Rain

gotlost

Last 2 days at the Orchid pool...blistering heat, then sudden big drops, then total downpour/sheets of water in the mid or late afternoon. Refuge in the gazebo for the first time in ages.

Sure feels like rainy season.

Not that I'm complaining. Air is the cleanest in months, and can see the mountains around Mae Taeng from my apt.

Sunday morning north of Superhighway (1001) well toward Maejo:

Has rained steadily for hours this morning. Coolest morn in months. It's what we once called it "a farmer's rain" - steady and long. Air is a delight.

OK, Winnie- you proclaimed smoke season over, hot season on a few weeks ago.

Could you please now proclaim hot season over, rainy season on so we can get over this stupid brain melting heat?

tongue.png

I am now ready to make the call. Hot season is OVER! YEAH!

• Like 1

WTK; So what you are saying from now on; and according to my own rain predictor

when you can see Doi Suthep mountain------Its going to rain

and when you can't see it----------Its already raining

• Like 1

Been bucketing down here since about 7 pm last night...and so cool....Thought about puting on the heating but of course we dont have any.

Funny back in London we have a hose pipe ban and heres me thinking about a swim..but dont want to get wet.

Quiet Sunday morning so time to get the coffee,toast and marmalade on...lazy days..

OK, Winnie- you proclaimed smoke season over, hot season on a few weeks ago.

Could you please now proclaim hot season over, rainy season on so we can get over this stupid brain melting heat?

tongue.png

I am now ready to make the call. Hot season is OVER! YEAH!

Thank you, Winnie. I won't miss the heat! But I have to admit that you're proclaiming on fairly small evidence of a seasonal pattern. Good thing that you're always right, usually, mostly, often.

Im loving the rain, but (yes, sorry, there is a but) i lament the extremes of these two seasons. If its hot is REALLY HOT, rarely a break, just blisteringly hot. and when it does come to the end of that heat wave it doesnt just rain, IT RAINS!!

BUT, better than UK's all-seasons-in-one-day for sure.

• Like 1

Im loving the rain, but (yes, sorry, there is a but) i lament the extremes of these two seasons. If its hot is REALLY HOT, rarely a break, just blisteringly hot. and when it does come to the end of that heat wave it doesnt just rain, IT RAINS!!

BUT, better than UK's all-seasons-in-one-day for sure.

And the same seasons every day... wink.png

/ Priceless

• Like 1

when you can see Doi Suthep mountain------Its going to rain

and when you can't see it----------Its already raining

and for anyone thats never seen doi suthep here it it on a good day : )

and when the 11 am plane took off to ? ? this morning : (

dave2

post-42592-0-13706200-1336281318_thumb.j

post-42592-0-47498400-1336281348_thumb.j

Rain keeps coming down and the electricity has been off in the Mae Taeng region for about 4 hours as well. Since it is too wet to venture out, the better half cooked some yummy spaghetti. Sure tasted good on a rainy day!

Looks like it is just a low pressure system giving us the rain and not a seasonal change.

I think that for significant rain to reach us, there needs to have been a seasonal change first (or at the same time I suppose). i.e. the winds shifting, with the South-Western monsoon moving in and determining the weather which usually brings reliable rain.)

First week of May is a little early, but very welcome.

And this is what the rain brought out tonight.

post-566-0-44651000-1336309728_thumb.jpg

We actually had a day time hatch of small ones that drove the birds nuts. Now we have the same big guys you have. How they get into the house is beyond me!

We actually had a day time hatch of small ones that drove the birds nuts. Now we have the same big guys you have. How they get into the house is beyond me!

They get in through the tiniest opening. Turn all the lights off inside is the best way to keep them out.

Pouring down at CMU for the last 10 minutes. Good they got the roof fixed where the tree fell through it in time. biggrin.png

Lucky you, dry as a chip in Banwangtan, Hang Dong, nothing abnormal about that ,we live in hope.

I'm just behind BWD in Hang Dong and its been raining all day - took the girls to their friend's house earlier (at 1pm) and had to drive because it was so hard (only a 5 minute walk) - and got a flat batter after I left the bloody lights on! Must be a large umbrella over BWD.

Place was looked like Alfred Hitchcock's Birds (only slightly smaller scale wing-span wise) - swarms of the around the house and slipping in between the tiny gaps between the door and the frame (God knows how). Had my eldest daughter, 11, screaming and hiding in her room - until some got in -there too - now they are both alseep in my bed (as my room seems more sealed) and I'll kip in my office chair. At least the Jingjooks and ants will be happy tonight.