Thai Airways soars with ‘plane’-tastic gourmet menus for all classes

snoop1130

t-16-Thai-Airways-elevates-in-flight-dining-with-global-menus-and-Thai-street-food-to-showcase-soft-power-3.png

Thai Airways (THAI) is taking in-flight dining to new heights, literally. The airline has rolled out premium menus across all cabin classes, offering a luxurious yet culturally immersive experience. With European routes booming at an 80% load factor, Thai Airways has decided to up the ante on its service offerings.

In First Class, passengers can indulge in Italian caviar sourced from Javeri Caviar, served in elegant 20-gramme tins, accompanied by premium Amarone wine. Economy passengers aren’t left out either—they can enjoy the unique Streets to Sky initiative, a mouth-watering collection of Thai street food served at 30,000 feet, said THAI CEO Chai Eamsiri.

“This is part of our Soft Power mission, showcasing Thailand’s rich culinary heritage.”

October’s menu highlights include Khao Soi chicken from Lamduan Fah Ham, a famous Chiang Mai restaurant, and butter toast with Thai milk tea from After You, a much-loved dessert chain. The menu is rotated every two months, keeping things fresh and exciting for repeat travellers.

For November, expect pandan bread with coconut cream, and in December, the delightful taro custard bread is set to make an appearance.

Business and first-class passengers will also enjoy exclusive amenities, with business class receiving redesigned kits from Jim Thompson, while first-class travellers are pampered with La Mer products. Economy class passengers won’t leave empty-handed either, as eco-friendly tote bags from Thai brand Naraya are now distributed on medium- and long-haul flights, reported Pattaya Mail.

By Puntid Tantivangphaisal

Photo courtesy of Pattaya Mail

Source: The Thaiger

-- 2024-10-08

news-footer-2.png

image.png

• Love It 1

14 minutes ago, proton said:

Worst food I have ever had on any airline, apart from Qatar who could not manage a special meal in Q business class. I would not eat caviar. Emirates serves up some decent nosh.

Hmm... nothing good to say at all eh....

Thai Airways food in Eco and Business class is 'meh'... or as per expectations. 

As far as Business on Qatar Airlines - food is excellent (I was at 35,000 ft eating in QR - Q-Class as recently as last week)

IMO - there is very little difference between EK and QR from a food or service perspective. 

Q-Suites are outstanding...

As car as Caviar on a flight - thats a little opulent. I was served that in First (free upgrade) a year or so ago on Qatar Airways...   the 'air-lounge' or bar or whatever you want to call it is a nice novelty and EK is better, but I don't even bother sitting in the bar part anymore anyway, its always full of drunks trying to start a conversation !!!...

I don't have high expectations of Airlines (even in business class) - as long as the food is decent, tastes nice etc...   then I'm happy - I don't expect the food to be Michelin star levels no matter how the airlines wax lyrical about the culinary wonders...  

Perhaps thats the difference between our replies, my expectations of airline food are not as high as yours. 

31 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Thai street food served at 30,000 feet, said THAI CEO Chai Eamsiri.

so it's left over chicken that didn't sell on the Sukhumvit carts. 

oh'   that'll be tasty for the passengers :vampire:

1 minute ago, bkk6060 said:

I flew Thai recently in Biz and thought the food and service was very good.

I flew Thai Airways in Business Class last year - I hardly remember it... So nothing negative, nothing really great either... IMO - that means the flight was just fine, and thats all I expect - no complaints from me.

I've also flown the same route in Eco - and the same goes for that... nothing negative, nothing great either - and thats all I expect.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

OK... so you think I'm a know it all...    it may be 'tier related' but I have not once paid for seat allocation on QR....   

... the only time I had to, was Eco before I'd built up tier membership...  but business class (even with no tier membership) never... 

So...  know it all and knobheadery aside...   could this 'paying for business class seat allocation' be route or region specific ??

i.e. Its not something I've ever had to pay for while flying a Bangkok - Doha route.

Are you guys flying flying other routes where you are charged ? maybe there is a pattern there ?

*(i.e. onward to BKK / HKT to Australian destinations ?? at a guess)

I suppose I could dig the charge up if you are really that interested, it was a new class of the ticket that did not allow entry to the business lounges, but they let me in anyway at Heathrow.

From the news article, it appears that Thai Airways launched their "premium menus" very recently.

Rather than dwelling on the past, when also in my experience their inflight food was nothing to write home about, let's hear about personal experiences from the start of this month. Myself, I shan't have an opportunity to sample it until the end of November, when I shall fly from Malpensa (MXP) in Italy to Bangkok, non-stop flight.

This topic is clearly about an initiative by Thai Airways to improve inflight food service and thus I felt constrained to remove all posts that were in no way related to this topic and the replies to them.

Anyone who wishes to start a discussion about the food service of any other airline should feel free to start a separate topic.

8 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Voici le concentré de positivité et de joie qu'est steven100.

Sérieusement, pourquoi t'embêtes-tu ? Tu reviens sur presque tous les fils de discussion avec les absurdités les plus déprimantes, négatives et injustifiées. Je ne comprends tout simplement pas ce qui te motive.

J'appelle ce genre d'individus des pisse-vinaigre.