Thaksin tells Pheu Thai, red-shirt leaders not to join birthday party

Lite Beer

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Could be a face save for the red leaders that are in Thailand for the general wont let them go anyway.

My thought exactly.

Telling a bunch of people that cannot go to his birthday party to errrr... Not go to his birthday party.

Guess if that makes him feel like he is still in control...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by pedro01
  • Like 2

And the elite supporters' flame fest begins...

Which elite. The PTP elite or the DEM elite?

Don't have to pretend djjamie. You know exactly who I mean.

• Like 1

Well, I think something completely obvious might happen. Yingluck will come back, face the music she orchestrated, and become the Thai Aung San Suu Kyi in prison...you can't kill a martyr....and if she died in prison -- WORSE.

The fat lady is not singing yet.

No kidding. Expect it.

w00t.gif

If Yingluck ever dreamed of being the Aung San Suu Kyi of Thailand, perhaps on her return (?) the junta could oblige by placing her under house arrest at her Lad Phrao house and tell her to emerge 20 years later with a flower in her hair.Of course, 20 years without internet, Facebook, Skype or phones.

I can see it now.

and no dave lee travis on the bbc world service anymore!

A number of posts and replies have been removed.

7) Respect fellow members by posting in a civil manner: do not launch personal attacks, or be hateful or insulting towards other members, ie No flaming

lets be honest he couldnt give a fidge about these lowly yobs..they were only his foot soldiers .do you think he wants loso,s hanging around in paris..he has dumped them big style now..games over..

Or he could be sulking now that he is out on his ear and doesn't want to listen to any phony so sorry.

He has lost face and prefers to hide.

Actually this could have been a deal brokered between the Junta and thaksin.... Don't invite PTP or any Reds Shirts and we will let your sister leave the country.

So you are saying the junta are making deals with a known fugitive criminal? (insert many more descriptive nasty words here)

The democratically elected government seem to have done that so why not.

To be honest there are so any possibilities but at the moment we don't really know.

It's possible Thaksin really is worried it would upset the junta and he still has many family members here some of whom would have a lot of inside information which he'd rather they didn't tell.

I had to laugh at him making a deal with the government until I read your idea.

It has a lot of merit in it.wai.gif

• Like 1

Well saying publicly he does not want them to go saves losing face when he is Billy No Mates at his own party with just him and Yingluck playing musical chairs.

Do people even celebrate birthdays anymore after about 10 years old?

Only those who have to try to prove they are something special by throwing lavish doo's for photo op's, an attention getting thing by the insecure.

You two obviously don't have any kids.

Actually this could have been a deal brokered between the Junta and thaksin.... Don't invite PTP or any Reds Shirts and we will let your sister leave the country.

So you are saying the junta are making deals with a known fugitive criminal? (insert many more descriptive nasty words here)

No

Edited by metisdead
Quoted post has been edited to remove font changes.
  • Like 1

Prominent Thaksin backers told not to attend his party
OLAN LERTRUDTANADUMRONGKUL
KHANITTHA THEPPHAJORN
THE NATION

BANGKOK: -- FUGITIVE ex-prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra advised red shirt leaders and former Pheu Thai Party MPs not to attend his 65th birthday celebration in Paris on Saturday, saying he did not want them to be subjected to junta scrutiny. A party source said Thaksin said he wanted to mark the occasion with close family members only.

Thaksin's younger sisters Yaowapa Wongsawat, and Yingluck are expected to attend the party, along with Khunying Potjaman Na Pombejra, his ex-wife. Yingluck's chance of attending the event got a boost when she got a green light from the junta to leave the country.

The National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) has requested that the Office of the Attorney-General indict her for dereliction of duty after it ruled that she had failed to stop huge losses in the rice-pledging scheme.

Anti-corruption networks have thrown their weight behind a |proposal to issue a law that would prevent people being investigated for corruption from escaping prosecution by leaving the country, but others fear it may violate international human rights laws.

National Anti-Corruption Commissioner Vicha Mahakun proposed the idea at a reform panel at Thammasat University.

Mana Nimimongkol, director of the Anti Corruption Network, sat on the reform panel and expressed confidence the law would help prevent corrupt officials from escaping justice.

The proposal follows Yingluck's request to the National Council for Peace and Order that she be allowed to take her son on a European trip from yesterday until August 10.

Yingluck's request sparked hot debate when the NACC subsequently requested that the Office of the Attorney-General indict her.

The NCPO initially said she could leave the country because she had co-operated with it by refraining from activities she was barred from doing.

However, after the NACC ruled that she must be indicted for her role in the rice-pledging scheme, the NCPO said the decision on whether she could leave the country would rest with the Attorney General and the courts.

There are concerns Yingluck would follow in the footsteps of Thaksin, who fled the country to avoid a two-year jail term for abuse of power relating to an illegal land purchase.

National Human Rights Commission member Dr Nirand Pitakwatchara said several politicians had escaped prosecution by fleeing the country.

Human rights activist Somchai Homlaor believed the proposed ban would create more adverse impacts than advantages because in 1997 the country signed International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights agreements in which it gave an undertaking that citizens had the right to relocate and leave the country.

"Even though the 2007 Constitution has been cancelled, the country is bound to comply with the ICCPR regulations," he said.

He said the decision on who could leave the country should rest with the courts and not the NACC.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Prominent-Thaksin-backers-told-not-to-attend-his-p-30239021.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-07-21

Also, had they all got together, the media would have been all over it, and the Junta would have likely rejected all applications to travel seeing as almost everyone in that clan need to seek permission from the Junta to leave.

I think that's too much conspiracy theory. The guy at 65 knows he lost his powergame to return to Thailand as the long lost champion of the masses. All his strategies failed. Even the terror thing and burning BKK threat.

Now he seems to be taking his big losses. He will continue living the rich life and he will be missing Thailand till his last breath. I cannot imagine he wil be a happy person, despite his billions.

• Like 2

I'll let you guys workout if it's a conspiracy or a slap in the face of his old mates cohorts.

I am more interested in the birthday cake! What does a criminal ex-PM on the run have in the way of a birthday cake?

Being in Paris it could be 'très grande'.

Also, had they all got together, the media would have been all over it, and the Junta would have likely rejected all applications to travel seeing as almost everyone in that clan need to seek permission from the Junta to leave.

I think that's too much conspiracy theory. The guy at 65 knows he lost his powergame to return to Thailand as the long lost champion of the masses. All his strategies failed. Even the terror thing and burning BKK threat.

Now he seems to be taking his big losses. He will continue living the rich life and he will be missing Thailand till his last breath. I cannot imagine he wil be a happy person, despite his billions.

I'd bet it was a deal worked out with the junta. Makes perfect sense. Pretty much what they've been doing lately anyway with the various red shirt leaders and politicians.

Thaksin will never give up. It's all about "face". He's just laying low until a new government is elected. Then he'll be back full force. Causing as much mayhem as he can.

• Like 1

Well, I think something completely obvious might happen. Yingluck will come back, face the music she orchestrated, and become the Thai Aung San Suu Kyi in prison...you can't kill a martyr....and if she died in prison -- WORSE.

No kidding. Expect it.

w00t.gif

Will only happen when the person is selfless, like in the song of Elton John 'Sacrifice'.

Three years in power and we had seen the exact opposite.

I hope he has a happy birthday, and uses that important occasion and opportunity to reflect upon his life and the impact it had on the people he insists he loves and wants to help.

Naw....

As in me, myself and I.

"There is only one thing worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about"

Noel Shinawatra.

or

Thaksin Coward.

Pick one.

Well considering that Noel is another name for Christmas and The Shin has never bought good any cheer, Thaksin Coward sounds about right.

• Like 1

I'm not so sure, IIRC there were strong rumours a year-or-so-ago that he was talking to the military, via back-channels ?

On a separate angle, wonder why he's holding the party in Paris, rather than where his home is in Dubai ? Could those rumours, of the welcome-mat being rolled-up, have had some substance ?

Lastly I wonder how many red-shirt leaders would have gone, could low numbers have been part of the problem, a ticket to Paris costs more than to Singapore or Hong Kong?

Whatever, the former-PM has now reached normal retirement-age, time for him to spend more time with his family & looking after his other business interests, rather than trying to regain his former job ?

Edited by Ricardo

No kidding. Expect it.

w00t.gif

You are dreaming, Yingluck has neither the character or moral fortitude and it is an affront to compare her with Aung,San Sui Kyu. Even in Thailand prisons do not have shopping Malls.

• Like 2