Pattaya Beach Becomes Littered with Debris, Threatening Its World-Class Image

webfact

Nothing will ever threaten the world class image of Pattaya, many have tried: City admin, Police, Tourists, Vendors, Beggars, Gangs, Non-existing Prostitutes, Russian Mob, Thai Mob, Indian Mob, Arab Mob, Ladyboys...

What's a mere beach gonna do in comparison?

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Tourists at Pattaya Beach are worried about trash scattered along the entire stretch of the beach, raising questions about its source

The trash on the beach comes from many sources, as does the other trash on the streets.

As for threatening it's world class image, that's another form of trash.

5 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

I don’t think those who say that are serious mate.

It is just a bit of a wind up joke. Seems like it has gone over your head a bit?

That said, parts of Pattaya Beach are stunningly beautiful. My favorite spot would be upstairs at Baccara, nice comfy chairs, air conditioned, draft beer and a lot of topless and nude sun bathing, petite women.
I can’t think of a beach better than that that I have been to.

Have you been there?

I didn't have you down as a sex-tourist. 

1 hour ago, Sydebolle said:

Pattaya and "world-class image" in the same sentence - just made my day, thank you 😉 

I suspect their comprehension of  the word "Renowned" vs "Class"....

... they [authors] surely meant "World Renowned Image"....    though as others have pointed out - it could have been 'tongue in cheek'....  but usually, the articles are more feet in mouth than tongue in cheek... 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Sydebolle said:

Pattaya and "world-class image" in the same sentence - just made my day, thank you 😉 

The hack web content writers of the headline knew you and most here would fall for that click bait and then thread would get lots of page views and responses. You might call it clever marketing, except it's just marketing for predictable simpletons. Works every time.

Edited by BigStar

3 hours ago, Purdey said:

Noticed that a Phuket beach is #23. However, their emphasis is on isolated beaches untouched by general tourists. At least it has given me a few ideas for a holiday abroad!

Yes, it was one beach in Thailand on the list, but none from the first class and family friendly Pattaya. 

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, wozzlegummich said:

Which class does this World Image belong in?

Does anyone really believe this crap?

"Crap" has hit the nail firmly on the head! In the sea off Pattaya, no-one really swims, they just go through the motions.

• Haha 1

Am curious why they are complaining about it now. Was there not an article a few weeks ago claiming locals would clean the beach in the mornings? Why do esn't the city have people working on the beaches to make it appear as clean. For a pristine beach loaded with tourists one would think the city was prepared daily to open the beaches looking pristine. Everyone knows trash is dumped into the sea there. Everyone knows that when it rains all the cities trash washes into the sea and eventually makes it back to the beaches. God knows I would never go swimming there. The water is filthy and oily sand once you step into the water.. All of those overnight parked boats only add to the problem. Some of the replies here are really foreigner bashing. Pattaya lives on tourists. Like it or not. Hotels and boats and Thais use the sea as a trash bin and toilet. What do you expect? 

If Pattaya was a world class resort, then Beach cleaning would be done daily at least as standard. Same for Jontien and the beaches further south.

Obviously it isn't otherwise the council would be making a big deal of their prestigious Beach Cleaners. 

Edited by RayWright