Ideas for a low speed room fan?

Kenny202

Got pedestal / desk fans at home and they all run too fast even on low. Tried putting capacitors etc in and they slow them down a bit but then you get a lot of rattling and bearing noise. Does anyone know of a small personal fan you can control the speed right down? A ceiling fan would be ideal but I rent so I wouldn't want to make permanent alterations. Still want a decent coverage say 10-12" blade. Any help appreciated

I had the same issue, most fans come with 3 settings only and 1 can be too strong especially when sleeping. My over the bed fan is too strong to use at night. I just bought a smaller fan, 12 inches, even smaller would be better but not available for the one i wanted

There must be something for people sleeping I would have thought (apart from a 30k Dyson). I see some of these tower fans look ok but the reviews mostly in Thai. The long thin upright ones. Only concern I would have about these apart from if you can have a slow speed is they look like an air con style rotary fan and wonder how easy they would be to dismantle and clean the blades

I bought a small ceiling fan off ALIEXPRESS ,there's quite a few reviews for them on Youtube,all good

they don't look much but could be just what you're looking for, 3 speeds ,and it also has an excellent

led light on it, it has to be fixed into one of those screw fittings ,easy to do and they are very cheap B500,

Just search small ceiling fans on Aliexpress ,mine delivered in a week, also has a remote

regards worgeordie