Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

1 minute ago, transam said:

You have obviously missed my "link"....5150.gif.b14637ea08ae6227473be912a5a43f29.gif

The UK paid back it's WW2 debt to the USA and in the mean time became a major financial power when all looked doom and gloom....

You should have a bit more faith in your country....:smile:

Paid back indeed, 60 years later: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-American_loan

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

Most economists appreciate that there is more to life than money, and poverty is a small price to pay for being British.

I wouldn't pay anything for it, you are British because you were born in the UK, a coincidence, being in the EU doesn't change that but it might stop the poverty if things go downhill which of course they don't have to so you will still want to shout, rah,rah, and God bless the queen.

• Sad 1

You are still dodging my question...I don't give a stuff about your links...You just tell me how a broke UK came to be a huge financial player after WW2...?

good bankers, insurance companies with worldwide contacts? I don't think it was British Leyland.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

54 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

Most economists appreciate that there is more to life than money, and poverty is a small price to pay for being British.

Well you might be happy, but I much prefer being rich European elite, than poverty stricken British peasant. But I wasn't given the choice....

And you realize that the young are going to be mighty p*ssed off about this and in a few years they will be majority?

The UK was all ready on the verge of a demographic crisis http://uk.businessinsider.com/credit-suisse-demographic-report-a-serious-future-challenge-to-the-uks-financial-sustainability-2015-6

If Brexit creates a financial crisis as well, as most suspect, there is going to be nothing left in the pension pot to pay existing commitments - I would not blame the young for taking revenge on the elderly who precipitated it and reducing pensions considerably.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

Yes it could and is....When German bombs were bombing UK folk am sure similar stuff happened, but when that stuff was sorted the UK came out of it and excelled....

Japan did with the help of the USA, Germany did under the watchful eyes of the allies....

errrr how long ago was this? you will have to remind me as most of us weren't even born then.Britain actually received more money under the Marshall plan than Germany 2.7 billion dollars as opposed to 1.7 billion for Germany even though Germany suffered more damage than Britain. Germany invested in modern machinery, heaven only knows what the UK did with the loot

3 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

errrr how long ago was this? you will have to remind me as most of us weren't even born then.Britain actually received more money under the Marshall plan than Germany 2.7 billion dollars as opposed to 1.7 billion for Germany even though Germany suffered more damage than Britain. Germany invested in modern machinery, heaven only knows what the UK did with the loot

Did Germany pay for the change in my life regarding my dads injuries...Did Germany pay for my aunts husband called up to fight but was killed by them...

No, nothing......:sad:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, transam said:

Yes it could and is....When German bombs were bombing UK folk am sure similar stuff happened, but when that stuff was sorted the UK came out of it and excelled....

Japan did with the help of the USA, Germany did under the watchful eyes of the allies....

And that is why the British Pound lost over 75% of its value compared to Euro currencies and US Dollar?

• Sad 1

Trans equates a position of Remain as being unpatriotic and not supportive of the the UK, whereas in fact, the exact opposite is true. This is not a game, I don't think anyone is taking a Remain stance for any reason other than they love their home country and want to see the very best for it.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, transam said:

Did Germany pay for the change in my life regarding my dads injuries...Did Germany pay for my aunts husband called up to fight but was killed by them...

No, nothing......:sad:

don't be such a wimp, people get killed in wars everywhere that's its nature, my ex-wife's grandfather (German) had his leg blown off in Russia, he was in a punishment battalion mine clearing as a conscientious objector, he became good friends with my father who rather enjoyed the war in the navy, you can't pay for lives, it's pointless. anyway this is off topic.

58 minutes ago, vogie said:

You are quite correct, but Germanys debt was written of in 1953, ours wasn't, forget that did we?

perhap they remembered what happened after Versaille treaty and decided not to make the same mistake again,also Germany was a front line state in the cold war.

3 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

I agree we’ve made too many concessions to the EU. But I believe once we're out we’ll be tweaking the relationship over the subsequent years – as we regain more and more control. Right now it is all about egos and the Brussels bureaucrats saving face.

A lot of people don’t realise how important the UK is to the EU.  That will become more apparent over the next few years as the EU struggles to survive among all the turmoil surrounding many of its remaining 27 member states.

The many self-defecating Brits who continually trash their own country will be surprised how the balance of power shifts, as the dogged, innovative Brits emerge strong again.   

except for the last paragraph I agree.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, soalbundy said:

don't be such a wimp, people get killed in wars everywhere that's its nature, my ex-wife's grandfather (German) had his leg blown off in Russia, he was in a punishment battalion mine clearing as a conscientious objector, he became good friends with my father who rather enjoyed the war in the navy, you can't pay for lives, it's pointless. anyway this is off topic.

Maybe it's not.  Maybe some people are still fighting the last war.

I just throw their towels off the deck chair.

• Haha 2

My love affair with Frau Merkel is over; this is the way forward

https://www.economist.com/news/europe/21739965-new-favourite-word-germanys-csu-heimat-bavarias-conservatives-are-embracing-identity

THIS is what the UK should be doing. Concentrate on "home". Tha' knows; Churches with lychgates, open fires, fish 'n' chips, bonfire night, Easter, Witsun, The Lake District, Pennine Way, AND PUBS! 

Enough of the loutish, yobbish behavior. Concentrate on what's important! Aright?

Sorry Mutti, es tut Mir leid ?

Edited by Grouse
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Grouse said:

https://www.economist.com/news/europe/21739965-new-favourite-word-germanys-csu-heimat-bavarias-conservatives-are-embracing-identity

THIS is what the UK should be doing. Concentrate on "home". Tha' knows; Churches with lychgates, open fires, fish 'n' chips, bonfire night, Easter, Witsun, The Lake District, Pennine Way, AND PUBS! 

Enough of the loutish, yobbish behavior. Concentrate on what's important! Aright?

Aye up lad. support the UK 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Mutti wird Deinen Arsch versohlen

• Haha 2