Lite Beer

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

...did he pay or was it gratis? big difference

He paid... With the money donated to him by the protesters who sleep outside on the street laugh.png

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I think there are pictures on the web from the red leaders escaping from luxury hotels, during the 2010 protest . Escaping from the balcony with a rope and 100 supporters below, while the police was sitting in the lobby with a coffee, you will understand

coffee1.gif don't see the problem with warning the hotels they are now harbouring people with arrest warrants issued legally by the courts, time to decide for them are they going to continue to be complicit or face the consequences ?

Good move and people should ask why these leaders are in a plush hotel and not a modest one when the people are camped in tents, humility and modesty thai style ? whistling.gif

As you asked the question you must know the answer

so please tell us why

The convicted criminal is living in luxury overseas

We are all waiting to hear your answer

Really ? coffee1.gif

Topic was about the hotels and the sheltering of those with arrest warrants, its a false argument to keep referring to what another does wrong on every thread to make it seem like its ok for others do do as they wish, one transgression does not excuse others for theirs.

In other words your constant referencing back is to the majority of topics as are so many others here, irrelevant. Either you agree the law should apply to all or not, I do and as much as allowing a certain criminal to escape facing his punishment is wrong that dosnt make it ok or others to expect to avoid facing theirs, no matter the colour or support.

The law deals with things case by case it does not take into account excuses... there is a saying "Justice is blind" that is why she is blindfolded to avoid being coerced or influenced in judgement. Each case must stand on its own transgression and not subject to excuses or influence to work effectively. Thailand needs a lot more of that and a lot less of the excuses for breaking it.

"The CMPO will also press charges against any parties who continue to support PCAD financially, Mr. Tharit added."

Another clown........Is he going to prosecute all the yellow supporters that made donations on the streets?

And in which civilised country, people or organisations are prosecuted for making donations to a political party?

Let alone the hotels, and the toilets provided by the Bangkok authority.

They should have put Mr Tharit and Mr Chalerm to a lunatic asylum by now.

"And in which civilised country, people or organisations are prosecuted for making donations to a political party?"

Probably not many, but the PCAD is not a political party and they and their financial backers are contravening the emergency decree that is currently in force.

And who's to be responsible if you refuse Suthep entry to your hotel and the angry protesters start to ransack your place while labeling you a Thaksin supporter?

If this idiotic government actually grew some balls and could be trusted to enforce laws and abide by a code of ethics of some sort then the community wouldn't have to be in this position to chose sides and risk their livelihoods at the hands of stupidity.

It is not a hotels business to discriminate those who buys their rooms for the night,

if they do not cause a disturbance to other guests.

It is also not a hotels business to snitch on guests who might be wanted for something,

Don't you feel sorry for these protest leaders having to slum it in such dives as the Intercontinental and the Dusit Thani? So degrading.

Surely it would make more sense to stay in a smaller hotel where at least you can climb out of the third floor balcony with a total lack of dignity while the useless police are watching you and people take photos of your fat ar** while you are doing it....

Dusit Thani Hotel and Intercontinental Hotel, harboring anti democratic terrorists with arrest warrants for murder.... great headline.

<sarcasm> really smart move by the executive directors of these hotels </sarcasm> if they dont get criminal charges brought against them, they at the very least should be sacked.

If they are farang then could find themselves deported.

Dusit Thani Hotel and Intercontinental Hotel, harboring anti democratic terrorists with arrest warrants for murder.... great headline.

<sarcasm> really smart move by the executive directors of these hotels </sarcasm> if they dont get criminal charges brought against them, they at the very least should be sacked.

If they are farang then could find themselves deported.

If they have a farang general manager, he is probably legging it to the airport right now.

I can just imagine them serving him up sacrifice.

I have heard that in 2010 Dusit Thani was known for being a "red shirt" hotel. Supposedly many of the red leaders stayed there. Change of heart (color) for management, of just hedging bets for the future?

As with most businesses, it's the "green" that makes the difference.

Both the land is owned the by the RCPB which makes it a very save place for Suthep to stay.

Not in either case....Dusit Thani is private land and you are thinking of the old intercon (Siam intercon, now demolished)

Actually it is not. The DusiThani is leased land and as the corporate website shows has a problem because its landlord...the Crown Property Bureau wants to increase the rent in its new lease.

• Like 1

It is not a hotels business to discriminate those who buys their rooms for the night,

if they do not cause a disturbance to other guests.

It is also not a hotels business to snitch on guests who might be wanted for something,

Don't you feel sorry for these protest leaders having to slum it in such dives as the Intercontinental and the Dusit Thani? So degrading.

Surely it would make more sense to stay in a smaller hotel where at least you can climb out of the third floor balcony with a total lack of dignity while the useless police are watching you and people take photos of your fat ar** while you are doing it....

Good point, and were the owners of this smaller hotel, very well known as a red shirt / udd meeting place / stronghold, then and now, ever summonsed to explain themselves? Were their bank accounts frozen?

coffee1.gif don't see the problem with warning the hotels they are now harbouring people with arrest warrants issued legally by the courts, time to decide for them are they going to continue to be complicit or face the consequences ?

Good move and people should ask why these leaders are in a plush hotel and not a modest one when the people are camped in tents, humility and modesty thai style ? whistling.gif

As you asked the question you must know the answer

so please tell us why

The convicted criminal is living in luxury overseas

We are all waiting to hear your answer

Really ? coffee1.gif

Topic was about the hotels and the sheltering of those with arrest warrants, its a false argument to keep referring to what another does wrong on every thread to make it seem like its ok for others do do as they wish, one transgression does not excuse others for theirs.

In other words your constant referencing back is to the majority of topics as are so many others here, irrelevant. Either you agree the law should apply to all or not, I do and as much as allowing a certain criminal to escape facing his punishment is wrong that dosnt make it ok or others to expect to avoid facing theirs, no matter the colour or support.

The law deals with things case by case it does not take into account excuses... there is a saying "Justice is blind" that is why she is blindfolded to avoid being coerced or influenced in judgement. Each case must stand on its own transgression and not subject to excuses or influence to work effectively. Thailand needs a lot more of that and a lot less of the excuses for breaking it.

You are contradicting yourself. You say that "justice is blind", the "law should apply to all" and should not be subject to "excuses or influence". However, the government's sheltering of Thaksin while simultaneously persecuting Suthep clearly demonstrates selective application of justice - against the government's political enemies.

This is not "blind justice" it is tyranny.

I fail to see what laws the hotels or their executives are breaking for letting people rent their rooms.

It is not the same as harboring a fugitive because Suthep has not been sentenced by any courts only arrest warrants.

Of course Thaksin is a wanted criminal found guilty by both the NACC and several courts so aren't Dubai, Montenegro and Cambodia guilty of harboring a known fugitive?

After a little Google on Thaksin i found out. He is now free to travel on his own passport to almost any country in the world. He have been in US, he alternate between England and Dubai, he has been in Germany, France, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Singapore, Hong Kong, China, Cambodia, Vietnam, Australia just to mention some, furthermore visiting this countries after his conviction in Thailand. After a little more Google BBC, New Y Post and others i also found out that most countries are looking at his sentence in a political context, and he have never been on the Interpol list of wanted persons, because according to Interpol he do not meet the criteria for being there. So please correct me if i am wrong anybody, or has the so called man from Dubai, bought off Interpol as well. The more i read about the problems in Thailand these days, it some how comes down to one man alone, the so called man from Dubai. I find all the accusations, in most or many cases unproven, hard to believe. As i understand it, the amnesty law, the now caretaker government, tried to pass would have also included the murder charges on former prime minister Abhisit and his nr 2 Suthep, many people seems to forget this this fact. So much hatred, and so much name calling in Thai Visa forums these days. If one disagree with somebody politically, you are an idiot or worse, and it is not even our country. I would be happy with more facts on the table and less allegations and speculations and feelings. After all if a lie are spread repeatedly, in the end it becomes the truth.

"The CMPO will also press charges against any parties who continue to support PCAD financially, Mr. Tharit added."

Another clown........Is he going to prosecute all the yellow supporters that made donations on the streets?

And in which civilised country, people or organisations are prosecuted for making donations to a political party?

By what stretch of the imagination is PCAD a political party. Are they certified and licensed as a political party? If the hotels are are offering free rooms to them, they are breaking the law, just as much as the street people for making cash donations to a group of insurrectionists.

I don't feel that offering toilet use falls in the same category as hotel rooms and cash.

Tharit and Chalerm are enforcing the law. This does not make them lunatics.

Unfortunately they chose to only enforce which laws they want to, and on which people they decide. Lunatics they are not. Plenty of other suitable adjectives to choose from.

In any country in the world you would be prosecuted if you support anyone who is wanted by the court, there are arrest warrants for 19 PDAC members and one for Suthep, so it is a very normal procedure, and NO, there would not be anyone prosecuted , same as in any civilized country, but if you give shelter or financial support to organisations or individuals with an arrest warrant on them, YES in any country you would be prosecuted .

And if there is one person in the entire world right now to be put in a lunatic asylum , than it is your loverboy Mr SUTHEP.

We're not in any country, and national laws vary from country to country. So what you are doing is applying laws you are used to because that is your culture.

You're not Thai, so don't apply laws outside of Thailand - this is the whole point that MOST farangs seem to forget.

David Ikke is it? 555

I fail to see what laws the hotels or their executives are breaking for letting people rent their rooms.

It is not the same as harboring a fugitive because Suthep has not been sentenced by any courts only arrest warrants.

Of course Thaksin is a wanted criminal found guilty by both the NACC and several courts so aren't Dubai, Montenegro and Cambodia guilty of harboring a known fugitive?

After a little Google on Thaksin i found out. He is now free to travel on his own passport to almost any country in the world. He have been in US, he alternate between England and Dubai, he has been in Germany, France, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Singapore, Hong Kong, China, Cambodia, Vietnam, Australia just to mention some, furthermore visiting this countries after his conviction in Thailand. After a little more Google BBC, New Y Post and others i also found out that most countries are looking at his sentence in a political context, and he have never been on the Interpol list of wanted persons, because according to Interpol he do not meet the criteria for being there. So please correct me if i am wrong anybody, or has the so called man from Dubai, bought off Interpol as well. The more i read about the problems in Thailand these days, it some how comes down to one man alone, the so called man from Dubai. I find all the accusations, in most or many cases unproven, hard to believe. As i understand it, the amnesty law, the now caretaker government, tried to pass would have also included the murder charges on former prime minister Abhisit and his nr 2 Suthep, many people seems to forget this this fact. So much hatred, and so much name calling in Thai Visa forums these days. If one disagree with somebody politically, you are an idiot or worse, and it is not even our country. I would be happy with more facts on the table and less allegations and speculations and feelings. After all if a lie are spread repeatedly, in the end it becomes the truth.

More rehash / rewrite trying to build a positive perception for the paymaster.

But you forgot one usual item from these rewrites / attempts at positive perception. You forget to mention that the case where he was (according to his 'supporters') convicted and sentenced to 2 years jail was politically motivated.

Further, are you saying that because the amnesty, if it has been passed, would have absolved abhisit and suthep it therefore should have been allowed to pass?

Edited by scorecard

Didn't Suthep say he was sleeping on the streets for months with his brothers and sisters? Turns out he's staying in a hotel while his followers are sleeping on the streets?

Hah!

Didn't Thaksin back in 2010 say thet he would be in Thaailand once the first shot was fired at the Red Shirts?

When the shots were fired, where was he?

Shopping in Paris with his family.

Has he returned to Thailand since he fled justice?

Suthep is still in Thailand with all sorts of (politically motivated) cases against him including allegations of murder.

Hah!!! back to you.

Didn't Suthep say he was sleeping on the streets for months with his brothers and sisters? Turns out he's staying in a hotel while his followers are sleeping on the streets?

Hah!

Revolution with room service. I would have expected nothing less. I don't think he'll be too concerned about starving children.

Notice how it didn't take long for the usual suspects to appear with their favourite words "caretaker" and " where's yer proof"........

..attachicon.gifimage.jpg

.........the fact that Suthep is wanted on charges of treason and murder is reason enough for these 5 star hotels not to be sheltering him. The fact that he has single handedly ruined the Bangkok tourist industry makes it bizarre. I suspect that the shareholders of these hotels will have something to say when they see the figures for the first quarter of 2014.

What is your hangup with the truth.

Simple question and easy enough for even you to answer.

Is the current PTP party a full operating government or a caretaker one.

Yes or no?

Where does Thaksin sleep as a fugitive?

In a tent in a desert perhaps?

Or does he fly around the world in HIS private jet staying in 5 star hotels instead of being in jail with other CONVICTED criminals?

Next steps will be:

- "Question" all food stalls that sell their wares to these criminals;

- "Question" all public transport companies who sell them tickets;

- "Question" all TV channels that show soap operas enjoyed by PDRC "insurgents"

This pathetic government is getting more desperate by the day.

It all seemed no problem at all in 2010 when certain hotels harbored certain red shirt leaders in their luxuriously appointed rooms (just kidding) from which they could comfortably abseil if the need arose (and didn't settle their accumulated bills).

Well, the PDRC has been selling "shop spots" to street vendors on a daily basis. They walk up and down Sukhumvit walking street every day collecting the fees for shop stalls - which are built on PUBLIC roads.

That must make a change from the police doing it then on PUBLIC roads or is that just another double standard?

Its great to watch the evolution of the red PT BS on these pages.

From an OP of :

A number of core leaders of the People′s Committee for Absolute Democracy With the King As Head of State (PCAD), including Mr. Suthep Thaugsuban, are said to have stayed nightly at the 2 hotels as they took the break from anti-government rallies nearby.

A completely unproven allegation, we have Suthep staying in luxury while protesters freeze in the streets among other silliness and a rehash of anything they can find that might possibly be used against Suthep.

Then we see a similar thing on the other topic of a land sale based on an undated unsigned document which a convicted criminal PT spokesman says was issued by a department that was closed.

They do go to extraordinary lengths to vilify don't they.

Maybe one of the criminal yellow thugs stole a bathrobe from the Dusit Thani and gave it to his master... But, ... to me it looks like Suthep is enjoying the Dusit Thani quite much whistling.gif

1662483_715710125126021_1662302969_n.jpg

• Like 1

Its great to watch the evolution of the red PT BS on these pages.

From an OP of :

A number of core leaders of the People′s Committee for Absolute Democracy With the King As Head of State (PCAD), including Mr. Suthep Thaugsuban, are said to have stayed nightly at the 2 hotels as they took the break from anti-government rallies nearby.

A completely unproven allegation, we have Suthep staying in luxury while protesters freeze in the streets among other silliness and a rehash of anything they can find that might possibly be used against Suthep.

Then we see a similar thing on the other topic of a land sale based on an undated unsigned document which a convicted criminal PT spokesman says was issued by a department that was closed.

They do go to extraordinary lengths to vilify don't they.

Maybe one of the criminal yellow thugs stole a bathrobe from the Dusit Thani and gave it to his master... But, ... to me it looks like Suthep is enjoying the Dusit Thani quite much whistling.gif

1662483_715710125126021_1662302969_n.jpg

Posted in your usual inimitable style gerry.

Perhaps Suthep was relaxing in his paid for room after a shower and sat for a photo with a friend. However unlike the Red Shirt thug Mr Arsonisaman who was pictured leaving SC Park hotel by a window and rope, Mr Suthep will no doubt check out when he's ready or when and IF he's escorted out by a few of Chalerm's thugs. Nice robe Sooty.