Ford Everest - All New 2015

Barontt

Well, anyone can see the new Everest now - and it's available for immediate bookings (unlike the minor change Ranger) smile.png

The range starts out with Titanium level spec only ATM - so all versions are well equipped with leather seats, 6 airbags, traction & stability control, auto headlamps, auto windshield wipers, 8" touch screen with SYNC, dual zone climate control with rear AC, cruise control and power windows/mirrors/locks.

1.27M Gets you the 2.2L Titanium 6AT 2WD (now uprated to 160HP)

1.46M Changes the 2.2L for the 200HP 3.2L and adds 4WD

1.60M Gets the top-spec 3.2L 4WD Titanium+ model, which adds moon roof, power folding 3rd row seats, power tailgate door, reversing camera & sensors, headlamp washers, park assist, and a few little interior accessories.

Can't get the 3.2 in 2WD?

Nope: http://www.ford.co.th/en/suvs/all-new-everest/specification/spec-data

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is the top model 3.2 really worth the extra premium over the basic 3.2? I just see the reversing camera I'd really want (don't need a moon roof in LoS). Chipping the 2.2, like IMHO said, would seem viable if 4wd was not required. But how will the everest stack up against the new fortuner when it arrives? Any specs on that?

there is a new fortuner? when where ? lol

At the beginning of this year, the rumors were a mid-year release, but release dates for the new Vigo/Tuna have been very slippery for a couple of years now, so you might not want to hold your breath :)

Is the top model 3.2 really worth the extra premium over the basic 3.2? I just see the reversing camera I'd really want (don't need a moon roof in LoS). Chipping the 2.2, like IMHO said, would seem viable if 4wd was not required. But how will the everest stack up against the new fortuner when it arrives? Any specs on that?

You don't like the bigger wheels, better headlights & DRL?

I would go the extra 10% if I were getting one.

Well, anyone can see the new Everest now - and it's available for immediate bookings (unlike the minor change Ranger) smile.png

The range starts out with Titanium level spec only ATM - so all versions are well equipped with leather seats, 6 airbags, traction & stability control, auto headlamps, auto windshield wipers, 8" touch screen with SYNC, dual zone climate control with rear AC, cruise control and power windows/mirrors/locks.

1.27M Gets you the 2.2L Titanium 6AT 2WD (now uprated to 160HP)

1.46M Changes the 2.2L for the 200HP 3.2L and adds 4WD

1.60M Gets the top-spec 3.2L 4WD Titanium+ model, which adds moon roof, power folding 3rd row seats, power tailgate door, reversing camera & sensors, headlamp washers, park assist, and a few little interior accessories.

Can't get the 3.2 in 2WD?

Nope: http://www.ford.co.th/en/suvs/all-new-everest/specification/spec-data

That blows, would that be because the would need another transmission?

I wonder how the gear ratios compare.

I'm guessing the 2.2 turns a lot faster.

Those can all be changed with aftermarket products. I'd also want to know the ride quality on 20" compared to 18" as well.

I do have to admit that 10% is small price to pay to avoid buyer's remorse - especially when the minor change comes out and some of the lower models then get some Titanium+ bits wink.png

Jokes aside though, I wouldn't let my wife drive an SUV without reversing sensors + camera, so If I was shopping at this level, the Titanium+ it would have to be.

Edited by IMHO

I do have to admit that 10% is small price to pay to avoid buyer's remorse - especially when the minor change comes out and some of the lower models then get some Titanium+ bits wink.png

Jokes aside though, I wouldn't let my wife drive an SUV without reversing sensors + camera, so If I was shopping at this level, the Titanium+ it would have to be.

Sorry to say i've gotten used to the camera. They have gotten much better too. First one I had was useless.

I can remember when I thought air conditioning and power windows were stupid. Now I get annoyed when I have to adjust the AC and hold the window button until the window is all the way down.

Sorry to say i've gotten used to the camera. They have gotten much better too. First one I had was useless.

I can remember when I thought air conditioning and power windows were stupid. Now I get annoyed when I have to adjust the AC and hold the window button until the window is all the way down.

you have to hold the window button to make it go all the way down? what are you driving?

you have to hold the window button to make it go all the way down? what are you driving?

Only when I'm in a rental...

Was the the Bangkok Motor Show Ford section at about 6pm today. Still a long queu to see the new Everest. Salesperson told me that they already have 500 orders. She stated that they are scheduled to start delivery in August.

Was the the Bangkok Motor Show Ford section at about 6pm today. Still a long queu to see the new Everest. Salesperson told me that they already have 500 orders. She stated that they are scheduled to start delivery in August.

Did she mention what year? :P

Did she mention what year? tongue.png

I think tuna drivers cannot wait anymore and have just resigned themselves to the new everest for the next few years until toyo decides to actually produce a new model....

I think tuna drivers cannot wait anymore and have just resigned themselves to the new everest for the next few years until toyo decides to actually produce a new model....

I wonder what's going to happen with the orders that spill over to next year, when the excise tax on the 3.2L increases from 20% to 30%.... and the 2.2L from 20% to 25%

Edited by IMHO

I wonder what's going to happen with the orders that spill over to next year, when the excise tax on the 3.2L increases from 20% to 30%.... and the 2.2L from 20% to 25%

Probably same thing that happens to all Thai auto consumers...they will take it in the shorts. Unless Toyota has finally sucked the last bit of cash out of their old Tuna cash cow, and finally comes up with that new model with a competitive price.

Probably same thing that happens to all Thai auto consumers...they will take it in the shorts. Unless Toyota has finally sucked the last bit of cash out of their old Tuna cash cow, and finally comes up with that new model with a competitive price.

Competitive price? Toyota? Fortuner? All in the one sentence? :D

Thought the new Tuna was ready to roll ??

post-42643-0-12449800-1427669374_thumb.j

attachicon.gif2015 toyota Fortuner.jpg

crv with a tuna badge on it?

attachicon.gif2015 toyota Fortuner.jpg

That's a Kluger production line :)

I would not be too concerned about many Toyota customers jumping the fence to buy Fords.

Besides, as long as there is no new model out, the old model is fine.

I would not be too concerned about many Toyota customers jumping the fence to buy Fords.

Admittedly, Ford have now taken ~800 bookings for the Everest at the show, but that's still only around 1/3rd of a normal month of Tuna sales. The show's not over yet though....

Admittedly, Ford have now taken ~800 bookings for the Everest at the show, but that's still only around 1/3rd of a normal month of Tuna sales. The show's not over yet though....

Is it my imagination or do you think the new Ford Thailand MD (Vickie-Thai young (early 40s) female) has shaken things up in Thailand? She was former GM and Minor group and seems to be on a mission.

Edited by keemapoot

Is it my imagination or do you think the new Ford Thailand MD (Vickie-Thai young (early 40s) female) has shaken things up in Thailand? She was former GM and Minor group and seems to be on a mission.

New ?

She has been MD for 2 years 7 months.

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/yukontorn-vickie-wisadkosin/1a/b2a/614

Relatively new, at least in terms of big changes. But true, not new.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

New ?

She has been MD for 2 years 7 months.

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/yukontorn-vickie-wisadkosin/1a/b2a/614

Relatively new, at least in terms of big changes. But true, not new.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Early 40s is not new at all.

Went today ... were first to the stand when it opened. It does look good and the seats are so nice to sit in, they are as comfy as they look good ... could drive all day in those seats.

As someone said earlier it's seems way ahead of the competition, puts the MU-X to shame.

Wonder what the ride is like ... if it's as good as it looks it will be a winner.

Can you tell me approx. how much extra that will be on the models ... madam is now saying 'it was quite nice wasn't it!' should have asked if there was a demo vehicle there ... it's only a few minutes from where we live so maybe have to go again.

Maybe also have to find a local dealership and ask what day they will be there, or will all the dealerships be there every day.