Car Overshoots Turning and Crashes into AIA C.I. Tower

webfact

Car Overshoots Turning and Crashes into AIA C.I. Tower

by CityNews

aia-crash.jpg

CityNews – A sedan car lost control and overshot a turning, crashing across Boon Ruengrit Road and into the main sign at the front of the AIA C.I. Tower on the southwest corner of the moat.

The incident was widely shared on social media on June 24 after Facebook user Faii KaiiHathaiphan shared photos taken from the scene.

On June 26, CCTV footage emerged and was shared on social media showing the crash in full.

Full story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/car-overshoots-turning-and-crashes-into-aia-c-i-tower/

changmainews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Chiang City News 2017-06-28

The pickup  coming the otherway on the other carriageway does not even falter when the car cuts across, just keeps on going as if nothing has happened, amazing! 

That's one motorbike driver off to buy a lottery ticket then!

Another accident where out of control vehicles cross medians and end up in heading into oncoming traffic. If I am not mistaken, the most high-profile, recent crashes with minivans and pickups are all caused by crossing the median into oncoming traffic.

Maybe Thailand needs to take its stoic "but Thailand is different" mantra to heart and start removing the 'Armco' barriers from the outside of bends and double-stack it in the medians instead?

1 minute ago, Rimmer said:

The pickup  coming the otherway on the other carriageway does not even falter when the car cuts across, just keeps on going as if nothing has happened, amazing! 

Good chance at around 6 AM, he missed it.... 

"Did I see what?" as he rubs the sleep from his eyes.

5 hours ago, NanLaew said:

That's one motorbike driver off to buy a lottery ticket then!

Another accident where out of control vehicles cross medians and end up in heading into oncoming traffic. If I am not mistaken, the most high-profile, recent crashes with minivans and pickups are all caused by crossing the median into oncoming traffic.

Maybe Thailand needs to take its stoic "but Thailand is different" mantra to heart and start removing the 'Armco' barriers from the outside of bends and double-stack it in the medians instead?

They usually rely on massive drops into drainage ditches to stop the crossovers. These ensure the crossing occupants are killed by the fall and hard stop into the canal bed, or trees that often grow there.

It looks to me as if perhaps the driver was taken ill, although it was mentioned.only that he suffered injury. Otherwise, only a total moron would be going at that speed in a built-up area and unable to take a shallow bend.

On, wait........ Where did it take place? Thailand?

9 hours ago, Rimmer said:

Yeh they have the attitude that this is my space (or lane) & i am not moving or slowing down, but whilst eating & texting it was hard t=o change gears in an automatic so i became confused & ended up losing control only to run into an AIA Insurance building. But still the non wiser & suffering from a bout of (how did this happen ) not my fault, he still managed to crawl up to the front door, knocking invainly  at 6am to get attention so he could let them know there is no need to send a rep as it's on you doorstep 

On 6/28/2017 at 7:20 PM, BEVUP said:

Yeh they have the attitude that this is my space (or lane) & i am not moving or slowing down, but whilst eating & texting it was hard t=o change gears in an automatic so i became confused & ended up losing control only to run into an AIA Insurance building. But still the non wiser & suffering from a bout of (how did this happen ) not my fault, he still managed to crawl up to the front door, knocking invainly  at 6am to get attention so he could let them know there is no need to send a rep as it's on you doorstep 

a social issue; total disregard for others