Manchester United

redrus

4 hours ago, nev said:

FCSo Yaya is leaving and all he can talk about is us, how he came to City to put us in city's shadow, well in our worst period in 30 years included since the city take over here is the trophy count. ?

United:

Premier League: 08/09, 10/11, 12/13
FA Cup: 15/16
League Cup: 08/09, 09/10, 16/17
Europa League: 16/17

Total: 8 trophies

Liars:

Premier League: 11/12, 13/14, 17/18
FA Cup: 10/11
League Cup: 13/14, 15/16, 17/18

Total: 7 trophies

That’s some shadow we’re in. Our shittst decade for the best part of 30 years and we’ve still outshone them.

i will just add we could add a fa cup to that too.

I love watching sport including football, I have a leaning towards manu because of certain reasons, I am not from Manchester or even England for that matter but I do have a unique affiliation with the team. It is a great sport but also has a dark side from the past

I have seen lots of senseless stupid violence and hate involving football over the years especially against Manchester United and venomous hate against  Sir Alex Ferguson who is in fact the most accomplished and wow also homegrown manager the UK is ever likely to see

so what is it (was it) that propagated all the violence and hate in a popular national family sport years gone by and still exists today to an extent - a mentality I cannot and never will understand, I know people today that hate ….yes hate Sir Alex Ferguson, they can never explain to me why which quite frankly is something I totally understand - we have a national sport that should be enjoyed with family and friends, and yet the hate and violence (which is now more hate than anything else) gave the UK a seriously poor reputation in terms of sport supporters, maybe all those involved in the violence of the past should have joined the military and became real men instead of running around in gangs wearing football shirts thinking they were hard, they really were not hard at all they just thought that beating on a few innocent isolated people was somehow impressing someone...………………….it really wasn't.....maybe years of hard military training and service would have actually been something to be proud of and actually impressed - something you could actually genuinely boast about and share with the grandkids - if you actually know them

Oh Rant over, it's all better now, here we come Russia lol 

PS and yes I know the Grammar is all over the place but I really couldn't be arsed correcting it lol

Edited by smedly

48 minutes ago, smedly said:

I love watching sport including football, I have a leaning towards manu because of certain reasons, I am not from Manchester or even England for that matter but I do have a unique affiliation with the team. It is a great sport but also has a dark side from the past

I have seen lots of senseless stupid violence and hate involving football over the years especially against Manchester United and venomous hate against  Sir Alex Ferguson who is in fact the most accomplished and wow also homegrown manager the UK is ever likely to see

so what is it (was it) that propagated all the violence and hate in a popular national family sport years gone by and still exists today to an extent - a mentality I cannot and never will understand, I know people today that hate ….yes hate Sir Alex Ferguson, they can never explain to me why which quite frankly is something I totally understand - we have a national sport that should be enjoyed with family and friends, and yet the hate and violence (which is now more hate than anything else) gave the UK a seriously poor reputation in terms of sport supporters, maybe all those involved in the violence of the past should have joined the military and became real men instead of running around in gangs wearing football shirts thinking they were hard, they really were not hard at all they just thought that beating on a few innocent isolated people was somehow impressing someone...………………….it really wasn't.....maybe years of hard military training and service would have actually been something to be proud of and actually impressed - something you could actually genuinely boast about and share with the grandkids - if you actually know them

Oh Rant over, it's all better now, here we come Russia lol 

PS and yes I know the Grammar is all over the place but I really couldn't be arsed correcting it lol

That rant came off the back off Nev's post?!!!  Whats that to do with violence?

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 7:50 AM, carmine said:

I agree with all those sentiments and wish him a speedy recovery.  But try to remembers no ones perfect, a sentiment i'm sure Alex Ferguson would agree with!

Whilst i have mixed feelings about certain sides of his character theres no doubting he was a magnificent football manager that has become a modern day icon.  

The reports,if true, coming out seem very positive that he is now able to talk to his family. If strength and determination were part of that recovery he had some important personal allies. I can understand those that see him as some sort of ogre,yes he was ruthless when required an important asset I would have thought when dealing with the egos and day to day "problems" football throws up on a daily basis.

It has been well know that he was always there for other up and coming managers with advice if they requested it and a lot of media "beat ups"with him falling out with players have been overplayed.Stam ,Van Nistlerooy,Beckham and more now  have nothing but a genuine admiration for him.

My thoughts moved to Sir Bobby Charlton this week and what he was thinking when the  news broke out he must have been thinking I lost team mates at Munich and now I might lose my long time friend and I'm still here.

It will be great day for the United faithfull if we seem them together again in the stands next season.

Edited by Sparkles
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, nev said:

FCSo Yaya is leaving and all he can talk about is us, how he came to City to put us in city's shadow 

And yet you haven't posted on here since sunday and all you can talk about is City. Mmmm

You might think Yaya saying that was strange but don't forget Fergie called us the noisy neighbours first. That comment has well and truly come back to haunt

5 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

And yet you haven't posted on here since sunday and all you can talk about is City. Mmmm

You might think Yaya saying that was strange but don't forget Fergie called us the noisy neighbours first. That comment has well and truly come back to haunt

SAF throwaway line  "Our noisy neighbours" was just that ,hardly disrespectful,perish the though that a sense of humour might rise to the surface.

Sticks and stones ......

1 minute ago, Sparkles said:

SAF throwaway line  "Our noisy neighbours" was just that ,hardly disrespectful,perish the though that a sense of humour might rise to the surface.

Sticks and stones ......

And Yaya's was probably the same but...........

Fergie is calculated in everything he says/said and that line was intentional. It was meant to annoy and it's come back to bite. Same with the "not in my lifetime" jibe

3 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

And Yaya's was probably the same but...........

Fergie is calculated in everything he says/said and that line was intentional. It was meant to annoy and it's come back to bite. Same with the "not in my lifetime" jibe

And yet its ok when your manager refers to the Harry Kane team which is nothing short of downright insulting......especially when Pochettino shows him and every other manager the utmost respect.

4 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Fergie is calculated in everything he says/said 

True to be fair.

Not sure it has come back to bite though. It has just confounded the perception of the way your club conducts itself. 

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

It has just confounded the perception of the way your club conducts itself. 

Oooh there are some seriously jealous United fans at the moment. Including all my cousins. So Yaya Toure saying that really means that much to you :shock1:

Just now, mrbojangles said:

Oooh there are some seriously jealous United fans at the moment. Including all my cousins. So Yaya Toure saying that really means that much to you :shock1:

Personally I'm not talking about Yaya. Just the original Fergie 'noisy neighbours' comment. I don't think Fergie thought it would change anything on the pitch, but the comment gave you a tag that has stuck. 

4 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Didn't mean much to me.I posted 2 years back that if United never won another trophy it would not personally worry me.

They have given me & others a lifetime of enjoyment.I dont like the football they are playing now.

During the lengthy Ferguson era it was pace, power and unpredictability.

We could call them the "golden years" even when they lost they did it in a style that pleased the eye.

The SAF term "noisy neighbours" was tinged with sarcasm something that some dont consider or understand. If anyone took offence to it they should go back and play with their Lego.Bit like that Carlos Tevez banner

4 hours ago, carmine said:

That rant came off the back off Nev's post?!!!  Whats that to do with violence?

I know, it wasn't really a reply but no issue giving his post more visibility lol 

So you believe the media stories that Yaya got upset because he didn't get a birthday cake, when the truth is it was just his <deleted> agent trying to make problems (trying to make out how important yaya was to City at that time), then you'll believe anything. 

Nev I don't think Yaya was quoting trophies, I think it was about perception and who's king of the Castle now. There was a time not long ago when ManU expected to beat City (City expected it to) and finish above City. In yayas day that has reversed.  That's what I believe he meant.

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Nev I don't think Yaya was quoting trophies, I think it was about perception and who's king of the Castle now. There was a time not long ago when ManU expected to beat City (City expected it to) and finish above City. In yayas day that has reversed.  That's what I believe he meant.

After winning trophies at cityhe said his greatest moment was scoring against us, Sums City up no matter what you win you have to bring us into it, means more getting one over on us than winning a trophy?.

Again, as a non-City fan, you are not understanding what he said. He was asked what was the most important moment of his City career or something similar, to which he answered scoring vs ManU in the FA Cup. Why? 1. Because it meant we had got to the point where we could go in to games feeling like we could beat ManU, and beat them. 2. Because it allowed us to get to the final and beat Stoke and get the monkey off our backs. So the goal against ManU was hugely significant.

3 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Why doesn't he play Martial and Rashford?

Its not as if he has to win the game anyway so give the young lads a run out surely??

Sounds like martial is a goner. Another top player Mourinho has made a mess of. Ideal for Spurs though.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Haha naaaah I'd take Radhford tho.

Martial is an upgrade on llorente and his stock is low and it could go seriously high. 36/135 and only 22. Defo worth looking at all top 5 should be.

Edited by Rc2702
Redneck

22 hours ago, nev said:

FCSo Yaya is leaving and all he can talk about is us, how he came to City to put us in city's shadow

Can you do me a favour nev and post a link to that quote. I went to bed straight after the match, so never saw the interview but I can't find any write ups in which he said that. Not saying he did or didn't but can't find it.

17 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Can you do me a favour nev and post a link to that quote. I went to bed straight after the match, so never saw the interview but I can't find any write ups in which he said that. Not saying he did or didn't but can't find it.

Here you go mate dissect this ? 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-city-great-yaya-toure-12503245.amp?__twitter_impression=true

8 minutes ago, nev said:

Cheer for the link mate

So it wasn't after the mach. It was just a full on interview about his time at City before last nights match. The way you posted it made it sound like t was the first thing he said after the match

You know the score by now nev, in full interviews journo's ask shed loads of pointed questions, teasing answers and publishing quotes they think will sell papers.

9 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Its not as if he has to win the game anyway so give the young lads a run out surely??

Because he played them in the previous game,  they didn't perform and he publicly criticised them.

Teams 2 to 5 limping over the finish line in comical fashion.

10 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Once your face doesn't fit with Mourinho, that's it...…….doesn't matter how talented you are. Just look at his record in this regard.

He complains about Rashford, yet plays him out of position and doesn't use his talents well enough.

Last night's game was as exciting as watching paint dry, with the ball taking far too long to reach the/any front runners or anyone creating space. 

The club still needs a clear out and Mourinho should go as well or MU will win nothing next season. 

Also during the close season I'd do a deal with Real Madrid to off load De Ghea (great as he is), get some good money for him, then buy Butland, as he is surely one of the best keepers alongside De Ghea, and DG will go one way or another, so why not get good cash and perhaps a player exchange into the bargain.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Because he played them in the previous game,  they didn't perform and he publicly criticised them.

Teams 2 to 5 limping over the finish line in comical fashion.

2,3 and 5 have no excuse. 4 has bigger fish to fry obviously.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, xylophone said:

Once your face doesn't fit with Mourinho, that's it...…….doesn't matter how talented you are. Just look at his record in this regard.

He complains about Rashford, yet plays him out of position and doesn't use his talents well enough.

Last night's game was as exciting as watching paint dry, with the ball taking far too long to reach the/any front runners or anyone creating space. 

The club still needs a clear out and Mourinho should go as well or MU will win nothing next season. 

Also during the close season I'd do a deal with Real Madrid to off load De Ghea (great as he is), get some good money for him, then buy Butland, as he is surely one of the best keepers alongside De Ghea, and DG will go one way or another, so why not get good cash and perhaps a player exchange into the bargain.

Relax. We needed a point to finish in second and we played safety first.

This summer, and the way we start next season, could be massive. Let's see what happens.