2 Dell monitors with 1 Mac Mini

DUS

Hi,

Probably a typical dummie question but here we go:

I´ve got 2 Dell monitors U2717D and U2722DE and a M2Pro Mac mini. I understand that I can connect each monitor individually with the Mac. As a matter of fact, this is how I do it at the moment (1x USB-C to USB-C and 1x USB-C to DP). Now, my question is: is it possible to connect the 2717 to the 2722 and by doing so freeing up a Thunderbolt port on the Mac mini? If possible are there any advantages/disadvantages of this setup compared to having both monitors directly connected to the Mac? What cable would I need to connect the 2722 as my main monitor with the older 2717? 

I am not very good with this so I hope it is not too stupid a question to ask. 

DUS

18 minutes ago, DUS said:

Hi,

Probably a typical dummie question but here we go:

I´ve got 2 Dell monitors U2717D and U2722DE and a M2Pro Mac mini. I understand that I can connect each monitor individually with the Mac. As a matter of fact, this is how I do it at the moment (1x USB-C to USB-C and 1x USB-C to DP). Now, my question is: is it possible to connect the 2717 to the 2722 and by doing so freeing up a Thunderbolt port on the Mac mini? If possible are there any advantages/disadvantages of this setup compared to having both monitors directly connected to the Mac? What cable would I need to connect the 2722 as my main monitor with the older 2717? 

I am not very good with this so I hope it is not too stupid a question to ask. 

DUS

I don't think you can plug a monitor into another. The monitors only have INPUTS, not OUTPUTS.