Youth who threatened US man and family in Chiang Mai car park says sorry

webfact

Youth who threatened US man and family in Chiang Mai car park says sorry

3am1.jpg

Picture: Sanook

CHIANG MAI: -- A 17 year old Thai man who produced a gun and started threatening an American man and his family has apologized.

The incident happened in a car park in a downtown Chiang Mai shopping center on Saturday afternoon.

Sanook reported that the Thai youth got cross when he was blocked in by the American who was with his wife and children.

The foreigner and his family were surprised and frightened in the incident that soon made its way with pictures onto social media.

Deputy chief of Chiang Mai police Piyapong Patrapongsin took a personal interest in the case and was at Mae Ping station yesterday when the youth, named only as "A" turned up with his mother.

He said sorry for what he did. He admitted it was him and that he had lost his temper and grabbed hold of his BB gun and pointed it in the air.

He has been charged with threatening behavior according to article 392 of the criminal code. He was also warned as to his future conduct.

Deputy Piyapong urged the public to keep their cool when driving.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-30

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope I'm wrong, but 17, with a car and a fake gun in Thailand, this isn't his first time nor will it be his last.  A man child who has been spoiled by the parents. With this type of attitude the greatest weapon he still has in his possession is the car.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

He said sorry for what he did. He admitted it was him and that he had lost his temper and grabbed hold of his BB gun and pointed it in the air.

He has been charged with threatening behavior according to article 392 of the criminal code. He was also warned as to his future conduct.

Anybody else disappointed that we'll probably never know the outcome of the trial (or if there will even be a trial)

As I've said before, I'd gladly kick in a few bucks a month to contribute to a website that follows up on cases of crimes against foreigners and tabulates the outcomes...

But I'm not brave (or foolish?) enough to do it myself, given that it could be harmful to the reputation of the nation...

Deputy chief of Chiang Mai police Piyapong Patrapongsin took a personal interest in the case

because of that:

the incident that soon made its way with pictures onto social media.

hmmm..... another child that knows no boundaries brought up by parents who know no boundaries who were brought up by parents who also knew no boundaries.....this is the wonderful legacy

I am one of those ex-American military men...an ex-para.  I was once accosted in Bangkok by two Thai youths who wanted me to hand over my wallet. I was walking back alone at 1 AM to my hotel...the Dusit Thani at the time...after meeting a friend at a nearby bar in the Saladaeng area. I'd had a few beers, but still had my wits about me.  The kids weren't brandishing any weapons either. So I said to them... "you'll have to take it from me", and assumed a fighting stance.  They looked st each other and decided to leave me alone. They made it easy...no weapons yet brandished...and there was only two of them. I could also sense their fear. But there is a place and time to be a hero or to acquiesce and walk away unharmed. 

' He has been charged with threatening behavior according to article 392 of the criminal code. He was also warned as to his future conduct. '

He wanted everyone to think it was a gun, he should be charged with a firearms offence.

I could threaten a few of the arrogant Americans in Chiang Mai... mostly from the Consulate.... complained to the Consul once regarding his staff and their wives boasting loudly in a restaurant about their parking and driving habits.... I am for the kid, but not for his methodology 

2 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

The 17 yr old kid goes to police station with his Mommy wow these Thai kids always go to cop shop with their Mommy TIT

Talk about weak.  They bring their family to job interviews too. 

27 minutes ago, wirat69 said:

I could threaten a few of the arrogant Americans in Chiang Mai... mostly from the Consulate.... complained to the Consul once regarding his staff and their wives boasting loudly in a restaurant about their parking and driving habits.... I am for the kid, but not for his methodology 

:post-4641-1156694572:

2 hours ago, Fore Man said:

I am one of those ex-American military men...an ex-para.  I was once accosted in Bangkok by two Thai youths who wanted me to hand over my wallet. I was walking back alone at 1 AM to my hotel...the Dusit Thani at the time...after meeting a friend at a nearby bar in the Saladaeng area. I'd had a few beers, but still had my wits about me.  The kids weren't brandishing any weapons either. So I said to them... "you'll have to take it from me", and assumed a fighting stance.  They looked st each other and decided to leave me alone. They made it easy...no weapons yet brandished...and there was only two of them. I could also sense their fear. But there is a place and time to be a hero or to acquiesce and walk away unharmed. 

Well done yank----- love that attitude

3 hours ago, Fore Man said:

Lol "to be a hero". Next time a hero with a bullet in your head or stabbed down coz of few bahts.

3 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

The 17 yr old kid goes to police station with his Mommy wow these Thai kids always go to cop shop with their Mommy TIT

the will hang on mommy,s shirt till she dies .TIT never mind how old the Bloke is it is still Mommy's Baby