ManU In Decline?

Bredbury Blue

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's piling on, I know, but United would have been more competitive this season if they had hired an inspirational manager with a track record of winning something in the EPL and Europe, or my aunty Maureen.wink.png.pagespeed.ce.HJgPQ3U3SA.png

Yep. Not Mourhino, my aunty Maureen.

• 2 weeks later...

I think we can officially agree this is a United decline. Your bladdy rubbish ladstongue.png

'You're', you illiterate bitter <deleted>.

Oooh, bitter, no, that seems to be me..:-/

As you were....:)

redrus

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Good to see you’ve kept this subject open for so long during which so much has changed in the Manchester football scene (wouldn't you agree Mrbojangles...good to see you're still giving it to them, well done).

When I started this thread in 2005, I wanted to see did others think as I did that ManU were on the slippery slopes which would come to a head with the impending resignation of Fergie (i.e. knowing what happened after Busby retired and the +26 years between being English champions – seasons 66-67 to 92-93). Well old red nose didn’t retire and fair play to HIM, he kept it going at ManU.

So now Fergie has retired and gone...are we witnessing a decline or will all be right come the summer?

Edited by Bredbury Blue

Bredbury Blue knows what happened after Busby retired.

History looks to be repeating itself:

"Matt Busby called me into his office and said: 'Wilf, I'm retiring and you are to be the next manager of Manchester United'. It was 'wow'. I was just delighted about it."

He recalls the moment he was called into Busby's office "around Christmas time" in 1970.

"He said: 'I'm very sorry, Wilf. You can have your old job back, but I am taking over Manchester United until we get a new manager'.

Bredbury Blue knows what happened after Busby retired.

History looks to be repeating itself:

"Matt Busby called me into his office and said: 'Wilf, I'm retiring and you are to be the next manager of Manchester United'. It was 'wow'. I was just delighted about it."

He recalls the moment he was called into Busby's office "around Christmas time" in 1970.

"He said: 'I'm very sorry, Wilf. You can have your old job back, but I am taking over Manchester United until we get a new manager'.

Dunno about that lad....I doubt that Everton will take him back!wink.png

Good to see you’ve kept this subject open for so long during which so much has changed in the Manchester football scene (wouldn't you agree Mrbojangles...good to see you're still giving it to them, well done).

When I started this thread in 2005, I wanted to see did others think as I did that ManU were on the slippery slopes which would come to a head with the impending resignation of Fergie (i.e. knowing what happened after Busby retired and the +26 years between being English champions – seasons 66-67 to 92-93). Well old red nose didn’t retire and fair play to HIM, he kept it going at ManU.

So now Fergie has retired and gone...are we witnessing a decline or will all be right come the summer?

Aaaah. Nice to see you again Bred.

Well, it took circa 8 years (due to Fergie extending his retirement plans) but as predicted, the decline has most certainly arrived. All we have to hope now is that they keep Moyes tongue.png

Good to see you back BB, missed your input fella. Got boring with all the repetitiveness and missing faces.

We were in recline, I fear after Moyes comments last night, we are in decline. I could take the defeats soooo much better, if he would just bloody fight a bit, it's embarrassing and last night, I fear again, was the straw for the dromedaries back.

redrus

@ redrus

recline, decline?

Whatever you want to call it, it was obvious from day 1 of Moyes appointment.

It was never going to work.

For the reasons that people like carmine have been articulating for months.

Ferguson got it wrong. Badly wrong.

He needs to stand up and be honourable about it.

Cos it won't go away.

beatdeadhorse.gif.pagespeed.ce.adWp7jUAu

Man U are fkcd, that's what's new.

A statement of fact: neither wishful thinking or jealousy about the past.coffee1.gif

AYE RIGHT....But we do have a GREAT History don't you agree ???? post-4641-1156694083.gif

BT biggrin.png

Totally agree. And that is what seems to be holding you back.

Let's just wait and see shall we. We will give him time for sure.

bt

How long?

Good to see you back BB, missed your input fella. Got boring with all the repetitiveness and missing faces.

We were in recline, I fear after Moyes comments last night, we are in decline. I could take the defeats soooo much better, if he would just bloody fight a bit, it's embarrassing and last night, I fear again, was the straw for the dromedaries back.

redrus

In my opinion...with a couple of exceptions...that the players are simply not good enough.

I was astonished that at least three quality players didn't arrive last summer and now your team will be playing a huge catch up.

Good luck with that as I don't see the Glazers spending £200m....or even half that amount.

Looks like only Rodgers has the mettle to take on the huge cash cows of the Premiership.

Not much solace in that I suppose rus but its the truth....without the genius of SAF you are just another team chasing at best third.

Decline Recline...seems to be some acceptance of decline now by our Red colleagues (as represented by redrus clap2.gif )...

So the next questions to the Reds...will Moyes be sacked, and if yes, when?

From a Utd website poll on whether Moyes should stay or go – looks like he’ll be going soon.

http://www.stretford-end.com/2014/03/manchester-united-0-3-manchester-city-tactical-breakdown/?utm_source=newsnow&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=senn

Do you think David Moyes should be sacked?

Yes 61.16% (825 votes)

No 28.17% (380 votes)

Undecided 10.67% (144 votes)

Total Votes: 1,349

I would still be behind Moyes 100%, even if we'd lost the same amount of games, and points, if the tactics were better, if there was some life, some spark about him, about the team.

Wins against Olympiakos and West Ham do not fill the gap created by a complete lack of passion.

If the Liverpool and City games had been 0-1's, 2-3 battles to the end, we could cope, improvement would be great, we've shown stanch support for a man that, it seems, is not willing to use the brain he has and, I think that the time is now right to make the change, I mean, it can't get any worse........, can it.:-/ :)

I'm still positive about United as a whole, I certainly don't believe that we'll wait 20+ years for another trophy, we just need the right man, Hiddink, Klopp, Guardiola would be nice.... We'll see, but Moyes time is surly up, and for once, Fergie must eat humble pie..!!

redrus

I would still be behind Moyes 100%, even if we'd lost the same amount of games, and points, if the tactics were better, if there was some life, some spark about him, about the team.

Wins against Olympiakos and West Ham do not fill the gap created by a complete lack of passion.

If the Liverpool and City games had been 0-1's, 2-3 battles to the end, we could cope, improvement would be great, we've shown stanch support for a man that, it seems, is not willing to use the brain he has and, I think that the time is now right to make the change, I mean, it can't get any worse........, can it.:-/ smile.png

I'm still positive about United as a whole, I certainly don't believe that we'll wait 20+ years for another trophy, we just need the right man, Hiddink, Klopp, Guardiola would be nice.... We'll see, but Moyes time is surly up, and for once, Fergie must eat humble pie..!!

redrus

No chance-Moyes will stick it out and turn it round,no problem thumbsup.gif

If the Liverpool and City games had been 0-1's, 2-3 battles to the end, we could cope, improvement would be great, we've shown stanch support for a man that, it seems, is not willing to use the brain he has and, I think that the time is now right to make the change, I mean, it can't get any worse........, can it.:-/ smile.png

redrus

Tactics and passion were never his strong suits rr.

Rocket science?

Might as well leave it til Bayern send in the zeppelin.

facepalm.gif

^

P45, passion should be a given, he was at times passionate and often emotive at Everton, and seriously, if you can't get excited and passionate about managing Manchester United, then you are, in the wrong job, maybe even the wrong career.

Tactics is totally different, Ferigie was no tactician, not one bit, thats why you have staff, and Fergie had lots of them, from Kiddo, to Queroz and McClaren and Phelan.... They were his 'behind every great man, there's a great coach' type, its no coincidence that when he didn't have one, we struggled.

The difference I fear, is man management, and Moyes seems to have lost all his. Fergie just got better and stronger at it. Sad, but Moyes is breaking, he is far too nice for this job, it seems.

redrus

^

P45, passion should be a given, he was at times passionate and often emotive at Everton, and seriously, if you can't get excited and passionate about managing Manchester United, then you are, in the wrong job, maybe even the wrong career.

Tactics is totally different, Ferigie was no tactician, not one bit, thats why you have staff, and Fergie had lots of them, from Kiddo, to Queroz and McClaren and Phelan.... They were his 'behind every great man, there's a great coach' type, its no coincidence that when he didn't have one, we struggled.

The difference I fear, is man management, and Moyes seems to have lost all his. Fergie just got better and stronger at it. Sad, but Moyes is breaking, he is far too nice for this job, it seems.

redrus

Understood redrus.

Mourinho does it all. Tremendous pressure at this level.

wai2.gif