New Site Feedback

Tech Doctor

I like it. it's clean and simple to use for me.

It drops out now and again, slows down and there's a few bugs when you reply sometimes. I accept that easily as the admin geeks have clearly stated they are constantly tweaking behind the scenes for the next week or so. Also, i'd think most know know that when a site has an upgrade there are Gremlins need chasing out for the first month or so, especially a site like TV that will have a lot of traffic.

Good job Gents and Ladies.

Edited by Franky Bear
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, balo said:

You have to create a stream channel to solve that issue , the tech experts in here will tell you that is easy and anyone should understand how to do it.   

LOL   This may be the first forum in the history of all mankind that will require a long technical course to attain the same level of function the old forum had. 

Edited by Inn Between
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Still no Android app?

TD posted that when Indexing is finished the App would start working again, so I think because the APP isn't working yet, the Indexing isn't finished yet ;)

Here is the Post:

Edited by MJCM
Added Link
  • Like 2

On 8/11/2016 at 1:28 PM, seajae said:

got a heap of likes on a comment but they are not showing up in notifications, presume it is a glitch, also have a lot of trouble getting in at times or even into an article, comes back as site not working, realize there at teething problems and this will sort itself out.

things take a while for cahing or whatever, to catch up, but if you experience anything noteworthy for consideration, 

Order, has to await, in it's own Pecking Order queue

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

<snip>

2. Likes

Whenever I give one it is followed by a box telling me I don't have permission, despite the like being added to the recipients tally.

I only get that ERROR if I click the Like Button too fast (so 2 times) and then it registers the Like but also displays the warning

This error I mean

errorlike.JPG

Edited by MJCM
Added Screenshot
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Inn Between said:

LOL   This may be the first forum in the history of all mankind that will require a long technical course to attain the same level of function the old forum had. 

I find the new format far easier than the old format!

But then I've no interest or knowledge in 'apps' and the like.

Edited by dick dasterdly

Tapatalk not works anymore. It says i should sign in while i signed in already. Then i log off and try to sign in again. But my credentials are not accepted.

There is no more fun to use this forum. Sorry.

21 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Impossibe to start a new thread.

Unfortunately TV has many probs. - speed (v slow)/responding to posts and other related probs.

Where can't you start a New Thread ??

In some sections of TV,  "normal" members aren't allowed to Start a Thread, for example the News Sections and classifieds, there are some more but I forgot which.

Love it that People are so vague ;)

4 minutes ago, alocacoc said:

Tapatalk not works anymore. It says i should sign in while i signed in already. Then i log off and try to sign in again. But my credentials are not accepted.

There is no more fun to use this forum. Sorry.

Tapatalk is disabled for the time being because of some issues while the Forum is indexing.

Edited by MJCM

4 minutes ago, alocacoc said:

yes, it's saved.

Sounds corny but try to clear the cache of you browser and see if it happens again. If so, then let's wait what @Tech Doctorhas to say about it and if more people are suffering from it.

Some more info please:

Which OS ?

Which Browser ?

3 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Sounds corny but try to clear the cache of you browser and see if it happens again. If so, then let's wait what @Tech Doctorhas to say about it and if more people are suffering from it.

Some more info please:

Which OS ?

Which Browser ?

@MJCM OOI - i just did the same as you suggested in ID 557 above and my audible notifications have stopped. Windows 10 Pro / Chrome 52

• Like 1

15 hours ago, VBF said:

@Ulysses G. Actually, you DO get that issue on a PC in a manner of speaking, but as you say, you can delete it but it's not very  friendly 

Win 10 / Chrome browser - if you start a reply using "Quote" and then change your mind, then a while later wish to reply to a later post but still in the same topic, you press the Quote button and the original quote appears instead of the one you requested.  (This is very hard to describe adequately and doesn't occur every time.) The workaround is to Select and  "Ctrl-X" (Cut) the original quote, then press the quote button again and it works.

@Tech Doctor  I'ts as if the abandoned reply is being buffered or cached but it must be server side because I shut the browser and ran CCleaner between attempts and got the same problem.  Now that is baffling! wasn't there a "cancel" button before when you start a reply and change your mind before pressing Submit??? If there was (or even if there wasn't), might we have one please?

EDIT: There is a Cancel when one edits a post (see attached)  but not when one quotes from a previous one

Edit Capture.JPG

@Tech Doctor UPDATE ON THIS ISSUE:

If you select the wrongly placed reply and  Ctrl Right-click and chose  "Remove quote and keep contents" it goes away and you then press "Quote" again - you get the correct data posted.(Still baffled!)

11 minutes ago, Tech Doctor said:

I've passed this to invision as this can't be correct.

TD

TD - I just hit "Quote" to place THIS reply to 566 and it  behaved correctly! As I said above "it doesn't occur every time", but what may help is I have not run CCleaner or cleared caches for a couple of hours thereby enforcing my opinion that it's server-side, as anything I do has no effect.

Edited by VBF

20 minutes ago, Tech Doctor said:

I've passed this to invision as this can't be correct.

TD

@Tech Doctor

And for the sake of thoroughness this is a reply to 566 again AFTER running CCleaner - still all correct but an hour ago I had the issue with another post on this topic. So to clarify (I hope) : "it's an intermittent problem that is not affected by browser caches"  Good Luck!

Idea!!  Could it be anything to do with the fact that post ID numbers are not always in sequence??   IE   565-566-567-551  However, i just reloaded the page and the sequence has corrected itself, but saving the post did not do that......      EDIT - See posts below indicating that I may be wrong about this - sorry! :(

Edited by VBF
Clarification...hopefully!

@VBF

I just noticed this. I started posting a reply to a topic I opened in the GPS forum and the reply box was filled with the reply I started a couple of days ago in the same thread but didn't finish. AND I use Ccleaner / Privazer regularly.

What I did was: pressed CTRL+A (select all text) and pressed delete and it didn't show again

Hope this makes sense, else :wai: and sorry

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1