Ford Everest v Toyota Fortuna

Macnick

2 minutes ago, superal said:

Did you ever consider the Chevrolet Trailblazer z71 which has some good features and looks or the Isuzu MU-X . Interested to hear your opinion  

Though I am not sure if it is "blanket", it seems with a Chevy you have to use Chevy parts (AC Delco) for basic stuff, including the battery as other brands will not fit...

Be interested to hear if this is the case from Chevy owners here for my gray cells...:stoner:

Here's one to get your teeth into. I was out earlier having an alfresco coffee. In the 1 hour I was out I noticed how many new Tuna's passed, I counted 17 all types of models. I also counted how many Everest's that was a tad easier as that amounted to 0. Conclusion Thai's like Toyo's and not Fords. Just think as you drive around how much your Everest is depreciating against a Tuna. Worth thinking about anyway.

• Like 1

On 10.4.2018 at 2:36 PM, JaiLai said:

I have Fortuner TRD (2017 model), no issues so far.

The 3rd row of seats are a bit of an eyesore and take up a fair bit of space, i have them removed from my vehicle.

JBL speakers / Satnav / bluetooth etc very good.

No complaints.

I was looking at another car brand, and asked them to remove the seats for me if I buy, but they say if I do, I would loose my warranti? I have hasked several about the same and different car brands, and the answer is always the same, can not do. 

4 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I was looking at another car brand, and asked them to remove the seats for me if I buy, but they say if I do, I would loose my warranti? I have hasked several about the same and different car brands, and the answer is always the same, can not do. 

I.e.    A polite way to say we don't want to make the extra effort.   

Take their word for it and go elsewhere.

Thai car dealerships are not famous for customer service.

Edited by watcharacters

On 4/11/2018 at 6:49 AM, fredob43 said:

How can you compare a 2017 Everest against a 2014 old model Tuna. Yes it has electric fold down rear seats. How many times have you used them, gimmick if you ask me. And where do the seats go into the floor. And that doesn't use up useable space? 

If I recall correctly, it takes up about the same storage space as two sets of fold-up rear seats secured to the sides with bungy cords in the 'tuna.

3 hours ago, fredob43 said:

Here's one to get your teeth into. I was out earlier having an alfresco coffee. In the 1 hour I was out I noticed how many new Tuna's passed, I counted 17 all types of models. I also counted how many Everest's that was a tad easier as that amounted to 0. Conclusion Thai's like Toyo's and not Fords. Just think as you drive around how much your Everest is depreciating against a Tuna. Worth thinking about anyway.

Maybe Everest owner/drivers don't dick about in alfresco coffee shop neighborhoods?

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, fredob43 said:

Not if yor well off, you buy to enjoy.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Why anyone would buy a 4 cylinder Toyota or a 5 cylinder Everest, when for half the money, you can have a V8 Lexus

Here is just one example ...

https://www.one2car.com/en/for-sale/lexus-lx470-bangkok-metropolitan-kanchanaphisek/4206193

Oh - I know - never buy a used car in Thailand (said those who know nothing about cars)

It's 15 years old though...

2 hours ago, JaiLai said:

It's 15 years old though...

Just like the 1UZ, the Terminator Cobra supercharger, or Eaton M90 is a common addition the 2UZFE. With the addition of fuel injectors and an exhaust, the 2UZFE can make 380+ horsepower @ 6psi. Building the bottom end with lower compression ratio pistons, the 2UZFE can make 440+ horsepower @ 10psi.

Now you have a car -

2 hours ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Spend 1 hour counting 17 trucks, what a weird thing to do.Fortuna owners are as dim as reputed.

Yes was at a loose end was waiting for my Tank to be valeted. I don't do work even looking at peeps doing same worries me. 

Edited by fredob43

If Thais choose Toyota, then it must be the best...

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Not if yor well off, you buy to enjoy.
Not true. According to those who ate trying to justify buying a Toyota, the only thing important is the mythical resale value. Having a car that is good to drive isn't of any importance.

On 4/10/2018 at 5:21 PM, Lacessit said:

Ah, another who believes what they write in car magazines. Don't you know motoring journalists are wined and dined by vehicle manufacturers so they will say nice things?

Must be how Clarkson made his money

On 4/13/2018 at 8:00 AM, JaseTheBass said:

Not true. According to those who ate trying to justify buying a Toyota, the only thing important is the mythical resale value. Having a car that is good to drive isn't of any importance.

Noooo, it is the reliability fact....

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JaseTheBass said:

Reliability myth.

I'm on my 3rd Toyo in 13 years never had a problem. Well except having to buy a new battery. Whatever better than having gearbox oil problems.

• Like 2

On 10/04/2018 at 11:09 PM, Autonuaq said:

have had and driven in many fortuners and vigos.

so based on a mix of rented and owend

My impression is about them they all had the same problems.

breaks, steering, engine (diesel) airco.

One car had an aircon failure and that became a huge problem because  of the car stopped working. 

no ventilation no power windows nothing on the dashboard worked

the car was 3 years old and the needed spare parts where not available as geuine parts.

3 years old car wow.

many cars had breaks that became fluid in the mountains and did apply the recommended way of breaking. Let speed go up to a set limit then break down to the lower set limit and let the speed come up the the higher set limit to start breaking again .

The cars are 8 fortuners and 12 vigos. 

I have driven in two Ford everest and the ford are in overall better beside  also in the value for money too

switched to another brand.

And doubt if it is my driving style.I do have driven really and off terrain for many years professionally as well did test drive cars.

You weren’t in the SAS as well by any chance?

• Like 1