Window Seat for Sleeping.

When flying overnight I always get a window seat, but on my recent flight on KLM there was a 6ins gap from the window to my seat which made it impossible to put my pillow near the window, I may just as well have been in the middle or aisle seat.

Are other airlines planes like this now, or is it just KLM.

This is a warning to anyone flying with KLM who may want a window seat for an overnight sleep.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

When flying overnight I always get a window seat, but on my recent flight on KLM there was a 6ins gap from the window to my seat which made it impossible to put my pillow near the window, I may just as well have been in the middle or aisle seat.

Are other airlines planes like this now, or is it just KLM.

This is a warning to anyone flying with KLM who may want a window seat for an overnight sleep.

Just ask for an extra pillow, jam your backpack in there, or roll up your jacket. That's what I did. But you are right, it is a pain.

• Thumbs Up 1

When I flew frequently as an air courier I kept a pillowcase in my carry-on.  When encountering this situation, I'd stuff it with some of the clothes and jacket in my carry-on and stuff it into the gap.  Even better if I could score an unused blanket as a gap stuffer.

1 hour ago, dddave said:

When I flew frequently as an air courier I kept a pillowcase in my carry-on.  When encountering this situation, I'd stuff it with some of the clothes and jacket in my carry-on and stuff it into the gap.  Even better if I could score an unused blanket as a gap stuffer.

I never pic an window seat I can't sleep on planes 

Edited by still kicking