New Pcx 150

tekinsel

Stealer on 3rd Road/Pattaya Thai has a red 125 second hand wants 72500, why would you when you can have a new one for 77500, not a big difference but 2 years down the line when you want to sell you will see a bigger difference in price.

125's were selling for high prices over the last 3 months as no new PCX's where available, now supply is available used prices should drop.

72.500baht for a 2-years old PCX125.. Mama mia, that also means that you have to add some bahts for a new insurance etc too, right?. I paid 72.500 for my brand new PCX150... Crazy

No you didn't...you paid 77,500bht ride away according your previous post:-

"Ordered one from Si Racha for 72 500 + 5000 for the papers... Delivery tomorrow friday"...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PCX 170, anyone?

The guy in Soi bakaow (Pattaya) says he can do it for 35k baht. think i will stick with the 150. he showed me a 125 he was taking upto 150 also 35k. Seems pointless may as well chop it in and buy new 150.

Ape Honda have put up details on their site

http://www.aphonda.c...pcx150/spec.asp

is it the same physical size as the old one or has it gotten more bulkier ?

the specs for the 125 are here

http://www.aphonda.c...010/technic.asp

The 150 is basically the same outside dimensions, and only 4 kg heavier. The 150 is actually 152.9cc.

Thanks for that info.

Ordered the PCX 150 yesterday here in Suphanburi province, collecting it today (have to respect the wife's recomended Buddhist days for taking delivery of a new bike) otherwise I would have taken the bike yesterday,,, paid a bit over what some of the other posters paid,, 84,000 incl. 2 year theft ins, tax, plates, full face helmet and backpack,,

quite a wait for the plates, they told us we would get them in August, something about the factory that produces them having problems although I suspect maybe something lost in translation there??

One question I never thought to ask the dealer,,, anyone know whether the manual supplied comes in Thai/English or anyone know where I can download an english version from?

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Ordered the PCX 150 yesterday here in Suphanburi province, collecting it today (have to respect the wife's recomended Buddhist days for taking delivery of a new bike) otherwise I would have taken the bike yesterday,,, paid a bit over what some of the other posters paid,, 84,000 incl. 2 year theft ins, tax, plates, full face helmet and backpack,,

quite a wait for the plates, they told us we would get them in August, something about the factory that produces them having problems although I suspect maybe something lost in translation there??

One question I never thought to ask the dealer,,, anyone know whether the manual supplied comes in Thai/English or anyone know where I can download an english version from?

Petcat was kind enough to provide a link but for a 125cc model but still usable.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/558940-pcx-150-alarm-remote/page__st__50

Cheers for that link Guzzi, also picked up a PM from Marstens this morning with a link to the 125 manual, just wondered whether they would have had an updated Eng. manual for the 150 yet,

ok, now off to collect her, can then compare both, since I'm keeping hold of the old PCX

Many Thanks again

I noticed just yesterday quite a chatter from the front end when starting off. This seemed to get less as the bike warmed up. Is this normal? Or possibly something to do with the (old, yet to be replaced) faulty tyres?

Spending 3 days in pattaya with the family right now, noticed some of the Pcx running around with quite a few nice add ons,, anyone know a one stop shop in pattaya where I'm likely to find a selection of PCX accessories,,,, looked in the Honda shop in Threppasit rd, but didn't see anything there.

There is a shop in Soi Buakhao opposite the new public hospital that got heaps of extras for PCX, you know you found the shop when you see about 6-8 heavily modified PCX's and seats of all colors and shapes hanging above them

Spending 3 days in pattaya with the family right now, noticed some of the Pcx running around with quite a few nice add ons,, anyone know a one stop shop in pattaya where I'm likely to find a selection of PCX accessories,,,, looked in the Honda shop in Threppasit rd, but didn't see anything there.

google maithai motorcycles pattaya, link not working. come off pattaya Tai right onto bakaow about a kilometre down on the left, as said by guzzi850m2 opposite hospital.

Edited by marstons

Guzzi/Marstons, thanks very much for your replies, found the shop this morning, great selection of seating options and accessories, have noticed the maithai website from an Internet search before, but wasn't sure where exactly they were located now I know,

although left without buying after the wife overheard the lady telling me over 3.5k for the seating I liked although I'm sure I'll get her round to it soon, if not her birthdays coming up, I can buy her something I like,, hehe,,

Thanks again

Guzzi/Marstons, thanks very much for your replies, found the shop this morning, great selection of seating options and accessories, have noticed the maithai website from an Internet search before, but wasn't sure where exactly they were located now I know,

although left without buying after the wife overheard the lady telling me over 3.5k for the seating I liked although I'm sure I'll get her round to it soon, if not her birthdays coming up, I can buy her something I like,, hehe,,

Thanks again

Yes that shop is very expensive and a total rip off. Stay away unless you have plenty of money to burn.

Yes that shop is very expensive and a total rip off. Stay away unless you have plenty of money to burn.

That shop is ridiculously expensive. I seriously doubt that the Thai customers pay the same prices you're being quoted.

Give Brian at Sumet Cycle a PM. He can sort you out with shipping at far better prices than those.

Hi all, just to clarify,, there were quite a few different prices, for the particular seating I liked, depending on material used price was from 2900 up to 3500, additional bar around tha back of the seat with small backrest added another

Sorry,, added post before it was completed and edited,,,, here's the completed post,,,,,

Hi all, just to clarify,, there were quite a few different prices, for the particular seating I liked, depending on material used and padding etc,,, price was up to 3500, additional chrome bar around the back of the seat with small backrest would have added another 1800 baht to the price or so she told me,,

I know I can get a recovering of the seat in chosen colours for 500 as I've done with the older PCX, but was interested in a bit of custom styling to the seating for the new one,

Jonnyscot, since you invited your family to a 3 days trip to Pattaya (I asume you pay) then you should treat yourself to the seat you like, okay 3500 bath is not cheap so maybe ask the shop to mount it on one of their PCX bikes and have a test sit on it so you are sure it fits you comfortable.

Jonnyscot, since you invited your family to a 3 days trip to Pattaya (I asume you pay) then you should treat yourself to the seat you like, okay 3500 bath is not cheap so maybe ask the shop to mount it on one of their PCX bikes and have a test sit on it so you are sure it fits you comfortable.

Hi Guzzi, the seat was already mounted on one of the models sitting outside the shop although I didn't try it out for comfort, which as you say would have been a good idea,, cannot really compare it to the 3 day family trip to pattaya, since my son and his mates who lives in UK were over to phuket and pattaya holidaying, so took my family to spend time with him in patts before they returned to UK, as I dont suppose ill see him for another couple of years,,, personally I don't really grudge the cost of the seat to be honest, although the wife wouldn't agree there,, hehe , but I'm sure you've heard it all before about a Scotsman and his money,,, hehe,,,

I'll probably end up going for it and finish up paying another 1000 for delivery, since I've already returned home this morning,,

Hi Guzzi, the seat was already mounted on one of the models sitting outside the shop although I didn't try it out for comfort, which as you say would have been a good idea,, cannot really compare it to the 3 day family trip to pattaya, since my son and his mates who lives in UK were over to phuket and pattaya holidaying, so took my family to spend time with him in patts before they returned to UK, as I dont suppose ill see him for another couple of years,,, personally I don't really grudge the cost of the seat to be honest, although the wife wouldn't agree there,, hehe , but I'm sure you've heard it all before about a Scotsman and his money,,, hehe,,,

I'll probably end up going for it and finish up paying another 1000 for delivery, since I've already returned home this morning,,

who's money was it yours or the wife's :-) is a bit more expensive but its gets fitted in the Price, buying elsewhere would be DIY but seat is easy. I got my seat there, he can be flexible on the price especially ig he gets the old seat. A guy down the road customised the seat, reshaping and recovering for 150 baht. Xena alarm was 1800 same model 1500 at sumet plus shipping so hardly worth it. I would much prefer to buy of Brain at Sumet but location is a problem from Pattaya.

Has anybody had the YSS shocks fitted, are they worth it?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't like the present three colour schemes for the 150. I was wondering how much it would cost to replace the red trim on a white one, with black trim. Any ideas anyone?

Not much I think, 2-3000 bath. I gotten used to my red trim on white so I keep the trim for now.

I don't like the present three colour schemes for the 150. I was wondering how much it would cost to replace the red trim on a white one, with black trim. Any ideas anyone?

Hi, I would agree with your assesment re the choice of colours available for the 150, i eventually went for the white colour, but certainly not my preferred choice, unsure whether the old(125) parts are same or similarly priced to the 150, but I replaced all the colored bodywork and plastics for our PCX 125 a few months back, went for black bodywork with black plastics had the seat recovered in black with white the seat recover was only 300 or 400 baht, all in price just under 6,000 including fitting, I must add that I had cheaper quotes for the parts (5,000), but chose a local supplier rather than mail order.

Sorry, misread your question, now I understand youre looking to replace only the plastic trim,,,,

Apologies

quote name='jonnyscot' timestamp='1342143258' post='5479632']

Sorry, misread your question, now I understand youre looking to replace only the plastic trim,,,,

Apologies

quote name='jonnyscot' timestamp='1342143258' post='5479632']

Yes. Thinking of ordering a white /red, and replacing all the red parts with black.

I recall reading somewhere, maybe on TV, that some parts from the 125 are different, including the centre piece/ fuel filler. At least, now that there is a red 150 with black trim, there shouldn't be a problem.

Just had a thought. Would this mean making some alterations to the green book?

You should be able to do it for about 5,000 baht. Best of Luck.

Brian