Successful online 90 day report at Khon Kaen

Without knowing whether it is important...

The form contains fields for which a selection list can be opened (a symbol to the right of the field).

I stubbornly clicked on these symbols and selected from the list.

It is crazy slow (takes long to open) and the lists look somewhat "chaotically" sorted, maybe from the Thai script.

I did no free text entry to these fields.

Unfortunately I forgot to screenshot the page where the address is defined.

There are selection lists for province and amphoe and tambon as far as I remember.

I entered capital letters in all cases and used the calendar element to enter the dates (also no free text entered there).

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

Good news.

The 2013 entry thing was what immigration told me but I think that was just an estimate. They confirmed my records were not in the database the system accesses. But I think I have 2 problems because I have also gotten a new passport since my last entry in 2008.

One of the points for human error:

the email address is entered only once as free text and no verification/confirmation of the application (!) is sent after the application is completed.

Also seems like no "not approved"/"timeout" mails are sent?

So if you mistyped the email address you would wait forever.

Always worth to check the status on a regular basis.

Nothing new, just repeating:

I had printed/noted my "Transaction reference numer (TRN)" from the "PENDING" site.

I used the TRN to lookup the status after receiving the email.

Alternatively one could use passport number/date of birth/nationality lookup.

You can obviously repeat the (successful) status query and creation of the notification receipt.

Just tried the lookup with passport .. nationality:

If you start typing the nationality, you will see a list appear from which you HAVE TO select.

If you force free text (e.g. "swiss") you get an error message in Thai.

"AMERICAN/อเมริกัน" for United States of America (USA) ? is a bit all-embracing, very compact whistling.gif

Don't select this:

"UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS/ยูเอส ไมเนอร์ เอ๊าไลน์นิ่ง ไอร์แลนด์" tongue.png

Other entries:

"BRITISH/บริติช", compact!

Edited by KhunBENQ

Don't get too excited.

It don't work.

Just tried and all I get after submitting the first page is contact your local Immigration Office.

They might get it to work one day.

Never mind at least I get to see the sexy Sergeant Major again.

• Like 1

Don't get too excited.

It don't work.

Just tried and all I get after submitting the first page is contact your local Immigration Office.

That is the same message I get. I suspect your last entry date was long ago like mine is. Immigration here told me that if I want to do online reporting I should get a re-entry permit and do a border hop.

Last entry was 2009.

So we have to pay for a Re Entry Permit plus a Visa for Laos and do a border run just so that this can work.

Shambles.

I shall continue reporting in person.

Not that big a deal.

Yup

If you have gotten a new passport since then that can also be a problem.

I was thinking of taking their reply to my email and ask them if they could waive the 1000 baht fee for the re-entry permit since it is their systems problem.

My wife will be going on Monday to do mine.

I went in to Khon Kaen immigration office on Wednesday 10th having checked my online status was still pending. When I arrived, only one other person there and 2 open counters. My number was called immediately so handed all the usual paperwork to the officer explaining that online system wasn't working. She looked me up on system and told me I had been approved 10 minutes earlier, but gave me normal 90 day notice anyway without even looking at paperwork. I must admit that I thought the young lady was just saying that I had been approved to save face, but when I checked my e-mails later, sure enough, according to the time stamp, my approval occurred whilst I was travelling the 6km to the office, after 9 days of Pending. Printed off my online 90 day permit, so now have both manual and online permits affixed to passport :-) Will try again in September although if office as empty as it was on Wednesday I might just go in to say hi to the officers and keep them in a job!

Don't get too excited.

It don't work.

Did my 90m day extension by internet last week.

First time internet reporting.

Sent it at 4 am and approved that day.

No hastles using internet reporting for me.

I live in the Kalasin changwat.

• Like 1

Did it today at 10:00 am, 13 days before the due date, using Firefox 38.0.5.

I did a mistake entering the email address, a comma instead of a dot and I got a prompt for invalid email address, everything OK after correction.

I am in Bangkok Bangrak. Less than 2 hours later I received an email of approval, went back to the site to print the receipt of notification (PDF file)

after pasting the reference number that I had saved in the notepad. The next notification date is 90 days from today though.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

Just made an attempt to 90 day report online and I'm also getting the message that I need to visit the local immigration centre (I'm in Khon Kaen).

I'm due to report on the 18th August and my last entry into Thailand was February 1st 2015, and I used Internet Explorer as my browser.

I was wondering is everyone having the same issues for Khon Kaen based online reporting or is it just a select few?

It's not a big deal for me to head to immigration in person at the moment as I'm not too far away, however a move is on the cards and so I would like to be able to report online for more convenience facepalm.gif

Cheers guys

Just made an attempt to 90 day report online and I'm also getting the message that I need to visit the local immigration centre (I'm in Khon Kaen).

I'm due to report on the 18th August

By the rules stated in the online help you are simply too late (15 to 7 days before due date).

Its different from the rule for report in person (15 days before up to 7 days after, due date included in the count).

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

I'm due to report on the 18th August and my last entry into Thailand was February 1st 2015, and I used Internet Explorer as my browser.

I was wondering is everyone having the same issues for Khon Kaen based online reporting or is it just a select few?

It's not a big deal for me to head to immigration in person at the moment as I'm not too far away, however a move is on the cards and so I would like to be able to report online for more convenience facepalm.gif

Cheers guys

I got the same error message and gave it up. It was my first 90 day report. Someone suggested this online system works but only when you have previously done a 90 day report. I can't verify. That would mean if you leave the country and re-enter then the online wouldn't work until you've done another 90 day. Sounds plausible with a weak online system. Edited by slerickson

The contact your local immigration office message basically means your record could not be found. This could be because of an old entry into the country, a new passport since you last entry, the system not being able to access the database, an error in the records or on the application form and etc.

A far as I know their is no relationship to your reporting date. doing a first time report and etc. The system is set up such that once you do the application it is sent to your local office for approval that is when the report would be disapproved for not being within the 15 to 7 day window, first report and etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Applied on 26 AUG for my second 90 day online report at Khon Kaen (26 being the first possible day in the timeframe).

Until recently have not seen an approved email.

Just now I checked my status and it is APPROVED on Friday 28 AUG.

Receipt of notification shows 25 NOV as next due date.

I am quite sure that the email address I entered was OK.

Maybe the mail has landed in the spam folder and I have deleted it accidentally?

Anyway, saves me a detour to immigration office independent of the fact that I wanted to drive to KK tomorrow anyway tongue.png

Edited by KhunBENQ

Applied on 26 AUG for my second 90 day online report at Khon Kaen (26 being the first possible day in the timeframe).

Until recently have not seen an approved email.

Just now I checked my status and it is APPROVED on Friday 28 AUG.

Receipt of notification shows 25 NOV as next due date.

I am quite sure that the email address I entered was OK.

Maybe the mail has landed in the spam folder and I have deleted it accidentally?

Anyway, saves me a detour to immigration office independent of the fact that I wanted to drive to KK tomorrow anyway tongue.png

I didn't get an email notification for my seond online report either but I did for my first one. i used the same (correctly typed) email address in both cases. So as usual, It seems to depend on who processes your application as to whether you get the email notificatrion or not.

Edited by mxyzptlk

• 1 month later...

I have also just had my first attempt an online report approved for the Khon Kaen office. smile.png

Submitted the application first thing on Monday and was approved around lunchtime today. The email advising of approval landed in the SPAM folder so I can see how it could easily be missed.

• 3 months later...

Just bouncing/updating.

Got my "approved" email for the fourth report this morning (Feb 5) at 7:43h(!) from KK office.

Entered data on Tue, Feb 2, exactly two weeks before nominal due date (Feb 16).

This time entered only required fields (*), so omitting "Given Name" and "Middle Name".

Next nominal report date May 4 (90 days counted from today, approval date incl.).

Edited by KhunBENQ