Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Right gents. Do you reckon Chelsea will be up for it tonight or are they on the beach already?

Excellent, we're back on football!! Let's forget the bickering gentlemen please

Depends on the team sheet really. Maybe a few get a run out maybe the foot stays firmly on the gas,

Anyway who cares, we're championsIMG_3131.PNG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, MrTrip said:

9 changes from Friday nightemoji33.png

CHELSEA TEAM NEWS

Team to play Watford: Begovic, Zouma, Terry, Ake, Azpilicueta, Kante, Chalobah, Kenedy, Willian, Hazard, Batshuayi. 

Subs: Alonso, Fabregas, Pedro, Costa, Cahill, Aina, Eduardo.

Was it Batshuayi who scored the winner on Friday?

Don't know about you and there's some quality there but seems sort of a weird line up don't you think?

• Like 1

CHELSEA TEAM NEWS
Team to play Watford: Begovic, Zouma, Terry, Ake, Azpilicueta, Kante, Chalobah, Kenedy, Willian, Hazard, Batshuayi. 
Subs: Alonso, Fabregas, Pedro, Costa, Cahill, Aina, Eduardo.

Was it Batshuayi who scored the winner on Friday?

Don't know about you and there's some quality there but seems sort of a weird line up don't you think?

Yes Batshuayi scored Friday night
FA Cup final in 2 weeks so plenty rested.

My only surprise is that Hazard is playing? He looks most likely to be suffering from end of season legs from the whole squad

• Like 1

I must admit, I was surprised by the number of changes to the team, believing Conte to be focussed on winning the last two games. Then I saw the Guard Of Honour before the game and understood. Although these lads were fringe players, they played their part in a successful season and deserved an ovation from the Watford team and the fans. I don't think there is any doubt, that the regulars will be out in force against Sunderland.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, oldgit said:

I must admit, I was surprised by the number of changes to the team, believing Conte to be focussed on winning the last two games. Then I saw the Guard Of Honour before the game and understood. Although these lads were fringe players, they played their part in a successful season and deserved an ovation from the Watford team and the fans. I don't think there is any doubt, that the regulars will be out in force against Sunderland.

Bang on Og ?

• Like 2

What an absolute disgrace John terry is. Geezer can't help himself he's even staging his own bets just to win a few more quid. Absolute muppet brought the game into disrepute so many times. Stick to selling sniff son your done.

25 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

What an absolute disgrace John terry is. Geezer can't help himself he's even staging his own bets just to win a few more quid. Absolute muppet brought the game into disrepute so many times. Stick to selling sniff son your done.

The last two replies tell the truth.

The Chav fans love him and rightly so.

A cracking defender in his day.

His personal life is another matter lol.

• Like 1

Because of the nature of the game and its relevance I would say it was Novel and probably won't be repeated.
No doubt about it Terry has played a massive part in the most successful period in our history...probably the last of a dying breed of one club players. 22 years is pretty impressive ...along with his trophy haul. To me he should pack it in now...go out at the top.

I was surprised and impressed by the Sky coverage of the trophy ceremony and the JT speech etc. Shows that its not just us CFC fans that respect JT's contribution over the years. Can't see the knighthood coming too soon though

Agree KS he should retire on this high

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, MrTrip said:

I was surprised and impressed by the Sky coverage of the trophy ceremony and the JT speech etc. Shows that its not just us CFC fans that respect JT's contribution over the years. Can't see the knighthood coming too soon though

Agreed MrTrip....sky did a really good job....and Terry,s speech praising both Roman and Steve Holland was excellent. Great day all round...free programme....and my Champions scarf has a dial on the end....so you can just keep changing the year...handy that ??

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Paddy Power offered odds of 100-1, and accepted three bets that Terry would leave the pitch on 26th. minute. Total liabilities? 3 and half grand. It'll be years before they recover. A few grand was also trousered by some astute punters  from other bookmakers, tenners and scores  being laid . Bookmakers offer odds on these novelty bets purely for the publicity and there are bettors out there who look for the value. Bookmakers may be greedy but they are not stupid enough to accept large wagers. A few grand is won and you reckon Terry is behind the scam? Yeah, 'course he is. He's destitute and definitely needs the money.

• Like 2

I thought it was a bit naff, soft like, play the game get replaced as normal, and get clapped off. Guard of Honour on 26 mins, proper Chocolado.

No doubting his achievements though, respect to him for that. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oldgit said:

Paddy Power offered odds of 100-1, and accepted three bets that Terry would leave the pitch on 26th. minute. Total liabilities? 3 and half grand. It'll be years before they recover. A few grand was also trousered by some astute punters  from other bookmakers, tenners and scores  being laid . Bookmakers offer odds on these novelty bets purely for the publicity and there are bettors out there who look for the value. Bookmakers may be greedy but they are not stupid enough to accept large wagers. A few grand is won and you reckon Terry is behind the scam? Yeah, 'course he is. He's destitute and definitely needs the money.

By the letter of the law this could be construed as match fixing and is therefore against the rules and Terry has admitted it along with Conte and Moyes. Should at least be a points deduction.

31 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

By the letter of the law this could be construed as match fixing and is therefore against the rules and Terry has admitted it along with Conte and Moyes. Should at least be a points deduction.

It would only be against any rules, had people who knew about it placed a bet on it .

As only three people placed a bet on it , it would be reasonable to suggest that the bets were just random bets without any insider knowledge , so, no rules broken

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I thought it was a bit naff, soft like, play the game get replaced as normal, and get clapped off. Guard of Honour on 26 mins, proper Chocolado.

No doubting his achievements though, respect to him for that. 

thought it was ridiculous to be honest, but seemed quite indicative of the man himself really. do it at the start of the match. the end. no problem with an honour guard at all but during the match? just nonsense.

but yeah, brilliant player all his career etc etc.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, StevieH said:

thought it was ridiculous to be honest, but seemed quite indicative of the man himself really. do it at the start of the match. the end. no problem with an honour guard at all but during the match? just nonsense.

I do think that Conte wanted to win the game 

JT doesnt really fit into the Chelsea three at the back system

JT wouldnt have been able to play the full match

Bringing JT on as a late substitution could have been problematic , had the game been in the balance  at the time and it would have also been disappointing , had JT came on late in the game and Chelsea conceded some goals

Much better for him to start the game, play 26 minutes, get taken off and Chelsea revert back to the winning formula

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I do think that Conte wanted to win the game 

JT doesnt really fit into the Chelsea three at the back system

JT wouldnt have been able to play the full match

Bringing JT on as a late substitution could have been problematic , had the game been in the balance  at the time and it would have also been disappointing , had JT came on late in the game and Chelsea conceded some goals

Much better for him to start the game, play 26 minutes, get taken off and Chelsea revert back to the winning formula

the result of the game didn't matter, but if conte really was bothered about winning the game he wouldn't have allowed this nonsense to happen.

also, what if, like a centre back is supposed to, terry was wearing shirt number 6 instead of 26? he'd have come off after 6 minutes, quite possibly not having touched the ball?

whole thing just seemed unnecessary. do the honour guard before or after the match. no problem. this was just vanity.

• Like 2

"Out of interest, why do you not like JT ?"

No one thing just an accumulation of things maybe. I don't really know. Why do you like one player and not another. ..hard define. In all clubs we all like and dislike certain individuals. Just never took to Terry.

10 hours ago, MrTrip said:

Equally I was unsurprised and unimpressed by the True/Bein coverage of this event. OK, they covered the trophy ceremony itself, but then cut away to the Thai pundits for their end-of-season "pearls of wisdom" just as about JT was to address the masses.:angry: