Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

2 minutes ago, nontabury said:

O.K. Sitting on a bar stool in Nana, you obviously know more about what is actually involved than a British farmer, who is having to do this paperwork.

Sitting on a bar stool in Nana? Way, way behind the times. The good livestock is elsewhere. I was checking a few heffers just recently!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, nontabury said:

O.K. Sitting on a bar stool in Nana, you obviously know more about what is actually involved than a British farmer, who is having to do this paperwork.

What makes you think he’s sitting on a bar stool, or in Nana.  I’ve never heard anyone that has had to fill in any paperwork say “that was easy and not a burden at all”.

I’ve always found bureaucracy easy to deal with if your own records are neat and well maintained. Five minutes’ filing every day can save you hours when you need it

• Haha 1

I have issues getting my head around this thread.

If posters are so patriotic, but chose to live the "cheap life" in Thailand, why do they care about Brexit, it's basically nothing to do with them.

by pulling up anchor and relocating to Thailand, I believe your discussion rights are null and void. By the way, when the vote to join the EU was made in 19froze to death, I was serving with 29 Commando on Malta and I and 90% of the regiment voted against. And I still back our decision.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, nontabury said:

O.K. Sitting on a bar stool in Nana, you obviously know more about what is involved than a British farmer, who is actually having to do this paperwork. Her reluctance to do it online, if possible, cannot be attributed to her age or education, as she is only early 30’s and university educated.

But I will ask her in the next few days, when I see her.

If they do not have internet access, then a self-service telephone line is available to report up to 50 movements in bulk

8 minutes ago, aright said:

Heffers is a book store. Do you mean heifers? I would have thought a University graduate would know the difference :smile:

Touché 

Actually, they were gimmers!

It was dark....

Edited by Grouse

5 minutes ago, DipStick said:

If posters are so patriotic, but chose to live the "cheap life" in Thailand, why do they care about Brexit, it's basically nothing to do with them.

by pulling up anchor and relocating to Thailand, I believe your discussion rights are null and void. By the way, when the vote to join the EU was made in 19froze to death, I was serving with 29 Commando on Malta and I and 90% of the regiment voted against. And I still back our decision.

Why were you in Malta?

39 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Off course it’s accurate. She has a farm ( one holding ) her father is the owner of  another holding, that is the farm next to hers. Consequently when she moves a beast from her field into the Next field of her father, she must comply with the E.U. Rules.

I first became aware of this stupid E.U rule, while  visiting her house, when the postman came. I was absolutely amazed at the amount of E.U. Forms ( think Brazilian rain forrest) she has to deal with.She exclaimed how the E.U system works. To what benefit she’s no idea. 

I can't believe any cattle farmer would not know that the rule was implemented after the BSE crisis to prevent similar crisis.

1 minute ago, Kieran00001 said:

I can't believe any cattle farmer would not know that the rule was implemented after the BSE crisis to prevent similar crisis.

Was it for BSE, or to control the spread of communicable diseases like foot and mouth?

28 minutes ago, nontabury said:

O.K. Sitting on a bar stool in Nana, you obviously know more about what is involved than a British farmer, who is actually having to do this paperwork. Her reluctance to do it online, if possible, cannot be attributed to her age or education, as she is only early 30’s and university educated.

But I will ask her in the next few days, when I see her.

The passort is like a chequebook, when you move the animal you just tear a movement card out, stick a bar code on which are sent out with the passport, then tick a box, write the date and where it is being moved to, sign it and put it in the post.  You can also do it over the phone or online if you update from the passbook system.  There is certainly not lots of paperwork to do but she may have requested to receive postal confirmation of her notifications and so receive a lot of post.

21 minutes ago, DipStick said:

Why were you in Malta?

8 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

How come they let you vote Dipstick? You were not even in the UK. By proxy or through the forces web site? Please tell.

Many English farang living in far flung places, just like Thailand, have families back in the UK. They want a decent future for their loved ones. Not a life under the Eurocratic jack-boot.

How come they let me, as a member of HM Forces vote, quite simply because we were accepted as being Uk citizens, serving our country abroad, under the British flag. Internet in those days dream on.

as for your your families wanting a decent future, what are you doing to help them being in Thailand ? You want your bread buttered both sides ?l

15 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

How come they let you vote Dipstick? You were not even in the UK. By proxy or through the forces web site? Please tell.

Many English farang living in far flung places, just like Thailand, have families back in the UK. They want a decent future for their loved ones. Not a life under the Eurocratic jack-boot.

Count me out of that sentiment

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DipStick said:

Kindly forward that question to the UK Govt and MODand whilst at it ask them why i did tours to NI, Iraq and the Falklands. 

I have no doubt that you and your colleagues are supremely brave and loyal. However the question still stands. Malta?

7 minutes ago, DipStick said:

How come they let me, as a member of HM Forces vote, quite simply because we were accepted as being Uk citizens, serving our country abroad, under the British flag. Internet in those days dream on.

as for your your families wanting a decent future, what are you doing to help them being in Thailand ? You want your bread buttered both sides ?l

Ok; so you're a UK citizen but you were not in the UK at voting time.

I was also in the forces; REME. I took a bullet and retired from the army. 

There is no long-term future for the average Brit under a Federal Europe. Even you might not have a job Dipstick

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, DipStick said:

That’s not allowed, under EU regulations

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

I thought he said he was in the service of The Crown

Left-wing pish.  Once we are free of the dead hand of Brussels we’ll be able to afford the NHS and the gunboats to reassert our global free market credentials.  We’ll get Hong Kong back, as well

Tally Ho! Angels 120 ?

1 minute ago, Grouse said:

I have no doubt that you and your colleagues are supremely brave and loyal. However the question still stands. Malta?

Mr Google is a good friend, but so is geography, look at Maltas location in the Med a fortress . 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DipStick said:

Mr Google is a good friend, but so is geography, look at Maltas location in the Med a fortress . 

But the Ohio is a while back?

I don't mean to put it on a Pedestal or anything ?

Edited by Grouse

9 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Ok; so you're a UK citizen but you were not in the UK at voting time.

I was also in the forces; REME. I took a bullet and retired from the army. 

There is no long-term future for the average Brit under a Federal Europe. Even you might not have a job Dipstick

Arte et Marte