Thai man distributes explicit videos of ex-girlfriend after contracting STD

snoop1130

15 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Says something IMO.  She can get and give him an awful disease without telling him she had it, and there is no charge/offence?  Posting pictures of her is definitely out of order, but 5 years in jail?? 

That would depend on whether she slept with him while she knowingly had an STD at the time, or if the transmission was 'accidental' - i.e. she did not know at the time that she had contracted an STD before at the time she'd slept with her boyfriend.

If she knew, then she is clearly guilty of an offence, though I'm not sure what that would be in Thailand, it could be a public health order offence if knowingly passing on and STD - in other countries I know this is a real offence but usually dealt with on a case by case and severity basis.

His behaviour is something separate, its pure and simple revenge and illegal, and thus deserves any charge thrown at him. 

30 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Says something IMO.  She can get and give him an awful disease without telling him she had it, and there is no charge/offence?  Posting pictures of her is definitely out of order, but 5 years in jail?? 

Are you serious? inadvertently passing on an STD versus maliciously posting compromising pictures online to get revenge by ruining someone's reputation are hardly similar offenses.