Newlyweds sue Thailand hotel after bride falls ill with salmonella on luxury £10,000 honeymoon

Lite Beer

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worms in the pool & new food stacked on old plates?

I find that hard to believe.

Unless they only ate in that hotel, they will have a hard time proving she got food poisoning there.

Could have been from anywhere they ate...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

True. I got a really bad dose of the squits from eating market food in Hong Kong ... Luckily, I always carry Imodium when I travel.

Could have been anywhere ...

• Like 1

"The couple claim they saw worm-like creatures in the swimming pools and fresh food being piled on top of old dishes at the luxury resort".

Then why in the world they said nothing and kept eating the food?

Salmonella infection has generally an incubation period of 8 to 24 hours, sometimes it goes up to three days. It is going to be really hard to prove that the infection was contracted at the Hotel.

A parasite cleanse could help though.

Edited by doremifasol
  • Like 1

Newlyweds sue Thailand hotel after bride falls ill with salmonella on luxury £10,000 honeymoon

A newly married couple are suing a four-star hotel after the bride fell violently ill and was hospitalised after contracting a serious infection while on their dream honeymoon in Asia.

Paul, 36, and Xanta Watts, from Kettering, Northamptonshire, spent £10,000 on a three-week tour of Hong Kong, Singapore and Thailand - where the bride started to feel unwell.

While staying at a four-star resort on Koh Yao Noi Island near Phuket, Xanta, 29, suffered diarrhoea, vomiting and severe stomach cramps.

She fell violently ill and was hospitalised for seven days after contracting Paratyphoid - a disease caused by the salmonella bacteria - diagnosed when she returned to the UK.

The couple claim they saw worm-like creatures in the swimming pools and fresh food being piled on top of old dishes at the luxury resort.

The disease is commonly caused by eating contaminated food and water.

The Watts are now taking legal action against the resort and tour operator after their ‘honeymoon from hell’.

Care worker Xanta, said: ‘We were devastated that our so called luxury holiday was completely ruined.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-2637195/Newlyweds-sue-Thailand-hotel-Kuoni-bride-falls-ill-salmonella-luxury-10-000-honeymoon.html

Mail Online: 2014-05-23

Scambolicious gitty-brits really need to wash their hands more.

"Sometimes, 'fuggedabowdit' just means fuggedabowdit. . . . "

Well to be honest, last week the mrs and me contracted a stomach bug after we enjoyed a buffet at Le Meridian here in Bangkok. So what does that tell you?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Cheese! There are serious problems here -- wonderful people at risk, some losing income and worried about their children, some hiding because of their alliances, some strutting about because of the power of their friends....most just trying to get on with getting along....

And I am supposed to care about some posh wench that got dysentery from having a honeymoon in Asia?

No. The paper I flushed this morning is more relevant (and softer too).

Edited by FangFerang

Good luck on the suit. Take the fight to the internet and blogging instead. Better results and maybe you'll get a free meal for your next anniversary from hell!

Your best bet will be to muddy the name of said hotel in any forum possible,

you won't get any money out of it but you'll get a lot of just satisfaction...

Luxury holiday ?

It's a 4 star hotel in a developing world country. cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

If you want first world hygiene in a luxury hotel it doesn't cost 3000 Baht per night. blink.png Stay in Europe and pay for it and for gawd sake don't eat food if you think it's not safe.

• Like 2

Not trying to sound silly, but the headline read, "Newlyweds sue Thailand hotel after bride falls ill with s"

I was intrigued, it could have been many other things that start with "S" which would have made for a far more or less shocking or outrageous article.

More:

SARS

Scarlet Fever

Syphilis

Less:

Shingles

Sciatica

Scurvy

All sorts of other outcomes I suppose. Takes the mind off of coups etc. though the guy now has martial plus marital law to make life different than it was before all of this!

Some people like to always blame others for their own stupid mistakes, and in this case try and scam the "luxury" hotel as well. If the food is shi**y then "smart" people eat elsewhere, and if the swimming pool has turds floating in it then stay out.

By the way, how many other guests got ill? None I hear you say. Case dismissed.

Edited by Hawk

pedro01

Posted Today, 16:31

xstar_big.png.pagespeed.ic.zb7cgAQhuy.pn

POPULAR

Worms in the pool & new food stacked on old plates?

I find that hard to believe.

Unless they only ate in that hotel, they will have a hard time proving she got food poisoning there.

Could have been from anywhere they ate...

Could have been from something she touched that was contaminated by someone not washing their hands and then she didn't wash her hands. Not sure she has a case
  • Like 1

gawd i wish i could successfully sue for every time ive had the spreads here!

.....if i could id have enough money to go to a more exclusive country and get the spreads there.........cos like bacteria only comes from 3rd world places, right?

• Like 1

Seems like that is more than the usual runs, typhoid means there was s*it contaminating the food. A buddy caught a bad case in a hotel in Bkk, doc said there must've been s*it purposely added to the food as otherwise it would not survive cooking. Play it safe and eat where the locals eat.

In 6 years I have only ever had serious squits here once and it was from my Sister-in-law feeding me undercooked Mussels. Never had a problem at any place outside.

Could the wormy things in the water have been Mosquito Larvae ? Of course they should not live in the water if their is sufficient chlorine in but after a torrential downpour it is possible.

They have little or no chance winning a law suit and the way they have handled it has not helped them. Going to the big press without good negotiation first will just get the back up of the hotel owner. Why should the hotel owner be responsible for the cost of their flights and the time they already enjoyed in Hong Kong and Singapore? I think it's a lost case and my advice is that they need to be careful if they set foot here again, as a counter law suit could await them.

• Like 1