Ford Everest - All New 2015

Barontt

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone have the answer as to how the price is made up ... just want to know how much more it will be next year.

Also who has ordered the T+ ... what was the offer please?

It's very hard to say... for all we know, the tax increase might already be priced in (but that's not so likely), or prices could rise anywhere from 100K to 200K+ next year.

Be nice if they put the Gear selector back where it belongs , on the steering column, like many American Trucks....Leaving space for at least 3more Chang Holders and plenty Big Macks in the center thingy.coffee1.gif

Thais love the srick on the column - they can hang their gag of coke from itlaugh.png

But seriously that reminds me of my dads "3 on the tree" on his 1971 xy falcon. Until he got a conversion kit and got a floor shifter. That was so much nicer.

Be nice if they put the Gear selector back where it belongs , on the steering column, like many American Trucks....Leaving space for at least 3more Chang Holders and plenty Big Macks in the center thingy.coffee1.gif

Ace, would you also like the old style handle under the dash for the emergency brake?

Ace, would you also like the old style handle under the dash for the emergency brake?

Hell no, Ace is so old, he still longs for the floor starter button. tongue.png

Don't crap in your own nest mate - the Nissan Teana has one of those :)

Don't crap in your own nest mate - the Nissan Teana has one of those :)

I don't drive a Tina, was just in the back of a Camry in vase you are interested lol

back to the everest, any of our esteemed members order one?

Yep the T+

What's the delivery date promised?

Actually James, no idea. We will get about two weeks notice!! We were late going to the show as I didn't have any intention of buying anything. (So blame this on Crossy who asked me to look at it!) We were quite impressed when we did ... It's very unfortunate that the options we wanted were only on the T+ ... Ford obvious worked that out! Reversing camera only on that model...strange.

Deliveries commence July/Aug BUT he has to find me one. If it drags into next year with the expected Tax rise (based on engine size and CO2 emissions) I might think again. There are some 2.2's still available and I did consider booking both ... but decided not to as some of the options, only available on the T+, will help an aged person like myself and most definitely madam. The passengers seat is electrically operated, the same as the drivers seat ... what we have now, the passenger seat is manual and nowhere near as comfy as the drivers seat ... won't adjust the same.

To be honest the top spec model in any range is always the best, you just have to accept the extra price.

He said demo model same time as first deliveries. Offers vary from dealer to dealer. As with any new model, that is sold out, there isn't much going.

That's it ... might wander there again later in the week ... bought some stuff from Meguires again this year (being after their polisher attachment that fits into an electrical drill for a year now), that was even out of stock in the UK. She remembered me from last year (wonder why!)... managed to get a few little extras thrown into the bag again along with a bit of extra discount on what I bought. Give their free coffee a miss ... it was just as bad as last year ... tastes like unwashed Chivet stuff

Edited by JAS21

electrically operated seats....... can never understand why ?

​My present car I bought in Aug 2008, I adjusted to how I wanted [ OK I play about a bit as electrically operated] but since the 1st week have never used again. the car was 2nd hand so did not have to pay extra...

Same to me, with these cars with parking assist/sensors why, if you can't reverse should you even be driving ? maybe 2 or 3 days to get used to the size of car/truck but is it something that people would use everyday ? [maybe a little unfair as from age 21 drove both 38 ton trucks, Double decker Buses and Coaches all over Europe for many years]

My Uncle had a number of M.B. and there system was good in his later life, steering wheel went up out of way and seat went back when parking, [lot easier for him to get out] returning to car the seat and steeling wheel went back to his programmed setting

electrically operated seats....... can never understand why ?

​My present car I bought in Aug 2008, I adjusted to how I wanted [ OK I play about a bit as electrically operated] but since the 1st week have never used again. the car was 2nd hand so did not have to pay extra...

Same to me, with these cars with parking assist/sensors why, if you can't reverse should you even be driving ? maybe 2 or 3 days to get used to the size of car/truck but is it something that people would use everyday ? [maybe a little unfair as from age 21 drove both 38 ton trucks, Double decker Buses and Coaches all over Europe for many years]

My Uncle had a number of M.B. and there system was good in his later life, steering wheel went up out of way and seat went back when parking, [lot easier for him to get out] returning to car the seat and steeling wheel went back to his programmed setting

Each to their own ignis. Most, if not all of the more upmarket cars have memory seats, even the 520d I bought here new in 2007 had them ... and I won't pay that money again for a vehicle either, especially as the GBP/THB exchange rate has plummeted since then, making it almost 30% more expensive.

Obviously some of us, especially me it seems, don't have your spatial awareness or reversing skills. In the past I have rallied, auto-crossed and raced cars but now I appreciate every little driving aid. Apparently this new Everest almost parks itself. And it has a little light that shows in the exterior mirror when someone is overtaking and is in your blind spot .... little lights can lighten your life ...

The world is full of technology, we should use it sometimes ... should we not?

enjoy ....................

Edited by JAS21

The world is full of technology, we should use it sometimes ... should we not?

Yep for sure, just cannot see the point of some of these things........

Remember many years ago a friend in Portugal bought a new sporty Toyota, [maybe a early Celica ?] constant flashing lights about something, most annoying was a flashing light to tell you to change gear !!! how can a driver not know when to change gear ?

Guess for me 'must have' is leather seats and Climate Control.. in my Audi temperature is set at 26 you can drive all day very comfortable......in the Pickup no such thing so get very cold even on setting 1, switch off is to hot very quick, so end up having to keep it on and open the window every few KM.

Edit: Remember years ago in the UK Ford had screen and mirror de-icer on my Cousins Fiesta very worth while 'must have' in UK.

Edited by ignis

Why? Are they manufactured in the US?

James, I never see you complaining about the also relatively high Nissan prices. Why is that?

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Just wondering why it would be cheaper in the USA... as for Nissan, 1.4 is it for the new xtrail top version, jury is still out I guess, I think the new pricing on the Subaru xv is interesting.

Cars are always significantly cheaper in the US than Europe.

A random example:

1.5L Toyota Yaris (Base model) US - 484,150THB

1.1L Toyota Yaris (Base model) UK - 534,667THB

1.3L Toyota Yaris (Base Model) TH - 469,000THB

I'm surprised the Thai model is cheaper than the US model, albeit has a smaller engine but even so, usually even locally manufactured Thai models are more expensive than a US sold model whether it's imported or locally manufactured. Case in point is the Corolla, I don't have the exact prices on me, but a standard model is about US$15,000 in the States but more like US$20,000 in Thailand. And the US model has more features.

I went to the Motor Show but even though it was a Monday evening (or maybe because it was a Monday evening) it was very crowded and there were a ton of people queuing up to take a look at the Everest. Looked exactly like the new Ranger, which was up on a revolving stand and didn't allow public access to it. So because of the crowd, I didn't want to wait my turn to go inside.

Anyway does anyone know how many airbags will it have? 6? And which models will have the maximum number of airbags, only the top model, priced at around 1.6 million Baht, or all variants?

Will it be available in manual transmission too, or only automatic?

I went to the Motor Show but even though it was a Monday evening (or maybe because it was a Monday evening) it was very crowded and there were a ton of people queuing up to take a look at the Everest. Looked exactly like the new Ranger, which was up on a revolving stand and didn't allow public access to it. So because of the crowd, I didn't want to wait my turn to go inside.

Anyway does anyone know how many airbags will it have? 6? And which models will have the maximum number of airbags, only the top model, priced at around 1.6 million Baht, or all variants?

Will it be available in manual transmission too, or only automatic?

All variants have the same safety items on the checklist, manual is not an option.

I'm surprised the Thai model is cheaper than the US model, albeit has a smaller engine but even so, usually even locally manufactured Thai models are more expensive than a US sold model whether it's imported or locally manufactured. Case in point is the Corolla, I don't have the exact prices on me, but a standard model is about US$15,000 in the States but more like US$20,000 in Thailand. And the US model has more features.

The Yaris is probably cheaper here because the safety equipment and perhaps freight.

Pickup prices are pretty comparable to US prices as well.

Chev Colorado starts at about THB654K with a 2.5L gas-burner and tops out at $1.1M with a 3.6L and nl leather seats.

I think it's all about taxes.

back to the everest, any of our esteemed members order one?

Yep the T+

What's the delivery date promised?

Actually James, no idea. We will get about two weeks notice!! We were late going to the show as I didn't have any intention of buying anything. (So blame this on Crossy who asked me to look at it!) We were quite impressed when we did ... It's very unfortunate that the options we wanted were only on the T+ ... Ford obvious worked that out! Reversing camera only on that model...strange.

Deliveries commence July/Aug BUT he has to find me one. If it drags into next year with the expected Tax rise (based on engine size and CO2 emissions) I might think again. There are some 2.2's still available and I did consider booking both ... but decided not to as some of the options, only available on the T+, will help an aged person like myself and most definitely madam. The passengers seat is electrically operated, the same as the drivers seat ... what we have now, the passenger seat is manual and nowhere near as comfy as the drivers seat ... won't adjust the same.

To be honest the top spec model in any range is always the best, you just have to accept the extra price.

He said demo model same time as first deliveries. Offers vary from dealer to dealer. As with any new model, that is sold out, there isn't much going.

That's it ... might wander there again later in the week ... bought some stuff from Meguires again this year (being after their polisher attachment that fits into an electrical drill for a year now), that was even out of stock in the UK. She remembered me from last year (wonder why!)... managed to get a few little extras thrown into the bag again along with a bit of extra discount on what I bought. Give their free coffee a miss ... it was just as bad as last year ... tastes like unwashed Chivet stuff

My understanding is that the new vehicle tax rate starting in 2016 will not change the duty on a vehicle with engine capacity of 3000+ . It will remain at the current 50%. Summary can be downloaded here:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=8&ved=0CFAQFjAH&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.iticnet.org%2Ffile%2Fdocument%2Fdownload%2F4259&ei=ufglVYezEouwuQTm6YCwAw&usg=AFQjCNGm98IV96RkUyJVmE44XTjpzJk9rw&sig2=yvFt8OFGWHW5dTyFQJGjsw&bvm=bv.90491159,d.c2E&cad=rja

Edited by pj123