Honda Pcx

johninbkk

I would love to see a photo with the black color and the new seat too. I have been waiting for Honda to change the color from brown to black. Totally amazing that Honda only offer the black color for export and the brown color in Thailand.

Does anyone know if there will be any changes for the 2011 model of Honda PCX?

Al, I started this thread asking when Honda will release red and black, well last week I deposited on the original brown, wait until you see this suckerrrrrr it's the sexiest bike in town. I'll send pic's when we finaly receive it. Coluld take 2-3-4 weeks. Instead of the std brown PVC trim, it's wood grain with a whole heap of other finishing touches. Hmm! The sales girl in Bkk bike shop has got my interest..... what's her number? hey how about a snap shot of her sitting on youir bike.

I would love to see a photo with the black color and the new seat too. I have been waiting for Honda to change the color from brown to black. Totally amazing that Honda only offer the black color for export and the brown color in Thailand.

Does anyone know if there will be any changes for the 2011 model of Honda PCX?

Al, I started this thread asking when Honda will release red and black, well last week I deposited on the original brown, wait until you see this suckerrrrrr it's the sexiest bike in town. I'll send pic's when we finaly receive it. Coluld take 2-3-4 weeks. Instead of the std brown PVC trim, it's wood grain with a whole heap of other finishing touches. Hmm! The sales girl in Bkk bike shop has got my interest..... what's her number? hey how about a snap shot of her sitting on youir bike.

Can´t wait to see your pics! My bike is the candy red with black flaring, so at least for now, it´s special among the other PCX´s. I didn´t buy any extras, but might get inspiration when I see your pics:-)

Edited by Xonax

Hey guys...

went to the Honda dealer on Prakhanong next to Jusco on Saturday and they had two PCXs, one black and one silver one. The black one they said was 2nd hand (they used it as a 'show' bike and it had only 328km on it) - cost: THB 65,000, which is a 10% discount from the original selling price of THB 72,000 :)

So, I didn't wait long.. paid the bike in cash and drove home with it :D - Love it!!!!

Cheers for the tip where to look around Ekamai area.

• 7 months later...

I've had my red PCX for about three months now, and have to say I am generally very happy with it..... ( they are becoming quite popular on Samui & KP... several shops renting them out, range 250 to 500 baht a day, depending on where you rent it! ) ....

I just drove to what I call my "Melacca and back to Samui" trip, though Malaysia, covering some 3000 klicks... in three weeks... down the west coast and back up the east coast. ..... No issues or problems at all.... ( except a bit of "numb bum" after a long day of riding.... !):D Driving over the Penang bridge was a bit of a "white knuckle" trip, because of wind, but the motor bike lanes quite good and wide... and all bye pass the never ending toll stops along the north to south highways and around KL...

I did most of my traveling at about 80 KMH, sometimes up to 100, with out problems, the slower speed to conserve gas usage... even though gas is about half the price in Malaysia! (subsidized) ... twice I reached the flashing low point on the gas gauge and managed always to make it to the next gas station! :)

Although the hump in the seat is soon to go, and trying to find a rear storage container ( I emailed Sumit one of the sponsors here, several days ago.... and a bit miffed they have not responded). I actually tried to find one in Malaysia, where various sizes (larger) are available, but no one interested in making the metal connection to place it on the bike... too bad, they are about 1/4 to 1/3 rd the price in KL! ( my local Honda dealer had suggested i buy in Malaysia, as he said cheaper... there....)... perhaps when PCX's reach Malaysia, but most places more cars / trucks, than motorbikes...

I did not see another PCX south of Samui! It turned a few heads along the way.... It did go through my mind, that a blown out tire or something could be an issue, fortunately never had to face that!

The one thing I've learned is not to use the "idle switch".... it takes a bit of getting used too, the engine stopping and then being able to just turn the throttle an off you go...

All in all though very happy with it... :)

I've had my red PCX for about three months now, and have to say I am generally very happy with it..... ( they are becoming quite popular on Samui & KP... several shops renting them out, range 250 to 500 baht a day, depending on where you rent it! ) ....

I just drove to what I call my "Melacca and back to Samui" trip, though Malaysia, covering some 3000 klicks... in three weeks... down the west coast and back up the east coast. ..... No issues or problems at all.... ( except a bit of "numb bum" after a long day of riding.... !):D Driving over the Penang bridge was a bit of a "white knuckle" trip, because of wind, but the motor bike lanes quite good and wide... and all bye pass the never ending toll stops along the north to south highways and around KL...

I did most of my traveling at about 80 KMH, sometimes up to 100, with out problems, the slower speed to conserve gas usage... even though gas is about half the price in Malaysia! (subsidized) ... twice I reached the flashing low point on the gas gauge and managed always to make it to the next gas station! :)

Although the hump in the seat is soon to go, and trying to find a rear storage container ( I emailed Sumit one of the sponsors here, several days ago.... and a bit miffed they have not responded). I actually tried to find one in Malaysia, where various sizes (larger) are available, but no one interested in making the metal connection to place it on the bike... too bad, they are about 1/4 to 1/3 rd the price in KL! ( my local Honda dealer had suggested i buy in Malaysia, as he said cheaper... there....)... perhaps when PCX's reach Malaysia, but most places more cars / trucks, than motorbikes...

I did not see another PCX south of Samui! It turned a few heads along the way.... It did go through my mind, that a blown out tire or something could be an issue, fortunately never had to face that!

The one thing I've learned is not to use the "idle switch".... it takes a bit of getting used too, the engine stopping and then being able to just turn the throttle an off you go...

All in all though very happy with it... :)

I just sent you a message with details about Shad boxes for the PCX. Thanks.

Brian

Brian

Thanks Brian, ! Still thinking on that now have prices and choices!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did get the seat hump removed yesterday, it's only held on with two nuts, but leaves holes in the seat vinyl .... so, for 250 baht for materials and labour my local foam shop did a great job of remoulding with heavy foam where needed and putting new vinyl cover... :)

I thought of doing "Miss Kitty" pattern but then thought that might be a little tacky... so went for blue, just to be distinctive~! ....I think it needs some white "go faster stripes" now! B)

post-85461-0-99087800-1312943083_thumb.j

Brian

Thanks Brian, ! Still thinking on that now have prices and choices!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did get the seat hump removed yesterday, it's only held on with two nuts, but leaves holes in the seat vinyl .... so, for 250 baht for materials and labour my local foam shop did a great job of remoulding with heavy foam where needed and putting new vinyl cover... :)

I thought of doing "Miss Kitty" pattern but then thought that might be a little tacky... so went for blue, just to be distinctive~! ....I think it needs some white "go faster stripes" now! B)

Well, my Shad SH 45 box arrived yesterday... (Shipped Saturday) Great Service from Brian at Sumit... :)

My local Castrol Shop installed within half and hour, then the local foam shop made the back rest, to match my blue seat cover..

Looks really good on the bike! ;)

The "beer can holder" will be useful for holding Tesco bags! I had never seen those before. .. but the local Castrol Shop had...

Miss Kitty approves too!

post-85461-0-80139700-1313511362_thumb.j

post-85461-0-03681600-1313511366_thumb.j

post-85461-0-16197000-1313511395_thumb.j

• 4 weeks later...

I have now decided to buy a PCX in Nov- Dec month this year. I have rented PCX twice in Phuket before and done maybe 300 km on it, (same bike) and I must say I like the comfortable ride & riding position and the good fuel economy, okay power could be better but I can live with it.

I have 2 questions:

Will there be new colors for 2012? They always seems to change the colors on Thai bike each year, if yes when will they come out and what colors will it be?

Should I wait and buy in Jan 2012 in order to get a "1 year younger bike"? Well I expect to keep the bike for min 3-5 years before selling it so I am not sure it will make a big difference. We are not talking Harley or Ducati here :D

I was quoted today 75-76k bath + 2k bath for 2 years 70% theft insurance.

Same shop have no less than 4 pcs used PCX for sale, old colors at about 63-64 k bath each, 3 of them less than 1000 km on the clock. This shop mainly sells to Thais, so I assume that they couldn't pay the monthly payments and gave the bikes back to the shop. I will not buy 2 hand just to save app. 11k bath, its not worth the risk to me, but if anybody is interested I can provide the location of the shop.

I have now decided to buy a PCX in Nov- Dec month this year. I have rented PCX twice in Phuket before and done maybe 300 km on it, (same bike) and I must say I like the comfortable ride & riding position and the good fuel economy, okay power could be better but I can live with it.

I have 2 questions:

Will there be new colors for 2012? They always seems to change the colors on Thai bike each year, if yes when will they come out and what colors will it be?

Should I wait and buy in Jan 2012 in order to get a "1 year younger bike"? Well I expect to keep the bike for min 3-5 years before selling it so I am not sure it will make a big difference. We are not talking Harley or Ducati here :D

I was quoted today 75-76k bath + 2k bath for 2 years 70% theft insurance.

Same shop have no less than 4 pcs used PCX for sale, old colors at about 63-64 k bath each, 3 of them less than 1000 km on the clock. This shop mainly sells to Thais, so I assume that they couldn't pay the monthly payments and gave the bikes back to the shop. I will not buy 2 hand just to save app. 11k bath, its not worth the risk to me, but if anybody is interested I can provide the location of the shop.

I paid 73k baht in Phuket few weeks ago, including tax/book/plate. Red with black and white pearl with black

added 100 baht to install my Over full system exhaust on one of them

[

I paid 73k baht in Phuket few weeks ago, including tax/book/plate. Red with black and white pearl with black

I checked 2 more shops here in Patts today, 75k bath in both excl everything :(

They also don't know if new colors comes or not for 2012 models.

Kata, maybe you got the advantage of buying 2 new bikes in one go thus having more negotiating leeway.

[

I checked 2 more shops here in Patts today, 75k bath in both excl everything :(

They also don't know if new colors comes or not for 2012 models.

Kata, maybe you got the advantage of buying 2 new bikes in one go thus having more negotiating leeway.

Nope, all Phuket shops ask 73k incl reg, one or five bikes, but I ended up in a shop having both colors in stock, as white with black hard to source

just curious but ..........whats the risk of buying a 2nd hand PCX from a honda dealer ? does it not have the same warranty and service as a new one has ?

just curious but ..........whats the risk of buying a 2nd hand PCX from a honda dealer ? does it not have the same warranty and service as a new one has ?

as with any vehicle, has it been drowned or not?

easy to make it run, but electronics/electric and ignition will never be same again

As long as the origianal warranty has not run out it would still be valid. 5 years or 50,000km for engine and 3 years or 30,000km for frame and body.

I don't think its a Honda dealer, I didn't ask about warranty. All 4 bikes had small scratches all over, like the owners didn't care too much, so properly going full throttle as well. 63-64k bath noo thanks, I rather pay for a new and run it in myself.