90 Day Reporting - Comments And Experiences

Tywais

just curious,if you dont go to imm for 90days report,i presume you go to assists office give him passport then pick it up later,suppose its more easier that way,even if i dont like my passport out of my sight for too long??.but im still happy diy.

Nope, they send a scanned copy of the new form by email.

Only go anywhere regarding immigration, once a year. smile.png

They make 4 copies of the passport pages and 4 of a TM47 and you sign all the pages. They keep the original TM47 receipt that was in your passport and put a certified copy in it. You keep the passport. I just received my e-mail with the TM47 receipt attached to it today. My first one now. It works nicely. I was getting concerned about the receipt as it was due on the 16th but due to holidays it was a little late but still within the window. I sent an e-mail regarding my concerns and they responded promptly explaining it.

Thanks for making a more detailed explanation.

Don't you feel good not having to find the time to go to immigration? thumbsup.gif

Edited by uptheos
  • Like 1

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just curious,if you dont go to imm for 90days report,i presume you go to assists office give him passport then pick it up later,suppose its more easier that way,even if i dont like my passport out of my sight for too long??.but im still happy diy.

Only go anywhere regarding immigration, once a year. :)

They make 4 copies of the passport pages and 4 of a TM47 and you sign all the pages. They keep the original TM47 receipt that was in your passport and put a certified copy in it. You keep the passport. I just received my e-mail with the TM47 receipt attached to it today. My first one now. It works nicely. I was getting concerned about the receipt as it was due on the 16th but due to holidays it was a little late but still within the window. I sent an e-mail regarding my concerns and they responded promptly explaining it.

Thanks for making a more detailed explanation.

Don't you feel good not having to find the time to go to immigration? :thumbsup:

More time to continually explain the process and benefits on TV (-:

• Like 1

"More time to continually explain the process and benefits on TV (-: "

Indeed, that might be one of the things, but I decide how to use my time and I'm not forced to go to the zoo. biggrin.png

i love going to zoos,must be the youngster in me,got to admit its certinally entertainment value, at cnx imm.

Tywais, on 20 Apr 2013 - 14:55, said:

uptheos, on 20 Apr 2013 - 14:38, said:

true blue, on 20 Apr 2013 - 14:24, said:

must admit last week the young lad scanned my bar code in passport,and entered it in to the computor on his desk?? obviously can not do that if do by email??????.just wondered.

Tywais, on 20 Apr 2013 - 14:55, said:

uptheos, on 20 Apr 2013 - 14:38, said:

true blue, on 20 Apr 2013 - 14:24, said:

must admit last week the young lad scanned my bar code in passport,and entered it in to the computor on his desk?? obviously can not do that if do by email??????.just wondered.

After they go to imm and do the 90 day report. They will take the receipt given by immigration, same one you would get stapled in your passport, and scan it. They send it via e-mail as a .jpg attachment.

Tywas

must
admit last week the young lad scanned my bar code in passport,and
entered it in to the computor on his desk?? obviously can not do that if
do by email??????.just wondered.

After they go to imm
and do the 90 day report. They will take the receipt given by
immigration, same one you would get stapled in your passport, and scan
it. They send it via e-mail as a .jpg attachment.

But how do they scan the bar code if they don't have your passport.

We
all knew there was a reason for it but what the reason was we never
really knew. Now it appears they want it for your 90 day report.

Or that was what I got out of true blue's report.

Tywas

must

After they go to imm

We

I've not heard that the barcode is a requirement now. First report I've seen where it was actually needed. Perhaps mis-wording or miscommunication. Anyway, they (Assist) can photocopy the passport with the barcode and that can be scanned by the imm reader without a passport present.

Tywas

must

After they go to imm

We

I've not heard that the barcode is a requirement now. First report I've seen where it was actually needed. Perhaps mis-wording or miscommunication. Anyway, they (Assist) can photocopy the passport with the barcode and that can be scanned by the imm reader without a passport present.

Agreed, but if you look at true blue's posts on the subject, I believe he's quite anti Assist et al.

No matter, he raises many good questions for thought and Tywais has answered this one........next. biggrin.png

i love going to zoos,must be the youngster in me,got to admit its certinally entertainment value, at cnx imm.

You know you could turn that love of the zoo into some coin/income wink.png

Absolutely, all you need to do is beat Assist on price and you could go to the zoo so often and get paid........you would have the perfect life.............OK waiting for the work permit police. biggrin.png

• Like 1

Absolutely, all you need to do is beat Assist on price and you could go to the zoo so often and get paid........you would have the perfect life.............OK waiting for the work permit police. biggrin.png
That is what I was thinking

He could do each for say 125 baht per ...gift...tip....consideration etc.

so as to not alarm the work permit police.smile.png

Competition would be good for us too as others might lower their prices to compete

with the falang zoo lovin guy wink.png

Edited by mania

Just returned from Chiang mai Immigration completeing 90 day report. Arrived at 1305 went inside for a q-number and recieved 625 checked the board, wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww a bit of a wait. Went outside to the copy center and met a friend who had been waiting since 10am talked tohim for a minute and off to copy needed pages. Went inside found a chair under A/c and broke out the paper. At 1410 number was called and submitted passport and documents, passport returned at 1415. A little over 1hour but had my paper no problems

• Like 1

mania, on 22 Apr 2013 - 13:02, said:

uptheos, on 22 Apr 2013 - 11:08, said:

mania, on 22 Apr 2013 - 10:51, said:

true blue, on 21 Apr 2013 - 19:15, said:

That is what I was thinking

He could do each for say 125 baht per ...gift...tip....consideration etc.

so as to not alarm the work permit police.smile.png

Competition would be good for us too as others might lower their prices to compete

with the falang zoo lovin guy wink.png

sorry as at the zoo,there is a different price structure,so falangs will have to pay more than other local nationalities
  • Like 1

Using Thai assist is the way to go for 90 day reports. so easy.

The Chiang Mai zoo aquarium is closed for renovations.

The monorail at the zoo died one day last week, families had to be rescued by the fire brigade.

I had a beer with a fellow who was stuck there,

In and out = 10 minutes* today! But oh dear, the traffic at 2.30pm was backed up to the airport every which way with May 1 holiday-shoppers trying to get into Central.

*would have been quicker except I forgot one photocopy!

Certainly a lot quieter there without all the Burmese ... maybe the holiday kept some farangs away too ...

In and out = 10 minutes* today! But oh dear, the traffic at 2.30pm was backed up to the airport every which way with May 1 holiday-shoppers trying to get into Central.

Certainly a lot quieter there without all the Burmese ... maybe the holiday kept some farangs away too ...

I thought they would have been closed yesterday, some kind of labour day holiday Thai style.

I'm surprised they were there, explains the quietness.

I thought they would have been closed yesterday, some kind of labour day holiday Thai style.

I'm surprised they were there, explains the quietness.

May Day holiday doesn't apply to Gov. offices (police/immi) apparently ... not classified as 'workers' I suppose whistling.gifcoffee1.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Summary is:

I went along on Wednesday afternoon this week. Arrived about 2:00. Grabbed a hand-written queue number from the girl handing them out (she was sitting dead center of the big counter in the main room - same place they hand your passport back sometimes). Counter 2 on the right hand side of the room was doing 90 day reports. There are signs to indicate this. It took about 20 minutes for them to call my number, then 5 minutes for the fellow to check out my form and photocopies, and to do a bit of stamping. Once he was done he handed my passport back and I was out of there.

I found the information regarding photocopies and the link to download the form here to be correct:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/557382-90-day-report-procedures/