90 Day Reporting - Comments And Experiences

Tywais

You can appoint anybody to make a 90 day report for you,paid or otherwise.

I just signed up with Assist Thai Visa to do it as I don't need the stress nor the uncertainty as to how much work I have to take off to get it done. I spent a fraction of the time getting there, parking and doing the paperwork as I would have at immigration. So thanks to those who suggested this service.

How much do they charge?

1000 baht per year

They seem to have raised their prices. I just signed up today, and they charged me 1,500 baht for four reports.

Sophon

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They seem to have raised their prices. I just signed up today, and they charged me 1,500 baht for four reports.

Sophon

Sorry to hear that

Perhaps Tywais will chime in with what he paid a week ago too.

If they have put their prices up, I guess part of the reason is that certain people want a bigger slice of the cake.

[

Sophon

Then I would suggest caution. Such a huge percentage increase is not a good sign!

Edited by Thailand

[

Sophon

Then I would suggest caution. Such a huge percentage increase is not a good sign!

Isn't this new editing system great? laugh.png

People without transport probably couldn't do it for 250 baht and who the heck wants to be bothered with it anyway in this heat or in the rain.....when it comes?

An increase of 500 baht sounds a lot, but 1,500 Baht is still within my comfort zone, not to think about or see that place for a whole year. smile.png

Edited by uptheos

Sophon

Sorry to hear that

It was 1000 when I signed up. Don't know why they would up it that much.

Sophon

Sorry to hear that

Yes it sounds odd to me

mania, on 17 Apr 2013 - 20:12, said:

Tywais, on 17 Apr 2013 - 20:00, said:

mania, on 17 Apr 2013 - 19:13, said:

Sophon, on 17 Apr 2013 - 18:56, said:

Sophon

Sorry to hear that

Yes it sounds odd to me
propaly making hay,before the bubble bursts,or some one crys wolf,because there not in it, or on it.

Sophon

Sorry to hear that

Still sounds very reasonable.

And they basically do all the queuing and s**t for you?

Sophon

Sorry to hear that

Still sounds very reasonable.

And they basically do all the queuing and s**t for you?

Exactly. Of course there's going to be posts on here where people are in and out in 5 minutes......this is Thai Visa after all. In reality, the people I have spoken to think that going there for the 90 day report is a pain in the arse and a total waste of their time, which more often than not seems to be many hours, plus parking frustrations, ++. I understand people not wanting to pay an organisation to do it, it goes against the grain....I understand that. However, I simply don't have the time to waste on this ridiculous exercise and FOR ME it's worth paying someone so I don't have to even think about it at all.

For those that prefer to do it themselves, then do it!

For those who prefer to get someone else, then do it!

• Like 2

Sophon

Sorry to hear that

Thai assist today told me it is still going to be 1000

a year for four 90day reports.

They do know I am a customer so I do not know if the new price someone mentioned is

just for new customers? But it did seem odd since Tywais just also signed up at the 1k rate.

Stopped by today as I was passing their office.

I noticed they have a sign out that they moved.

Actually right across the street & a little towards the highway

end into a bigger place. Look for the dark blue front

Edited by mania

Sophon

Sorry to hear that

They do know I am a customer so I do not know if the new price someone mentioned is

just for new customers? But it did seem odd since Tywais just also signed up at the 1k rate.

I wonder what the name of the place is that charged the guy 1,500......maybe he will answer.

I wonder what the name of the place is that charged the guy 1,500......maybe he will answer.

My post was in reply to a post asking how much Assist Thai Visa charge for doing the 90 day reports, so unless there are more than one company with basically the same name then we are talking about the same company.

Sophon

My post was in reply to a post asking how much Assist Thai Visa charge for doing the 90 day reports, so unless there are more than one company with basically the same name then we are talking about the same company.

Sophon

I have no reason to doubt either you or mania.

But I would suggest you query why they charged you 1,500 when they told mania it's still 1,000 Baht and only charged Tywais (new customer) 1,000 baht 6 days ago.

Edited by uptheos
  • Like 1

Was in today for my 90-day and it was a madhouse. On the advice of a UK friend (I'm US) I went for the 1300 option because he was in and out a couple of weeks ago in less than 15 minutes (with NO numbers being Issued). Today was not one of those in-and-out days. Arrived about 1230 and everything was in auto-pilot, no Thai Imm officers on duty, no numbers being issued. About 1300 things started to wake up, still I was in wait and see mode to determine if a number was needed for the 90-day report. Yes numbers were in play. I got 649 and they were on 072 when things got rolling so I was in for a wait.

Actually the waits are ok with me. Usually, I get a bit of entertainment from the lost soles and various expressions of disbelief when folks are told we are out of numbers for the day for that service and we'll see you tomorrow. Priceless.. Today was a Bonus big time. Some individuals were trying to slip to the counter and just slide in without getting a number and waiting their turn. I know it happens but sooner or later someone will step up and say something. This is when it gets interesting. Just before my number came up there were a couple of guys who thought they could just slip to the front of the line and quietly beat the system. But, there were a couple of folks who called they out and rightfully so.

One simple Suggestion!!! If the rule of the day is "Numbers are Needed for 90-Day Reports" then play this game and be thankful for the other days where a number is not needed but don't play stupid and try to use the "Numbers NOT needed today for 90-Day Reports" rule every visit to Immigration-you will look like an ass no matter how you think you might look. If you can't afford the time, just pay for some visa service provider do the 90-day for you.

One final thing, males should not wear a Tank-Top shirt, today this was highly frowned upon by the immigration officer doing regular extensions. I overheard him sternly telling 2 requests for these individuals to wear a shirt with sleeves.

Was in today for my 90-day and it was a madhouse. On the advice of a UK friend (I'm US) I went for the 1300 option because he was in and out a couple of weeks ago in less than 15 minutes (with NO numbers being Issued). Today was not one of those in-and-out days. Arrived about 1230 and everything was in auto-pilot, no Thai Imm officers on duty, no numbers being issued. About 1300 things started to wake up, still I was in wait and see mode to determine if a number was needed for the 90-day report. Yes numbers were in play. I got 649 and they were on 072 when things got rolling so I was in for a wait.

Actually the waits are ok with me. Usually, I get a bit of entertainment from the lost soles and various expressions of disbelief when folks are told we are out of numbers for the day for that service and we'll see you tomorrow. Priceless.. Today was a Bonus big time. Some individuals were trying to slip to the counter and just slide in without getting a number and waiting their turn. I know it happens but sooner or later someone will step up and say something. This is when it gets interesting. Just before my number came up there were a couple of guys who thought they could just slip to the front of the line and quietly beat the system. But, there were a couple of folks who called they out and rightfully so.

One simple Suggestion!!! If the rule of the day is "Numbers are Needed for 90-Day Reports" then play this game and be thankful for the other days where a number is not needed but don't play stupid and try to use the "Numbers NOT needed today for 90-Day Reports" rule every visit to Immigration-you will look like an ass no matter how you think you might look. If you can't afford the time, just pay for some visa service provider do the 90-day for you.

One final thing, males should not wear a Tank-Top shirt, today this was highly frowned upon by the immigration officer doing regular extensions. I overheard him sternly telling 2 requests for these individuals to wear a shirt with sleeves.

I don't mind the waiting time for the 90 days as it is usual not that long.

But if the day comes where I find myself crowding in to line ahead of my number I will pay the money be it 1,000 baht or 1,500 baht in a flash. I might come across at times or a lot as a uncaring person but I will never sink that low. At best they are probably only saving themselves 30 minutes or on rare occasions one hour..

the comedy i witness:

1. tank top, overweight, hairy......

2. the complainer.

3. the english teacher who thinks he knows it all

4. the overweight female farang that gets mad at the official

5. the people sleeping until their phone goes off

6. the old guy who hits on every girl/woman

7. the clueless clown who must ask 1000 question

8. mr. unprepared......

Edited by puukao
  • Like 1

I contacted Assist Thai Visa and asked them to clear up exactly what their fee is for 90 day reporting. This is their answer:

Hi,

For our clients which use us for visa extensions our fee is 1000 baht. If you are just using us for the 90 day report the fee is 1500. The increase was due to the amount of calls and emails received from new clients in regards to 90 days.

I hope this clarifies the situation

Kind Regards

Rhys

From his answer it sounds like a quite recent fee increase. I have no problem with people also using them for extensions getting a discount.

I have visited Chiang Mai Immigration only twice for 90 day reports, and it has only taken 15-30 minutes each time from I arrived until I left. But mostly because of the uncertainty (cancelling mail in reports, whether you need a number or not changing from visit to visit, the rumour that you will have to come in the morning etc.) combined with the lack of organisation at Immigration, I find it worth it for me to pay the fee. I live in Lamphun, so the fee is not that much more than the transportation costs anyway.

If they open up for mail in reports, or establish a consistent, streamlined work process for 90 day reports, then I will probably revert to doing my own reports again.

Sophon

I contacted Assist Thai Visa and asked them to clear up exactly what their fee is for 90 day reporting. This is their answer:

Hi,

For our clients which use us for visa extensions our fee is 1000 baht. If you are just using us for the 90 day report the fee is 1500. The increase was due to the amount of calls and emails received from new clients in regards to 90 days.

I hope this clarifies the situation

Kind Regards

Rhys

From his answer it sounds like a quite recent fee increase. I have no problem with people also using them for extensions getting a discount.

I have visited Chiang Mai Immigration only twice for 90 day reports, and it has only taken 15-30 minutes each time from I arrived until I left. But mostly because of the uncertainty (cancelling mail in reports, whether you need a number or not changing from visit to visit, the rumour that you will have to come in the morning etc.) combined with the lack of organisation at Immigration, I find it worth it for me to pay the fee. I live in Lamphun, so the fee is not that much more than the transportation costs anyway.

If they open up for mail in reports, or establish a consistent, streamlined work process for 90 day reports, then I will probably revert to doing my own reports again.

Sophon

Thanks for the update.

A bit confusing as I do not think any of us who posted using them for 90 day

use them for extensions.

I know I do not.

But may be a new policy due to the increase in clients.

It does sound like more folks use them now.

Edited by mania

Told yesterday at 10:40 to get a number for after lunch for 90 day report. Could not return that day.

Told today at 9:20 to get a number for after lunch. So I did. After lunch at 1:10 my number came up and (prepared with photos and form 47) was done in 10 minutes. Didn't get to oogle at all, at all.

Had the car with me, so I filled it with LPG across street; got to park there free instead of the 20 baht.

Problem with our Immigration is that it is understaffed. I can name a number of countries where the people behind the counter would not be half so nice, given their 'customers' and the press of time.

the comedy i witness:

2. the complainer.

8. mr. unprepared......

This is not a nasty list, really. So many farang are like this! Not all! Not all! Certainly not all, but one can hardly blame Thai immigration officers --- and Thais generally --- being increasingly disgusted with farang who meet one or more of the quoted characteristics. Of course, this problem is not entirely restricted to white westerners (i.e., farang), but never mind, that's where the big problem is on one side of the counter.

I have NEVER had problems with immigration at any Thai immigration office in many years. Yes, I have had to wait from time to time in very recent years in Chiang Mai a lot longer than I would wish, but when I go there I have my act together.

There is a much bigger picture that narcisistic westerners don't get at all. Farang problems are not high on the agenda compared to historically and currently dealing with many tens of thousands of refugees along all borders of the country. I have never seen this acknowledged on ThaiVisa Chiang Mai, a dumping bin for farang dumps. Very rarely in posts there is some sort of casual kiss-off line about Burmese workers getting in the way of white folks at Chiang Mai immigration!

On the OTHER side of the counter, I agree that Chiang Mai immigration officers make a lot of their own problems. Maybe some loosely-leased Alsatians to keep order would help?!

But, for one thing, the very poor immigration web site, which has been marginally upgraded, is a disgrace. Immigration doesn't seem to get it that most foreigners don't read or write Thai!!! Immigration has to get a decent website developer who can produce a website with helpful information IN LANGUAGES OF FOREIGNERS, not Thai, for Pete's sake! Foreigners, after all, and Thailand is the only country where Thai can be expected !!! The current web designing for the department looks like some minor secondary school project at the beginning of the academic year!

Secondly, it is certainly true that lack of adequate facilities and personal are problems. Would you like to work there, let alone just visit from time to time? It must shorten their life spans.

A third problem is, of course, the inability of the central management (aka Bangkok HQ) to deal with the problem effectively. This can be a factor in any country with such centralized government, but immigration is a legitimate national management problem not up for local option. The Chiang Mai office does not make policy, nor does it sign off on improving its own facilities, staffing or budget.

It is late. Have to go to sleep! My goodnight prayer this evening is for those who fit the basic descriptions quoted above. It is a wish: PLEASE, go immigrate elsewhere! That will improve things here immeasurably!

• Like 1

the comedy i witness:

2. the complainer.

8. mr. unprepared......

I have NEVER had problems with immigration at any Thai immigration office in many years. Yes, I have had to wait from time to time in very recent years in Chiang Mai a lot longer than I would wish, but when I go there I have my act together.

I agree, whenever I reach the officer never had a problem.....and now because of the online booking I can reach the officer about 5 minutes after I walk in the door..... annual renewal 15 minutes, waiting for passport average 1 hour......excellent.

Only visiting once a year and not having to even think about going there in-between is fantastic, thumbsup.gif

just curious,if you dont go to imm for 90days report,i presume you go to assists office give him passport then pick it up later,suppose its more easier that way,even if i dont like my passport out of my sight for too long??.but im still happy diy.

just curious,if you dont go to imm for 90days report,i presume you go to assists office give him passport then pick it up later,suppose its more easier that way,even if i dont like my passport out of my sight for too long??.but im still happy diy.

Nope, they send a scanned copy of the new form by email.

Only go anywhere regarding immigration, once a year. smile.png

Edited by uptheos

Nope, they send a scanned copy of the new form by email.

Only go anywhere regarding immigration, once a year. smile.png

They make 4 copies of the passport pages and 4 of a TM47 and you sign all the pages. They keep the original TM47 receipt that was in your passport and put a certified copy in it. You keep the passport. I just received my e-mail with the TM47 receipt attached to it today. My first one now. It works nicely. I was getting concerned about the receipt as it was due on the 16th but due to holidays it was a little late but still within the window. I sent an e-mail regarding my concerns and they responded promptly explaining it.

• Like 2