"I was reversing but the car went forward," says old boy as he plunges three stories.

rooster59

"I was reversing but the car went forward," says old boy as he plunges three stories.

EyWwB5WU57MYnKOtT2vnzddwgQcpENZY0pYxV6Qy7JIeravkGvnu7v.jpg

Image: Thairath

A 52 year old Thai driver told cops that he put his car in reverse but it suddenly went forward.

He was on the third floor of a condo car park in Chonburi at the time.

The car piled into two other vehicles before smashing through the railing and ending up on its roof on the ground.

Suffering a head injury was Somkiat, 52, a resident of Minburi, Bangkok. He was taken to Chonburi Hospital - but not before he told police of the mysterious incident with those gears.

Police are studying the parking lot's CCTV to see what the truth of the matter is.

Source: Thairath 

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-12-17

I suspect he is new in handling an automatic gear. The reverse position for a manual gear is down, and the opposite for auto gear.

Down position in an auto gear is drive forward...

I also suspect his left foot was stamping on the missing clutch pedal on the way down three stories...

Edited by trogers

7 hours ago, worgeordie said:

The excuse used to be dodgy brakes ,now its gears,never the drivers fault

regards worgeordie

I'm also an "old boy" of 71 who has been driving since I was a young boy of 14. My preferred vehicle has been a Ford make for many years now. Just bought a new one here in Thailand last year and was driving along the 2nd. ring road when it actually shifted from drive to neutral on it's own. No i don't drink or take drugs either.

1 hour ago, assayer said:

I'm also an "old boy" of 71 who has been driving since I was a young boy of 14. My preferred vehicle has been a Ford make for many years now. Just bought a new one here in Thailand last year and was driving along the 2nd. ring road when it actually shifted from drive to neutral on it's own. No i don't drink or take drugs either.

The gear can slip from drive to neutral. But one has to press the locking button to shift from neutral to reverse...

I once had a brand new car which had a dodgy gearbox. After a few days I put it into first gear and the car went into reverse. Second became first. I had to drive it like this until it was fixed and what was worse was that it would suddenly revert to normal so I'd be in fist gear ready to go backwards and I'd move forwards! Scary.

So I do know that the story could be true though in all honesty I doubt it! I realised my problem straight away and braked. Maybe reaction times for an ancient old boy of 52 are not so swift!

Have had the clip that locates the linkage come out when in neutral put it in drive no go obviously if it had happened in drive and then i had selected reverse i would have gone forward, but the remains of the Toyota looks to good for that :whistling: "the old boy" likes a big bore so may reflect his driving style:laugh:

7 hours ago, assayer said:

Get an amulet.....quick!!