Thai Health Ministry warns drinkers of alcohol withdrawal effects after Songkran

webfact

WhY does ministry think they would be stopping or started just for songkran?

Because for a huge percent of the population it is true. It is not directed to kee mao, but to the many laborers who drink on nights off, and then do the typical binge twice a year for New Years and Songkran. This year was especially the case with Songkran running Mon-Wed.

What a bunch of Besserwisser moron replies to this one. Alcohol withdrawal is the only withdrawal that can actually result in death, and a 3 day binge can put people at risk of many dangerous and unpleasant symptoms.

Ridiculing the replies to this article would make more sense than ridiculing the article itself.

• Like 1

But on a plus point it may be easier to stay on motorcycle even with fatigue an headache

I live on a country road no other houses in either for 1km at least very little traffic each day

to prove my point.....over songkhran 3 motorcycles accompanied by a Somchai have driven into the ditch near my house

But on a plus point it may be easier to stay on motorcycle even with fatigue an headache

I live on a country road no other houses in either for 1km at least very little traffic each day

to prove my point.....over songkhran 3 motorcycles accompanied by a Somchai have driven into the ditch near my house

On a plus pint, most of the responders are probably not alcoholics.

What a bunch of Besserwisser moron replies to this one. Alcohol withdrawal is the only withdrawal that can actually result in death, and a 3 day binge can put people at risk of many dangerous and unpleasant symptoms.

Ridiculing the replies to this article would make more sense than ridiculing the article itself.

When over indulging in a dangerous substance one tries to make a joke of it. It is often denial of being dependent on it.

True : hetoin withdrawal is less dangerous than alcohol withdrawal.

• Like 1

How much alcohol must one drink in order to obtain the hallucination effect. I usually see double but never hallucinate.

h

Then explain why when I drink I often go home with a beautiful girl, but wake up with an ugly one. :)

Your Freudian slip is showing :)

• Like 2

Your Freudian slip is showing smile.png

It's a pretty good one, actually.

I hear people talking about Thais being big drinkers but I find that compared to back in Australia where the vast majority of people I know are very heavy drinkers, most Thais I know either don't drink at all, or just drink socially.

Thais are much bigger drinkers than Ozzies. When I drank there I was amazed that so many drank 'lite' beer. What's the point of that?

IN Isarn, the number of alkies is similar to Scotland and nearly as bad as Finland or Estonia(the 2 worst ones I've lived in)