Honda cbr650 2014

I see a lot of 650 series around bangkok too mania.

Of course good value/perfromance and being a honda and inline four, people buy them.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I see a lot of 650 series around bangkok too mania.

Of course good value/perfromance and being a honda and inline four, people buy them.

To be honest, I haven't seen one.

thanks mania.

I am sure and I hope Devil found a way for this.

If the price is right, I will get the devil soon and wait for bazzaz or dynojet do something.

Don't think on playing with air filter or box and make it running leaner until I install an aftermarket ECU.

Want bazzaz as theirs include a traction control system and quickshifter too.

Couple from Praram2bikes LL

Dont know anything about the company

Just saw if on FB

full system 14500 baht I think

Slip on 5900 baht

Full system 11900 baht

Edited by mania

Hows Praram2's reputation nowadays?

I remember a few years ago (3 or 4) they weren't known as being very reliable.

I see they've also done some rebranding. I presume the PR2 on their pipes is their new logo, and the quality also looks better than before.

Lots of pipes for many different bikes on their site.

http://www.mocyc.com/shop/praram2bikes

Edited by Som wat

thanks mania.

If the price is right, I will get the devil soon and wait for bazzaz or dynojet do something.

Don't think on playing with air filter or box and make it running leaner until I install an aftermarket ECU.

Just saw if on FB

Slip on 5900 baht

Full system 11900 baht

Mania, i saw praram 2 pipes.

But honda bigwing mechs always state the fact that those improvised pipes make the hp go down compared with the stock.

Dont want to a get a pipe that makes the bike less powerful just bc of a nicer sound or decreasing the weight even if it is losing only a single hp still it is not a good feeling.

That is why i liked Devil full system exhaust as their operation looks fine and designed with computers etc. Still i will wait a dyno sheet even from Devil and buy it or not accordingly.

thanks mania.

Just saw if on FB

Slip on 5900 baht

Full system 11900 baht

But honda bigwing mechs always state the fact that those improvised pipes make the hp go down compared with the stock.

Dont want to a get a pipe that makes the bike less powerful just bc of a nicer sound or decreasing the weight even if it is losing only a single hp still it is not a good feeling.

That is why i liked Devil full system exhaust as their operation looks fine and designed with computers etc. Still i will wait a dyno sheet even from Devil and buy it or not accordingly.

Depends on the reason you are buying the exhaust? If for power gains you will never know if it changed except with a dyno. If for styling and sound which should be ones motivation get one to your liking. Remember something like losing 7lbs will gain 1hp.

thanks mania.

Just saw if on FB

Slip on 5900 baht

Full system 11900 baht

Depends on the reason you are buying the exhaust? If for power gains you will never know if it changed except with a dyno. If for styling and sound which should be ones motivation get one to your liking. Remember something like losing 7lbs will gain 1hp.

Yankee, want to get a pipe that can give some extra performance if possible along with nicer sound and decreased weight.

That is why waiting for dyno sheets.

I'm so glad that Honda doesn't have a 650X yet...upgrade itch is calling me but I've been able to suppress it so far with that line of thinking.

try to wait for November Motor show, you will get discounts and probably some 2015 models. That's what I will do

I almost booked a CB650 to get in Oct/Nov. but I rather then wait for Nov 30 motor show.

the yamaha MT09, V-strom 650, or Versys 1000 are on my wish list.

I don't do Facebook, so can anybody tell me if the new system has provision for O2 sensor ?

Thanks

Does the 650 have an O2 sensor?

If yes then I would tend to think this pipe does have the threaded bung hole.

The Devil full system I had did have one. So my "guess" would be

if the Honda 650 comes with an O2 sensor the Devil will accommodate it.

LL U-Turn Shop posted this on FB

10346659_273259462855578_892191119925964

10299541_273259476188910_723085123930913

10334402_273259496188908_696920946968907

1901991_273259516188906_7041756152038902

10305040_273259539522237_561354055286961

great info mania. Thanks!

I am totally interested on this full exhaust. But couldn't find price info yet. Will call devil guys directly tomorrow.

Sure devil did a good job. More than 10 percent increase in performance.

But dyno is showing more rpm for stock pipe than devil pipe? A bit strange. And would like to see torque numbers as well.

And all I know, fuel injected engines have O2 sensor. If nothing to modify it, engine still stays in closed loop, no?

Edited by ll2

And all I know, fuel injected engines have O2 sensor. If nothing to modify it, engine still stays in closed loop, no?

Bikes have both open & closed loops

Open loop during higher throttle/rpm &

The closed loop is used during low rpm throttle settings & is what is affected by the ECU

meaning the ECU adjusts fuel mix depending on feedback from OS sensor of too rich or lean

Which in most cases is from a narrow band sensor.

As far as I understand the main reason for bypassing it when installing a

EFI controller is because you basically do not want

an argument between the EFI controllers new map & ECU

trying to make changes to that map

That is of course my over simplification of it.

This is an older article but a good read if you want

http://www.bikeboy.org/open_closed_loop_efi.html

Edited by mania

This engine "natural power" is probably like 90 HP, shouldn't be difficult once proper ECU and airbox become available.

Personally I would not fit an exhaust without the two things above, as it would do more harm than good.

Edited by paz

The RSV Sliders look good on the 650

10169284_611207352319883_389879833419581

rsv sliders not only look but also they are stronger with three mounting points. Also plastic tip makes the bike slide really

My k speed sliders is connected only to one point and have metal/plastic tips which most probably will not slide nicely as rsvp ones.

But that time no rsv sliders available and don't want to fork out another 3000 thb for sliders now. Maybe later.

By the way, got a Facebook response from devil and they say 5.5% performance increase from their full system exhaust. But no response regarding price and release date yet.

rsv sliders not only look but also they are stronger with three mounting points. Also plastic tip makes the bike slide really

My k speed sliders is connected only to one point and have metal/plastic tips which most probably will not slide nicely as rsvp ones.

But that time no rsv sliders available and don't want to fork out another 3000 thb for sliders now. Maybe later.

By the way, got a Facebook response from devil and they say 5.5% performance increase from their full system exhaust. But no response regarding price and release date yet.

Cool LL about devil yes looks like 5.5% right off & I am betting no other changes so probably more to be had.

Keep us posted on your findings about price etc.

The Devil full system I had for the baby ninja was 16,500 baht

I imagine this will be 20k or so

Yes also about RSV they do make well thought out parts

Edited by mania

Cool LL about devil yes looks like 5.5% right off & I am betting no other changes so probably more to be had.

Keep us posted on your findings about price etc.

The Devil full system I had for the baby ninja was 16,500 baht

I imagine this will be 20k or so

Yes also about RSV they do make well thought out parts

I am OK for a honest 20 k mania!

And I messaged 'Tie' the guy selling Leo Vince pipes and he said at least 5 month for Leo Vince to do something for Honda cbr650f. I assume other recognized pipe makers abroad will be the same.

So only and fastest reliable choice is Devil full system now.

Once I learn the price, will post it here.

Today went out for a ride along highway 9 and rama 2 and stopped by k speed.

Bought tank grip and aluminum swing arm spool set. Both 'Motive' brand.

Grips are 600 thb and spools are 1200 thb. Good prices really!

Grip is perfect. Now less tension on my arms and legs. It holds me well on where i am on the seat much more easier.

Spools are made of aluminum so now swingarm and rear brake caliper is protected and can use the stand much more easier.

Also rear mud guard is on the way within ten days owner of k speed said. Good news! It is needed quick as rainy season is coming and rear tire splashes a lot of mud to my back - or my gfs which is worst!

post-184955-1399974770433_thumb.jpg

post-184955-1399974788744_thumb.jpg

post-184955-1399974805497_thumb.jpg

post-184955-1399974823086_thumb.jpg

post-184955-1399974837208_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13999749042144_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13999749398202_thumb.jpg

they can fit an Ohlins steering damper to honda cbr650f now in Thailand.

But, front end is nicely planted on cbr650f and never got a wobble until now and tracks here are mostly low speed ones so does not need one at this moment but maybe later.

No info on price yet but expect something around 20 k thb including modifications.

Front end was a lot light on the border or of getting dangerous on cbr500r. cbr650f feels ten times better.

post-184955-0-22345000-1400138831_thumb.

Edited by ll2

Sprayed rearpegs with flat black last night. But it was hard to modulate the pressure of the paint with shitty a shitty rattl can so some small irregularities but still fine. I know it will not be so durable but ok for now.

Bike looks nicer now with tank grips, black rearsets and black pegs. Broke the red a bit. It should be hundred times better if honda make the swingarm and engine black as well! Hard to remove them and powdercoat them!

post-184955-14002428087651_thumb.jpg

post-184955-14002428293751_thumb.jpg

post-184955-14002428594171_thumb.jpg

post-184955-1400242898899_thumb.jpg

Edited by ll2

Finally found a mud guard for my cbr650f. Tired of having a dirty ass all the time:lol:

It is Phoenix brand 2400 thb. Bought from 320sp shop. They moved to a new place 3 km to my house.

Looks good and strong. No vibration, rattle or movement.

But had to remove the swingarm spools as mudguard does fit with it. They have fabricated another set of holders so no chance. Tried to modify the mudguard with drill but spools are thick. One or another.

Anyway will use the mudguard for only rainy season lets say 3 or 4 months and will put spools back for track days of course.

post-184955-14003172016513_thumb.jpg

post-184955-14003172188991_thumb.jpg

post-184955-14003172346664_thumb.jpg

post-184955-14003172511418_thumb.jpg

post-184955-14003172623547_thumb.jpg

Edited by ll2

Yes if you ride in the wet a mud guard is a good thing to have

after having removed the rear fender extension

I have seen many & Phoenix brand seems the best since they

support both sides making it sturdier

PS: Oh just saw you needed to remove your rear spools

I did not notice till now your swingarm does not have separate threaded eyes for spools under the swingarm eh?

Edited by mania

Yes if you ride in the wet a mud guard is a good thing to have

after having removed the rear fender extension

I have seen many & Phoenix brand seems the best since they

support both sides making it sturdier

PS: Oh just saw you needed to remove your rear spools

I did not notice till now your swingarm does not have separate threaded eyes for spools under the swingarm eh?

No mania. No separate threaded eyes.

Spools was coming with swing arm axle nut spacers/chain adjusters .

But mudguard is occupying a space so those nice spacers are becoming thick. Mudguard has its own thinner spacers coming with the package but they don't look nicely fabricated.

Well don't want to buy it but with tailtidy alone, all my back is muddy all the time even if I pass through a small mud pond sometime. And last there were road dirt on my neck and helmet which made me buy it! Also gf liked it after all those cries with muddy dresses which it is one of the rare times she liked a mod and did not ask its pricebiggrin.png

It also cuts most of the water going to the face of other riders on the road which means less curses from others to melaugh.png

Just seasonal for rainy months and spools will be back for spirited rides during sunny days and at the track.

And next? I will go for pillion cover. A Thai guy is making them if Google translation is true.

But well made and not expensive. Makes the tail a bit sharper which makes me appreciate the maker.

Ordering one soon.

post-184955-0-05831000-1400330267_thumb.

post-184955-0-08944200-1400330269_thumb.

Well don't want to buy it but with tailtidy alone, all my back is muddy all the time even if I pass through a small mud pond sometime.

Yes funny that....Tail Tidy looks great but causes a mess if wet at all smile.png

Same for me but I rarely ride wet so have not put a mudguard on

Finally found a mud guard for my cbr650f. Tired of having a dirty ass all the time:lol:

It is Phoenix brand 2400 thb. Bought from 320sp shop. They moved to a new place 3 km to my house.

Looks good and strong. No vibration, rattle or movement.

But had to remove the swingarm spools as mudguard does fit with it. They have fabricated another set of holders so no chance. Tried to modify the mudguard with drill but spools are thick. One or another.

Anyway will use the mudguard for only rainy season lets say 3 or 4 months and will put spools back for track days of course.

"Looks good"...well that's subjective.