Yingluck gets ready to make her move

rooster59

On 2/18/2018 at 7:57 AM, AGareth2 said:

then why do they keep going on about it

why not keep quiet?

‘They’? It’s the press being leaned on to make it a bigger story. ‘They’ avoid being overly outspoken on the issue, because, possibly, they risk losing face in doing so.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/18/2018 at 9:03 AM, scorecard said:

Japan, China etc., are pragmatic, that's the way it works, they turn a blind eye and focus on the economic cash. All countries do the same, always have.

Does anybody really believe that the Japanese PM and the Chinese guy believe she is totally innocent? Both countries give quick and severe punishment for similar situations.

Would either of them want to get into talks with her and protect her / fight for her? No.

Whether she's guilty or not (I think not), nothing compares to the overthrow of a legitimate government by the military who are sworn to serve the electorate ie the government, in a democratic society.

That's the reason no country will extradite her. Nobody likes backstabbers.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 5/28/2018 at 7:11 PM, Eric Loh said:

Also signal that she is done with politics. 

So she wont be making any moves, smart girl no longer a puppet to her brother. Let her be worse crimes have been committed and I like the court think she was guilty. Though 30 billion of damages is a lot it isnt proven she benefited (though I suspect her brother did as the companies were connected to him). Anyway as long as tick tock where is my clock gets away with murder (figuratively)  let her get away with this.  

On 2/18/2018 at 7:21 AM, Thailand said:

Go for it gal.

The junta's worst nightmare about to become reality.

Speaks volumes when you show support for a woman that reeks of venality and is nothing more than a puppet for her mega corrupt brother.

The rice pledging scheme alone should consign the shinawatra name to everlasting shame.

• Like 2

On 2/18/2018 at 9:26 AM, TooPoopedToPop said:

Go for what?

A return to power of the corrupt Shinawatra Clan?

I'm not sure about corrupt, in the illegal sense because no video or documentary evidence has been shared with the public has it? Corrupt in the immoral sense, maybe.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 6/16/2018 at 8:57 AM, jesimps said:

Whether she's guilty or not (I think not), nothing compares to the overthrow of a legitimate government by the military who are sworn to serve the electorate ie the government, in a democratic society.

That's the reason no country will extradite her. Nobody likes backstabbers.

There is also almost no country that has a law against paying subsidies to farmers, she can only be extradited if her host country has the same law on farm subsidies as Thailand 

• Confused 1

• 4 weeks later...

If Yingluck is really ready to make her move relating to Thai politics, that means that Thaksin is ready to make his. Don't forget that she is not a free agent as a politician. If she is going to make a move to stay out of politics and just continue living a life of luxury in exile, that might indeed be her own idea.

On 5/28/2018 at 6:35 PM, jayboy said:

BBC Thai service reports Yingluck has been granted a 10 year visa for the UK.

If this is true - and there is no reason to doubt it - it is beyond dispute that the international community regards the vendetta against Yingluck as politically motivated.

YK coverment or what have, idiots if support criminal family. <eleted>UK

• 2 weeks later...

"Living in seclusion", yeah right.
It seems pretty much globally accepted that her ouster and subsequent trial, etc., were all politically motivated. You cab shake your little fists and shout about what  criminals she and her brother were, but if you read any global news it quickly becomes apparent that a majority of seven billion people do not share your angst.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bill Miller said:

"Living in seclusion", yeah right.
It seems pretty much globally accepted that her ouster and subsequent trial, etc., were all politically motivated. You cab shake your little fists and shout about what  criminals she and her brother were, but if you read any global news it quickly becomes apparent that a majority of seven billion people do not share your angst.

I think seven billion people may be a bit of a stretch.  Certainly the majority of the 34 million Thai voters, but I'm not sure about the rest of the world. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Esso49 said:

I think seven billion people may be a bit of a stretch.  Certainly the majority of the 34 million Thai voters, but I'm not sure about the rest of the world. 

IMHO nowhere near 34M Thai voters would agree, but of course during his 'reign' many many Thai folks were strongly mislead by the paymasters 'educators'.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, scorecard said:

IMHO nowhere near 34M Thai voters would agree, but of course during his 'reign' many many Thai folks were strongly mislead by the paymasters 'educators'.

It's just as well then that none of the 34 million Thai voters even care about your honest opinion  ????????

Edited by Esso49
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

And what do they really know about this criminal family?

I will throw it right back at you; what do YOU really know about this "criminal", per the current regime's determination, family, other than what you have read in the junta's closely controlled media? Try broadening your outlook by reading BBC, Al Jazeera, etc.
Maybe she was criminally culpable, and maybe not. Certainly many Thai people still seem to like her. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I still am of the opinion that something is up. 

Expect a surprise from both Shinawatras sooner than later.

Post-election return. Possible pardon???

The ever-lasting Thai theatre. 

Got my popcorn at the ready.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, scorecard said:

6 hours ago, Esso49 said:

It's just as well then that none of the 34 million Thai voters even care about your honest opinion  ????????

Now then, is this a good time to wonder why none of the 34 million or so have been allowed to express their opinion; on Thaksin rather than "Scorecard"of course - if they didn't agree with the latter I'm sure it would be the result of votebuying on a gigantic scale!

Edited by JAG
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...