Blocked sceptic tank.

rocky123

Having problem flushing my Toilet. Even after emptying my sceptic tank, a week latter the problem is still there.  Maybe a blockage somewhere. Anyone know someone that can fix please. I live on the darkside. Many thanks

22 minutes ago, rocky123 said:

Having problem flushing my Toilet. Even after emptying my sceptic tank, a week latter the problem is still there.  Maybe a blockage somewhere. Anyone know someone that can fix please. I live on the darkside. Many thanks

Plunger?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Isn't "septic tank" the slur?   

Yes I think so  wasn't that your intention ?   or is there some why that an inanimate object could accept or refuse "accepted opinions" ?

• Sad 3

well, yes, should be easy to check the flow from house to septic tank, then the problem is locating the leak. have a house in the countryside in the uk, was so happy to get rid of the septic tank when mains sewerage came the the village 10 years ago.

2 hours ago, PattayaParent said:

There's liquids and powders that you can throw down the toilet bolw to unblock the pipework, can't remember the names but they're available in Tesco and Big-C.

If that doesn't solve it you'll have to rod the pipe.

image.jpeg.751e7cff26104e25a5f2223929c7161d.jpeg

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, rocky123 said:

Having problem flushing my Toilet

Maybe someone flushed a female sanitary napkin or similar. 

Go to Watsadu or similar buy a plumbing snake or something similar, plenty of options. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

5 hours ago, rocky123 said:

Call a plumber. 

4 hours ago, PattayaParent said:

There's liquids and powders that you can throw down the toilet bolw to unblock the pipework, can't remember the names but they're available in Tesco and Big-C.

If that doesn't solve it you'll have to rod the pipe.

I'll go to Big C, it's a long way to the nearest Tesco. 555

Yeh, I still call it Tesco, and laugh at the name Mini Big Cs. 

Edited by KannikaP

8 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Plunger?

I have a similar problem here in rural Kamphaeng Phet.

I have used the plunger and that sometimes works.

I have also used a plumbers mate which is a long flexible rod which you feed into the toilet, then crank it around and move it on a bit and repeat.

That does not work for me.

Do you live in a 1 storey house or a 2 + storey house?

My toilet which bungs up is on the ground floor. The upstairs toilet works OK and flushes properly but the ground floor toilet gets bunged up now and again.

One short term fix is to pour a kettle of boiling water into the toilet and do the same with another kettle full of boiling water, then use the plunger.

That usually clears my problem for a while.

Hopefully I have managed to attach 3 drawings which may help you understand how toilets work and the pipes attached to them.ToiletUbend.png.efa67af506ab1a53dd97ec73a29bc41c.pngWhatsAppImage2024-04-09at17_46.56_e5ea9d07.jpg.f5c957bf05a5232bc89ef3a3a803adce.jpgPlumbingDrains.jpeg.ac181c4cafad8b9008a6a0f52009644a.jpeg