Thai boozy party at McDonald’s goes viral

webfact

Thai boozy party at McDonald’s goes viral

(PHOTOS)

By Coconuts Bangkok 

cc.jpg

Photo: Social Hunter/ Facebook

RATCHABURI: -- Photos of Thais partying and drinking at a McDonald’s in Ratchaburi, a province west of Bangkok, have made national headlines today and drawn criticism from the Thai realm of Facebook.

The photos, posted by the party people themselves, shows a group of three Thai men and one woman, drinking cheap lao khao (rice liquor) with soda while binging on McDonald’s fried chicken and fries.

The poster later shut down his Facebook after the party post was shared and slammed by netizens.

In response, McDonald’s told their version of the story, confirming that they do not sell any type of alcohol and forbid customers from bringing alcoholic beverages onto the premises of the restaurant.

Full story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/thai-boozy-party-mcdonalds-goes-viral-photos/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-07-18

A bit naughty but hardly something to get outraged about. A lot more civilized compared to what some see at home on a daily basis.

Glasses, ice, soft drinks, food, sharing and socializing. Could be a lot worse.

The onus is on McDonalds to request they leave if they are breaking their rules. I dont think i have ever seen a sign at mcdonalds saying no byo liquor. Probably because few in their right mind would consider it.

In the States, several Burger King and Taco Bell stores have obtained liquor licenses and are serving alcohol.  This shows the pettiness of the Thai "netizen" community.  Maybe Thai society would be better if Prayuth had his way and was able to shut down Facebook.

So what's the big deal?

These fun loving people did not show animal cruelty, filmed and posted on the internet as some stupid joke...

Hope they enjoyed their party and McDonald's should give them free food for all the publicity!!

38 minutes ago, jonclark said:

Boozy party my arse ! More like the worlds cheapest date. 

That's likely what it is, just a cheap date.

Probably airtight given the ratio of genders.

:tongue:

1 hour ago, observer90210 said:

So what's the big deal?

These fun loving people did not show animal cruelty, filmed and posted on the internet as some stupid joke...

Hope they enjoyed their party and McDonald's should give them free food for all the publicity!!

The good doers would say its a family restaurant not a good image for children to see.

13 minutes ago, oldgent said:

The good doers would say its a family restaurant not a good image for children to see.

Agree, but in today's world, are children all that naive? Maybe certain western nations are more falsely conservative then others...

Lao Khao?  No, that half full bottle of amber liquid looks more like SangSom.

Anyway, nice to know that McDonalds does not allow the consumption of alcohol on their premises.  Someone needs to inform the manager of that location though. 

2 minutes ago, WhizBang said:

Anyway, nice to know that McDonalds does not allow the consumption of alcohol on their premises.  Someone needs to inform the manager of that location though. 

Hong Thong whiskey

9 minutes ago, WhizBang said:

HT.jpg.1fb5157ce4a2fa46eb6be6c9a28644d4.jpgss.jpg.d8d03054cae68e09a12b62208aee7722.jpgLK.jpg.52ac6e0a9eb09f3bf091ea53b183b040.jpg

Hong Thong-Whiskey                                            Sang Som- Rum                                Lao Khao Rice whiskey

All go down very well accompanied by a Big Mac and French Fries.

2 hours ago, zaphod reborn said:

In the States, several Burger King and Taco Bell stores have obtained liquor licenses and are serving alcohol.  This shows the pettiness of the Thai "netizen" community.  Maybe Thai society would be better if Prayuth had his way and was able to shut down Facebook.

Or better still, shut down McDonalds!

Either way its crap food and bottom of the line whiskey, I would prefer KFC washed down with a bottle of 8 year old Grants, tis a lot smoother than that Hong Thong that will start your car if its out of petrol

Edited by 4MyEgo

Just now, 4MyEgo said:

Either way its crap food and bottom of the line whiskey, I would prefer KFC washed down with a bottle of 8 year old Grants, tis a lot smoother than that Hong Thong that will start your car if its out of petrol

Yeh agree on the Grant's, but KFC is absolute sh..e, why waste the whisky on it..

28 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Yeh agree on the Grant's, but KFC is absolute sh..e, why waste the whisky on it..

Only eat the burgers at KFC once in a blue moon, Grants would wash it down just nicely 555

4 hours ago, zaphod reborn said:

they served beer etc at McDonalds in germany when i was there around 1998....mmmmmmm McBeer

Try doing it at McDonald's in Australia and you would be turfed out quicker than you can blink.  Restaurants need a liquor licence for alcohol to be consumed on premises and they don't have and will never be granted one, even a BYO licence.  The franchisee would be facing enormous fines and probably shut down.

4 hours ago, WhizBang said:

wrong!

it is Hong Thong

wondering if McDonalds allows the consumption of actual edible food on their premises,

last time i checked their "food" was anything but...

7 hours ago, smutcakes said:

A bit naughty but hardly something to get outraged about. A lot more civilized compared to what some see at home on a daily basis.

Glasses, ice, soft drinks, food, sharing and socializing. Could be a lot worse.

The onus is on McDonalds to request they leave if they are breaking their rules. I dont think i have ever seen a sign at mcdonalds saying no byo liquor. Probably because few in their right mind would consider it.

If my memory is correct, the company did in fact allow alcohol to be served in some of their branches, I think in the UK.

But I am confused here. McDonalds say that they forbid people bringing alcohol onto the premises, but here we clearly have them being allowed to do it. A normal case in Thailand then of making rules and then totally ignoring them and no-one does anything at all about it. Which is why Thais always break the rules, because they can.