Is It A Thai Thing?

corkscrew

Several times I have been either stopped at a traffic light or have been within nodding distance of a car that is the exact same model, year and colour of my own machine. The Thai driver never even looks over. But Thai drivers of other brands do look.

This is true even if I have a naked lady in the passenger seat and I have the top down. (Well, not really)

Because it is TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE for someone to have as good taste as they have, you DO NOT EXIST in their eyes. They are THE ONLy person on the road with a car as good as theirs.

My car is an Isuzu Adventure 4x4. Whilst driving from CM to BK I could see one exactly the same model AND COLOUR, Red and Gold,( not common) as mine. I pulled alongside and gave him a freindly toot and a big smile. NOTHING, NO RESPONSE. He had obviously seen me coming up in his wing mirror, as anyone that toots you responds dont they?????

TIT, certainly no "Isuzu Motor Clubs" in LOS !!!

Oh yes TP, that is very true.

I used to have an Isuzu Adventure.

I was in the Toyota showroom and in comes a thai man with exactly the same Isuzu model as mine. Naturally I started chatting as I wanted to know how much he was selling for.

My car was low mileage, immaculate and you could eat your dinner of the engine. He said that his car was worth a lot more than mine because his was a much better car . When I pressed him for the logic behind that statement he said that his had a roofrack.

Because it is TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE for someone to have as good taste as they have, you DO NOT EXIST in their eyes. They are THE ONLy person on the road with a car as good as theirs.

My car is an Isuzu Adventure 4x4. Whilst driving from CM to BK I could see one exactly the same model AND COLOUR, Red and Gold,( not common) as mine. I pulled alongside and gave him a freindly toot and a big smile.  NOTHING, NO RESPONSE. He had obviously seen me coming up in his wing mirror, as anyone that toots you responds dont they?????

TIT, certainly no "Isuzu Motor Clubs" in LOS  !!!

TP, maybe just a different reality? Not on the same page as you?

Maybe he saw your 'toot' as a blast on your horn, and while trying to figure out what's going on (Did I hit somebody? Is this guy a nut? What does he want...)

In 20 years of driving here, I've never had anyone do what you did, and I doubt I'd be so quick on the uptake either :o

I pulled alongside and gave him a freindly toot and a big smile.  NOTHING, NO RESPONSE. He had obviously seen me coming up in his wing mirror, as anyone that toots you responds dont they?????

I wouldn't respond either if some guy drove up beside me, honked his horn and gave me a BIG smile. :o

I've always driven very common cars and bump into the same car in the same colour with the same trim very regularly. I can never remember exchanging any nods, or waves or honks of the horn with anyone because we shared a similar car.

Its not like you are driving a classic car or something. Its an Isuzu --the biggest selling truck in Thailand. They are everywhere. Now, if you were driving a little Aston Martin or something I could see a sort of camaraderie forming but an Isuzu?

Several times I have been either stopped at a traffic light or have been within nodding distance of a car that is the exact same model, year and colour of my own machine. The Thai driver never even looks over. But Thai drivers of other brands do look.

This is true even if I have a naked lady in the passenger seat and I have the top down. (Well, not really)

you have a nice car but seriously you would have to be a fool to honk and smile at the other driver just because you have the same car. Thais are not idiots, so they will just ignore that other car.

you have a nice car but seriously you would have to be a fool to honk and smile at the other driver just because you have the same car. Thais are not idiots, so they will just ignore that other car.

The way yu guy speaks, are most of yu westerners? I dont kno, when i drive i acknowledge the road and cars as i drive , to many people acknowledging others people cars because they are similar or like yurs is wut cause bad drivers and accident's not paying attention. :o To most people its just a car, dont take offence if we (thai) do not nod, toot or horns or throw a parade for yu cause we drive the same car. Just like my statement, having a same car can be overrated in sum people eyes.

post-24984-1134500170_thumb.jpg

well ..if u wanna know indeed .. give me some thousands bucks(USD) + cop fine...

if you dare ..so do i .. :o:D:D

well ..if u wanna know indeed .. give me some thousands bucks(USD) + cop fine...

OK, Bambi, you are on for a thousand! But, how much is the cop fine?

Depends, if yu are thai guy or gurl, or a westerner. LOL Its like a check one please sort of deal. LOl westerners get really nice fines my brother says, he works with enforcment's and fines.

So "Thai guy in Chiang Mai", how is Louisiana tonite? :o

Troll :D

Depends, if yu are thai guy or gurl, or a westerner. LOL Its like a check one please sort of deal. LOl westerners get really nice fines my brother says, he works with enforcment's and fines.

So "Thai guy in Chiang Mai", how is Louisiana tonite? :o

Troll :D

Weathers wunderful anywhere i am , especially if yu misread , or read 2 much into things yu think yu kno. If in Chiang Mai i can maybe show yu around. Things arent always as yu think or seem. ask Pra jun

My car is an Isuzu Adventure 4x4. Whilst driving from CM to BK I could see one exactly the same model AND COLOUR, Red and Gold,( not common) as mine. I pulled alongside and gave him a freindly toot and a big smile.   NOTHING, NO RESPONSE. He had obviously seen me coming up in his wing mirror, as anyone that toots you responds dont they?????

TIT, certainly no "Isuzu Motor Clubs" in LOS  !!!

reducedlandrover.gif

Sorry, but you simply got the wrong make.... :D

We always get a very different response with like owners we encounter on the road... whether they are members or not.

:o

with apologies, please delete previous post and replaced with this hopefully less bannerish one (sorry didn't make the time-limit to edit it directly).

I think I'll drive down to the Hua Hin antique auto show which starts tomorrow.

I used to drive custom VW bugs and a beach buggy.. One thing I really liked about owning those was almost every other bug or combie owner would acknowledge you with a wave, toot, or the little finger and thumb VW hand sign..

I once rove a VW combi from the Midlands to the south west of England...after driving a few miles I noticed people were flashing there headlamps at me; I wanted to stop and check thee vehicle over but my friend told me that this was merely other VW drivers acknowledging me....all the way down to Cornwall I had to endure the waves and headlamps of the simpering idiots in their bloody VWs, it drove me round the bend. I'm driving a camper because I'm going on holiday, I don't like Volkswagens and I don't want to meet their owners, it's very unlikely I have anything in common with them and I certainly don't want to wave at people I don't know, because despite my previous posting, I'm not a nutter!