Rice pledging scheme verdict draws near

snoop1130

4 hours ago, Pridilives said:

Analysts say the action against Ms Yingluck is a means of attacking her family, particularly her brother Thaksin Shinawatra, the self-exiled plutocrat turned prime minister.

can you explain why financial time think it show trial?

Do not expect him to be able to explain anything.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Juan B Tong said:

Those who can verify their presence either by screen shot or selfie please notify our staff at the Northern bus terminal.

There you will be given a bus ticket taking you home or can join in our pickup convoy.  Do not forget to collect your B500 stipend.

To quote your avatar"yeah  well that is just like your opinion man." 

Have you any evidence for this or are you just repeating what others have said? Do you honestly believe that Thaksin and associated parties have won landslides just based on 500 baht votes.

Edited by Throatwobbler

10 hours ago, Throatwobbler said:

Do not expect him to be able to explain anything.

But, credit where it's due, his command of the english-language has suddenly dramatically-improved, you'd almost take him for a native english-speaker, compared to only a couple-of-days ago.

This will not come as a surprise to some of us, although initially I thought he might really be a local, it's now fairly clear that was just a ploy to wind other posters up  ...  the 'Ignore' button is your friend !

But as before  ("Analysts say")  he continues to not provide links to his sources.

35 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

But, credit where it's due, his command of the english-language has suddenly dramatically-improved, you'd almost take him for a native english-speaker, compared to only a couple-of-days ago.

This will not come as a surprise to some of us, although initially I thought he might really be a local, it's now fairly clear that was just a ploy to wind other posters up  ...  the 'Ignore' button is your friend !

But as before  ("Analysts say")  he continues to not provide links to his sources.

It is quote from financial times. That mean source is financial times. Financial times talk to analyst and report fact. You can ignore fact but doesn't mean fact go away. Information is always best friend ignorant is always best enemy of truth.

Also so I am not he but she. Not first time you wrong though.

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 8:34 PM, snoop1130 said:

Regarding Ms Yingluck’s verbal closing statement, Ms Yingluck’s lawyer told Thai PBS that she had formally notified the court that she would like to give verbal statement in closing the case.

I chaired no meetings, had nothing to do with the entire matter. My brother told me that this was an easy gig, it isn't fair to me because I was shopping at the time. Lock her up, lock her up, lock her up.:sorry:

Well Mr. or Ms.  AGareth2,  I would like to see Yingluck pay for her crime.  Why ?  Do you want her

and her brother to keep all of their wealth?  Corruption!  Abuse of Power,  Lots of use of those

brown envelopes.  Yes  that is why I commented like I did in the last message.  And No I am not

jealous of any rich person in the world. Are you?

Geezer

1 minute ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Well Mr. or Ms.  AGareth2,  I would like to see Yingluck pay for her crime.  Why ?  Do you want her

and her brother to keep all of their wealth?  Corruption!  Abuse of Power,  Lots of use of those

brown envelopes.  Yes  that is why I commented like I did in the last message.  And No I am not

jealous of any rich person in the world. Are you?

Geezer

Yingluck not charge with corruption. No brown envelopes. Why you want yingluck punish when you don't even know what is charge. 

I have had lots of conversations with my Thai relatives, regarding Ms. Yingluck and her

brother. I guess I believe my relatives opinions more than I do of the press reports of

this woman being a saint and flawless politician. Do you have any Thai relatives?

Geeze

1 minute ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

I have had lots of conversations with my Thai relatives, regarding Ms. Yingluck and her

brother. I guess I believe my relatives opinions more than I do of the press reports of

this woman being a saint and flawless politician. Do you have any Thai relatives?

Geeze

Small sample pool. Opinion not fact. Neither give good foundation for find truth. All my relatives Thai. What that mean. I can ignore fact and just agree there opinion. Why your Thai relatives not inform you that yingluck not charge with corruption so you don't make mistake when post.

Yes I agree that ths woman is not being charged wth corruption in this case ,  do you believe however that

she or her brother are totally innocent people?  She may not be able to wiggle out of these Rice scheme

charges either.  So again,  are you trying to protect her?

Geezer

23 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Yes I agree that ths woman is not being charged wth corruption in this case ,  do you believe however that

she or her brother are totally innocent people?  She may not be able to wiggle out of these Rice scheme

charges either.  So again,  are you trying to protect her?

Geezer

Totally innocent of what? Are you totally innocent people?

Edited by Pridilives

Do you think that this woman or her brother never did anything dishonest while either of them were in power?

Do you think that they are innocent as a new born baby?   Do you think they were the best politicians that have

been in power in Thailand?  My opinion is no...  

Geezer

3 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Do you think that this woman or her brother never did anything dishonest while either of them were in power?

Do you think that they are innocent as a new born baby?   Do you think they were the best politicians that have

been in power in Thailand?  My opinion is no...  

Geezer

I think it is not wise to talk in absolutes. Whatever my opinions I also think the choice of the Thai electorate is best choice for thailand. I don't care ptp or democrat I care government come from choice of people. Do you think junta ever make thing up for stop yingluck be politician or do you think junta is innocent as new born baby? It's fine you have opinion is not fine Thai people cannot vote.

14 hours ago, Throatwobbler said:

To quote your avatar"yeah  well that is just like your opinion man." 

Have you any evidence for this or are you just repeating what others have said? Do you honestly believe that Thaksin and associated parties have won landslides just based on 500 baht votes.

Well, yes I do.  Nice of you to ask.

My mother inlaw was a regular recipient of the 500 bhat voting incentive by the deposed political cabal.  Often received rides and lunch to.  She declined to join demonstrations of love because she doesn't like to travel.  

As to landslides, I don't know.  

I am no fan of the Bangkok dwelling gentrified Thai, but jeze Taksin just sucks, all of them do.

30 minutes ago, Juan B Tong said:

My mother inlaw was a regular recipient of the 500 bhat voting incentive by the deposed political cabal.  Often received rides and lunch to.  She declined to join demonstrations of love because she doesn't like to travel.  

I am no fan of the Bangkok dwelling gentrified Thai, but jeze Taksin just sucks, all of them do.

Did your mother in law reveal who she voted after receiving the 500 baht and did she tell you that it is the norm that political parties give money and kinds in all elections. 

36 minutes ago, Juan B Tong said:

Funny how everyone here who hate ptp and claim ptp buy vote only have evidence of own family take money. why does it matter who you like or not like surely all matters is Thai government is government Thai people choose.

landslide for sure. Next election tell you mother to take her 500 baht and bet it on ptp win. Then after landslide she have 1000 baht.

Villagers around where I live were also offered money and transport to support Suthep and the PDRC. Those with no work took the offer regardless of their political affiliation.

It's all very well to make Yingluk responsible for the losses of the rice scheme but if this is going to be a precedent then there are plenty of other politicians from other parties who should also be made responsible for wasting tax payers money. Military figures should also be on trial for wasting money on blimps and aircraft carriers that have been a total waste of taxpayers money. Where single out one person when there are so many guilty who have gotten away with the same thing ?

Thai people can vote  at the next  election  and Thai people voted at the last two elections.

No, the Thai people were prevented, or at least a significant proportion of them, were prevented from voting in the last election. Those who were able to vote had their votes ignored, which is why they are now governed by a junta, put in place by a military coup, carried out by the same military who spectacularly failed in the relatively straightforward task of ensuring security for that election, but were shortly afterwards able to stage a coup, err, spontaneously? Their votes in the two previous elections were overturned by - funnily enough, that same military. I am however touched by your faith in suggesting that they will be allowed a free unfettered vote in the next election, should there be one.

23 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Show trial?

So Stephen, can you please explain why you think she wasn't guilty of negligence as charged?

I don't know whether she was guilty or not as I am not privy to all that goes on behind the scenes in Thailand but it is blatantly obvious that the trial is political.  As is the most recent legislation on the statute of limitations.  The junta has made no secret of it's pathological hatred of the Thaksin clan. What I find utterly disgusting is a gang of criminal thugs (aka the junta) going after anyone else for corruption.  A rapist accusing someone else of rape. But keep cheering the dangerous idiots on mate.  To them, the likes of you are a useful idiot. 

8 hours ago, Ricardo said:

Bears a striking similarity to a forum member you may remember, if you go back that far enough, who went by the name of Koo82. He was supposedly a Thai female too. Anyway, i'm sure the resemblance is purely coincidental.

3 minutes ago, rixalex said:

Bears a striking similarity to a forum member you may remember, if you go back that far enough, who went by the name of Koo82. He was supposedly a Thai female too. Anyway, i'm sure the resemblance is purely coincidental.

Koo82 not me so no coincidence. 

5 hours ago, Pridilives said:

Funny how everyone here who hate ptp and claim ptp buy vote only have evidence of own family take money. why does it matter who you like or not like surely all matters is Thai government is government Thai people choose.

landslide for sure. Next election tell you mother to take her 500 baht and bet it on ptp win. Then after landslide she have 1000 baht.

Hmm, your point what is?