nature. That´s why they did not kill the snake.

Don't get reborn as a pig then, their heads are in every market!

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

45 minutes ago, proton said:

Don't get reborn as a pig then, their heads are in every market!

Maybe you are missing a couple of protons. I was referring to conservation of wildlife, not life stock. If you just have held your itchy fingers for 1 minute, you could have caught that too. 😉 

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Expat Tom said:

Cutting the head off would be a good start. The snake might stop if its head is dethatched from it body. I likely would have not escaped into the swamp with its head gone. DUH! And please spare me, if an animal comes out of a swamy to attach a human it should never have the opportunity to do so again...ever. Kill the damn thing! 

As per other comments, cutting of the head my cause the snake to 'constrict' further. 

Apparently spraying / squirting alcohol or vinegar into their mouth causes them to 'let go'.

But, I agree, then catch it and kill it so it doesn't get the chance to kill the poor lady (or others) again. 

... and for the animal lovers... I just don't care, human life supersedes animal life in 'such specific circumstances' (thought I'd agree there are also circumstance where an animals life supersedes the human life, such a poaching etc).

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, proton said:

30 minutes to free her- why not just cut it's head off instead of letting it escape?

I'm glad the python "escaped into the nearby swamp." That' must be its home.

And I see @proton's profile image shows a photo of Trump with the upside-down USA flag. An upside-down flag indicates "dire distress," and that's exactly what Trump is to the USA. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Well...duh. It was a constrictor, they don't deliver affectionate hugs.

Try and understand what my quote was pointing at. Not the snakes grip. Her grip holding the head away. You can also understand that if you read the post I quoted. Thank you for taking understanding into consideration. 🙂 Wait now! I forgot something..... hmmmmm... Oh yes! Duh, right dude?

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, proton said:

They often hate to kill animals(other than for food), even when they pose serious threat.

Mostly from their Buddhist belief, killing will reduce their merit for the better re-birth for their next life.

Accumulation of Good Points is the top priority among their value system.

That is why they often donate to the temples, monks, beggars, and stary cats/dogs.

• Thumbs Up 1