Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

40 minutes ago, aright said:

Shame on you not knowing the difference between allies and friends.

Well I'm not going to get into a learned discussion of semantics with you. Maybe you could ask three degrees for a view? I stand by my use of the word friends.

8 minutes ago, Scott said:

Yes, there were two polls.   An original one prior to the referendum and the majority were for Brexit.   A second poll after the referendum and some of the problems were more apparent, still showed the majority were in favor of Brexit.

Please be aware that the polls are very, very far from scientific and only reflect the opinion of those that vote.

TV forum polls

The results illuminate the opinions of TV members but not necessarily the UK population generally, thank goodness ?

I wonder what percentage of members voted?

Edited by Grouse

2 hours ago, Khun Han said:

Except that your point is nonsense as things currently stand. People aren't unhappy with their current lot, because it's no worse than it was prior to the referendum. But you want to twist things toward yet more negative speculation. Which keeps getting proven wrong by events. And which is getting quite boring. But it won't stop you and your fellow Project Fear proponents from continuing to invent the future.

Nope, you just missed the point, which is nothing about how things stand and all about what may be, as I made clear, not everyone who voted leave can get what they felt they were voting for, is that really difficult to understand, and that has nothing to do with project fear or any other hyperbole you want to try to muddle it with.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Yes, very droll.

But the issue is failure to integrate. These people actually go out of their way to stand out, be different and NOT integrate. Do you think the 3.3M (<1.1%) of the ones in the USA act like that? Not in my experience; they are fully assimilated.

My American friends claim they are not fully assimilated

Lest we forget

https://www.dailywire.com/news/11410/complete-list-radical-islamic-terror-attacks-us-james-barrett

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Well I'm not going to get into a learned discussion of semantics with you. Maybe you could ask three degrees for a view? I stand by my use of the word friends.

What? The Three Degrees?

They never got beyond  "Y'all needs to understand they's all hat and no cattle"

50 minutes ago, aright said:

Lest we forget

https://www.dailywire.com/news/11410/complete-list-radical-islamic-terror-attacks-us-james-barrett

Did you forget?

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2015/06/18/white_extremist_murders_killed_at_least_60_in_u_s_since_1995.html?cq_ck=1486485587473

Quite a few more white extremist killings aren't there?  Is that also due to a lack of assimilation?

1 hour ago, Scott said:

Yes, there were two polls.   An original one prior to the referendum and the majority were for Brexit.   A second poll after the referendum and some of the problems were more apparent, still showed the majority were in favor of Brexit.

Please be aware that the polls are very, very far from scientific and only reflect the opinion of those that vote.

Which still suprises me as presumably most TV posters live in Thailand, and are affected by the fall in sterling!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

The NHS are already seeing labour shortages as foreign staff are leaving at a far higher rate than before Brexit.  And as for being overful, our economy relies on the size it has become, the last thing we want is to start getting smaller, that would be disastrous as we have an aging population and without the young working migrants contributions we will be left with a massive and unaffordable bill for the future.

This "reasoning" does not offer a long-term solution. Continuing to add people indefinitely will not solve the problem. 

• Like 1

Which still suprises me as presumably most TV posters live in Thailand, and are affected by the fall in sterling!

Interesting point in the attached link from someone paid to know this sort of thing - basically people do not vote in their own interests based on their current situation but based on the person they aspire to be which is usually rich so not affected by money problems.

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-poor-people-vote-for-the-Conservative-Party-in-the-UK/answer/Nick-Schön?share=e15b996e&srid=hdUGS

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, aright said:

Lest we forget

OK, let's get rid of them all. 

I was was hoping to show that lower percentages of opulations resulted in greater assimilation and fewer problems.

Maybe that idea is just wrong.

Just now, Orac said:

Interesting point in the attached link from someone paid to know this sort of thing - basically people do not vote in their own interests based on their current situation but based on the person they aspire to be which is usually rich so not affected by money problems.

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-poor-people-vote-for-the-Conservative-Party-in-the-UK/answer/Nick-Schön?share=e15b996e&srid=hdUGS

Surely the average, elderly expat in Thailand doesn't still think they can become rich in the future??! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, owl sees all said:

If there were to be another referendum I reckon the result would be the same but with a bigger margin. Also, Scott (admin), said that the TVForum members who wanted Brexit were in the majority.

Trying totalling the IQs in each camp!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Orac said:

They haven't figured out that Conservatives don't exist.

10 minutes ago, Orac said:

They haven't seen that there is no Conservative party.

1 hour ago, dick dasterdly said:

You are assuming that Brexiters are rational, sentient beings. Interesting!

59 minutes ago, nauseus said:

This "reasoning" does not offer a long-term solution. Continuing to add people indefinitely will not solve the problem. 

This is a key issue

People ARE going to live even longer

Many higher paid jobs are going to be replaced by machines.

We need a new system of distributing the wealth generated

A basic salary is one idea.

Ultimately we will need to manage with far fewer "workers" IF we can get people to do menial tasks.

It will a long time before machines replace nurses, care workers and waiters!

• Like 1