UK pensions

46 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

The govt website ststes that a pension cannot be stopped or it did yesterday

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Are you referring to the statement that the state pension cannot be subjected to sanction.This does not preclude the stopping or reduction of the pension. Take for example a person currently of pension age sent to jail, there pension entitlement is stopped for the period of incarceration.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, strikingsunset said:

just reading these posts- yes so much optimism that the UK state pension will continue as now- mine is due to start in May 2021 and i have severe doubts that it will actually happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I think the thought is that the State Pension for younger people might be changed in some way, I am being al seeing and all thinking here it will be a rising cost forever and for sure they would prefer not to pay and increase benefits for younger people. In time like New Zealand a State Pension for all will not be the case, youngers will have to more frugal and prepare for the latter years by themselves. The HMG are constantly changed the ways and means of the SP and the end game will, at some time, to end it, but not in our lifetime and not before 2031 IMO.

I just got a life certificate today from the state pension people dated 05 August that has to be filled in and signed by somebody not in the family and returned withing 16 weeks of the date it was sent. This can be signed by a Thai official.

I had a second one in the same post from my RAF pension people and this has to be signed by a Brit as far as I can tell. The UK Embassy no longer provide this service.

I need to select one of the following types of person.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/463191/Life_Certificate_Witness_Options.pdf

The last one for the state pension was several years ago and that cost me 100 baht and 5 beer Chang at the Amphur police station.

• Like 1
On 8/22/2018 at 10:06 AM, BritManToo said:

Why would you mention where you are and what you were doing when making the claim?

They don't need to know, and they don't appear to have the ability to find out.

They don't bother, it's only if someone shops you they start looking into things.

On 8/22/2018 at 1:37 PM, colinneil said:
Easy mate, get a Thai civil servant, policeman, doctor, bank manager to sign it, job done.

I get mine signed by wifes cousin, a school director.

A retired UK Civil Servant can also sign the form, they have to have been an established Civil Servant, they don’t need a stamp.

I went to Siam Paragon yesterday to witness one for a mate and former colleague.

When I got back home there was one for me in my mailbox, they were both sent on the same day, his arrived a week ago, so another trip to Paragon today for him to sign mine.

By the way I double checked with the DWP that retired UK Civil Servants are still able to do so.

2 hours ago, theoldgit said:

A retired UK Civil Servant can also sign the form, they have to have been an established Civil Servant, they don’t need a stamp.

I went to Siam Paragon yesterday to witness one for a mate and former colleague.

When I got back home there was one for me in my mailbox, they were both sent on the same day, his arrived a week ago, so another trip to Paragon today for him to sign mine.

By the way I double checked with the DWP that retired UK Civil Servants are still able to do so.

Yes mate, also a retired UK bank manager can do it, jip99 signed mine 3 years ago, and it was accepted by DWP.

• Like 1

My chum gets a Thai school teacher to do his along with the school rubber stamp. My English chum who has his own business in LOS does mine along with the business rubber stamp, his business can be easily found on the Net for the Gov to check out. No ploblems with the pension folk...

As far as I'm aware the recognised list of people who can sign a life certificate is the same as the list of British people that can sign a driving licence and passport application, plus the equivalent Thai people with the same/similar qualifications. I've signed several forms in the UK over the years and, since retiring in Thailand, have signed two passport applications for friends over here. I did query the official/rubber stamp requirement with the Passport Office because, being retired, I don't have one and was told: "no problem, just state your profession and add retired in brackets". 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, billd766 said:

This time I think that I will try the local hospital sometime next week.

The pension providers know that I am Thailand anyway.

Sent you a message.

Edited by JAG
On 8/22/2018 at 4:06 AM, BritManToo said:

Why would you mention where you are and what you were doing when making the claim?

As the courts of human rights decided that the british state pension is 'A government benefit'..I am certain that you could lose all of your pension if your claim is fraudulent.

• Like 1
On 8/22/2018 at 12:46 PM, strikingsunset said:

just reading these posts- yes so much optimism that the UK state pension will continue as now- mine is due to start in May 2021 and i have severe doubts that it will actually happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

you will get a pension based on your national insurance payments ..If you do not have the full amount required for full state pension you will et a reduced [based on payments] pension.

31 minutes ago, p414 said:

As the courts of human rights decided that the british state pension is 'A government benefit'..I am certain that you could lose all of your pension if your claim is fraudulent.

'court of human rights'  well this is excellent news,that it has decided the British state pension is a government benefit'  As you are most certainly 'certain'  perhaps a pointer ,a brief pointing to this 'certainty'....and following on from your certantly 'certain'  perhaps a brief briefing that all 'you could lose all your pension'   

Thank You   as I am leaving soon to frequent a local beer bar,perhaps you could furnish the briefest of details in a goodly timed fashion

Edited by molecule engineer
dup
On 8/22/2018 at 10:06 AM, BritManToo said:

Because to receive the "benefit" you are supposed to be honest so they work out how much "benefit" they give you. If you are not honest and overpaid they will want their money back..The leaflet they send you is quite clear..

Folk who think they will "never" get caught are daft. Tech will catch up in the long run, same as UK roads are covered with cameras to stop folk driving with no tax, insurance or MOT..All they need is a cars number plate..Things are moving on...

Scan.jpg.28e271c2bf1453cc3a8da56b4367b40f.jpg

1 hour ago, transam said:

Because to receive the "benefit" you are supposed to be honest so they work out how much "benefit" they give you. If you are not honest and overpaid they will want their money back..The leaflet they send you is quite clear..

Folk who think they will "never" get caught are daft. Tech will catch up in the long run, same as UK roads are covered with cameras to stop folk driving with no tax, insurance or MOT..All they need is a cars number plate..Things are moving on...

Thing is they will never have the 'ability',don't tell them,good enough.    Not only not having the ability,they are not interested,only the fact the recipient is still alive.    There is no punishment as such,none,so no point telling,if it means so much to you,you tell them,no skin off my nose,seems the skin is off your nose,as you are the loser. It is nobody else s business what an individual does/not do,you seem to be making it your business though

..and if I may add UK population of Thailand about 50,000 of which 5000 are old age pensioners  lol   if you believe that you are in for a hefty time convincing one and all of their utter disregard to UK law,(well it ain't actually 'law' ) not in the sense you would like it to be

12 minutes ago, molecule engineer said:

Thing is they will never have the 'ability',don't tell them,good enough.    Not only not having the ability,they are not interested,only the fact the recipient is still alive.    There is no punishment as such,none,so no point telling,if it means so much to you,you tell them,no skin off my nose,seems the skin is off your nose,as you are the loser. It is nobody else s business what an individual does/not do,you seem to be making it your business though

..and if I may add UK population of Thailand about 50,000 of which 5000 are old age pensioners  lol   if you believe that you are in for a hefty time convincing one and all of their utter disregard to UK law,(well it ain't actually 'law' ) not in the sense you would like it to be

?...We have a worried member it seems....I have to worry about nothing chap, I have just posted facts...

Oh, tell me, why do UK folk not to have a tax disc on their car anymore..?

Tell me....

7 minutes ago, transam said:

?...We have a worried member it seems....I have to worry about nothing chap, I have just posted facts...

Tell me....

Nonsensical statement,utter garbage,nothing worries me ,never will,but Ill bet when the September CPI figures are announced you will be beating your self to death .......again,  Ill copy and paste part of my last posting again (and again,if you so wish  )lol  There is no punishment as such,none,so no point telling,if it means so much to you,you tell them,no skin off my nose,seems the skin is off your nose,as you are the loser.

2 minutes ago, molecule engineer said:

Nonsensical statement,utter garbage,nothing worries me ,never will,but Ill bet when the September CPI figures are announced you will be beating your self to death

I haven't a clue what a CPI is so l ain't going to worry about it chummy...?

3 hours ago, p414 said:

you will get a pension based on your national insurance payments ..If you do not have the full amount required for full state pension you will et a reduced [based on payments] pension.

If you have paid more that the current 36? years contribution you don't get a repayment of the extra years nor do you get a larger pension. I paid in for 44 years as did many other posters here.

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, transam said:

Tell me....

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/abolition-of-paper-car-tax-disc-why-are-drivers-being-fined-and-having-vehicles-towed-away-10171919.html

After the new rules were introduced by the DVLA in autumn last year, paper tax discs no longer need to be displayed on windscreens and are now processed digitally instead.

Motorists will need to renew the tax disc online, even if the paper version has still not expired, otherwise they could be fined and their car could be taken to a pound after being spotted and checked by automatic  number plate recognition cameras. (ANPR)

Big Brother is REALLY watching you in the UK.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

If you have paid more that the current 36? years contribution you don't get a repayment of the extra years nor do you get a larger pension. I paid in for 44 years as did many other posters here.

Is it 36 or 35 years to get max??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk