When were 10 year drivers licences issued?

2 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

It is so corrupt here that for a price strings can be pulled for literally anything. The police won`t care providing the licence looks the real deal.

Know a guy who does not qualify for a retirement visa, doesn`t have enough money. Pays 20000 baht to an agency, they loan him 800000 baht for 3 months After he obtains his retirement extension, pays back the money, then all done. Stinks to high heaven. So the 10 year driving licence does not surprise me.

I don't think the agency puts 800,000 baht in your bank for 3 months. A mate pays his 20,000 only a week or so before the retirement extension is due, the agency goes to immigration, money changes hands, that's it.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

OK, so I stand corrected. Forget the 13/18 yr examples.

But now back to the OP :
was your friend issued a license that is (was) valid for 10 yr from printing/handover?

Or in other words: 10 yr until next extension due?

Yes

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

I remember that this "10 year license" had been mentioned in another thread.

Still I haven't found a clue that this is a legal thing.

"It cost him 10000", "agency handled it all", "no tests involved" says a lot, doesn't it?

And I also wonder how he could have get trough a checkpoint with this.

Mine was, obtained at DLT for standard pricing.

3 minutes ago, tomwct said:

Maybe it's a Thai Homemade International License. My wife had a lifetime and they re-issued a 5 year to her. Could be good business.

Why would she need another license if she already had a lifetime one....Did they contact her...?

1 hour ago, Namplik said:

Photo? Or we dont belive you :smile:

Couldn't give a dump whether posters believe me or not.

The facts are I got a Thai 1 year driving licence in 2005 (2548) and got a 5 year Thai DL in 2549 (2006).

The date on my second Thai 5 year DL is from 2nd August 2549 (2006) until my birthday 29th June 2561 (2018).

Also my Thai DL has my Thai ID Number on it not my passport number so put that in your pipe and smoke it.  :laugh:

3 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

The facts are I got a Thai 1 year driving licence in 2005 (2548) and got a 5 year Thai DL in 2549 (2006).

The date on my second Thai 5 year DL is from 2nd August 2549 (2006) until my birthday 29th June 2561 (2018).

Also my Thai DL has my Thai ID Number on it not my passport number so put that in your pipe and smoke it.  :laugh:

Wish I was as hansum as you.....:giggle:

21 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

A minor misunderstanding here, I thought you actually had a 10 year driving licence :smile:

5 hours ago, giddyup said:

I don't think the agency puts 800,000 baht in your bank for 3 months. A mate pays his 20,000 only a week or so before the retirement extension is due, the agency goes to immigration, money changes hands, that's it.

I stand corrected, but still an eye opener to what goes on here. How can anyone take law enforcement seriously in Thailand, when the rules can be flushed down the toilet for a price?

I stand corrected, but still an eye opener to what goes on here. How can anyone take law enforcement seriously in Thailand, when the rules can be flushed down the toilet for a price?

Does anyone take law enforcement seriously here?

Sent from my Cray II supercomputer

On 6/3/2017 at 5:40 AM, cyberfarang said:

Same in the West. Go to court, those with the best lawyer - i.e. the most $$$ - win. Asked a lawyer once - 'What about Justice ? '  His reply - 'We did not go to Justice school'  Enuf said.

5 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Same in the West. Go to court, those with the best lawyer - i.e. the most $$$ - win. Asked a lawyer once - 'What about Justice ? '  His reply - 'We did not go to Justice school'  Enuf said.

Not sure how some lawyers sleep at night when they get killers and rapists off on technicalities. We need another "Star Chamber".

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

Not sure how some lawyers sleep at night when they get killers and rapists off on technicalities. We need another "Star Chamber".

We need a Batman a real one. :biggrin:

Read OP's 1st post .  [emoji3]

I did. Everyone can post such rubbish to be honest. It would be better to double check information first before posting it. There is no such thing as a 10 year license. Either it's fake or some mistake. Just creating traffic on here. Not help anyone to be honest. At best you confuse people.

Sent from my SM-J710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

17 minutes ago, Robert24 said:

I did. Everyone can post such rubbish to be honest. It would be better to double check information first before posting it. There is no such thing as a 10 year license. Either it's fake or some mistake. Just creating traffic on here. Not help anyone to be honest. At best you confuse people.

I saw the licence myself, it was for 10 years. I was genuinely curious as to whether such a thing existed, was an issuing error, or a downright fake. It's been pretty clear from the responses that no legitimate 10 year licence exists, also clear that some have managed to get licences exceeding 10 years, probably in error, so if you're confused I suggest you move on.

Edited by giddyup

My best guess would be that this was his second 5 year licence, hence from the date issued to expire would look like 10 years, as per example photos earlier in the thread.

The big question is when is the expiry year, as already stated here, the maximum that you can now get is just shy of 6 years, there absolutely is no 10 year validity for Thai driving licences and that is for Thai's never mind for Farangs!!

22 minutes ago, Mattd said:

My best guess would be that this was his second 5 year licence, hence from the date issued to expire would look like 10 years, as per example photos earlier in the thread.

The big question is when is the expiry year, as already stated here, the maximum that you can now get is just shy of 6 years, there absolutely is no 10 year validity for Thai driving licences and that is for Thai's never mind for Farangs!!

AFAIK there would be two licences needed to cover a period of 10 years. My licence shows dates from 2011 to 2017 because I went one day after after my birthday I effectively got 6 years.

3 hours ago, Robert24 said:

It was a post query because the DL's look authentic,  if as said it's 2 years old and a 10 year one it expires in 2568 and more likely a legal fake. :biggrin:

4 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

It was a post query because the DL's look authentic,  if as said it's 2 years old and a 10 year one it expires in 2568 and more likely a legal fake. :biggrin:

Mrs J knows most things ... she has a for life Thai licence ... she tells me that Thailand has not and does not issue 10 year driving licences and If one shows 10 years then it is either a fake or an issue error. 

If she is proved incorrect she will be devastated ... :smile::smile:  ... great