White Fortuners Tailgating

ricklev

54 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

The intimidation is absolutely NOT in his head

It is what he perceives to be happening. The intimidation. Without asking the man driving behind him it is all conjecture i.e. in his head.

Is the truck behind him trying to intimidate him ? Or is this what he believes is happening.

Start this story "Once Upon a Time ..."

22 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

It is what he perceives to be happening. The intimidation. Without asking the man driving behind him it is all conjecture i.e. in his head.

Is the truck behind him trying to intimidate him ? Or is this what he believes is happening.

Start this story "Once Upon a Time ..."

Have you ever driven a car, are you old enough!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Fairynuff said:

The intimidation is absolutely NOT in his head. It’s very real and can be witnessed all too often. When it’s done to me I put my hazard lights on, it usually works and the idiot pulls back. An alternative is to just slow down until they get pissed off and undertake 

Or use the windshield sprayer, usually those tailgaters do not like their windshield to get wet....

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Even more annoying is the idiots in the fast lane doing 30 and don't even start me on why they don't use indicators  ?

And what about those who DO indicate to turn left but don't get into the inside lane before coming up to the turn? They just "dive" access from an outer lane when the reach their turn.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

The intimidation is absolutely NOT in his head. It’s very real and can be witnessed all too often. When it’s done to me I put my hazard lights on, it usually works and the idiot pulls back. An alternative is to just slow down until they get pissed off and undertake 

By chance, do you drive one these in either white or light gray colour scheme? 

image.png.2248cafdb499121bd6c8cdea0a55ed51.png

12 hours ago, sappersrest said:

Every time I get cut up, tailgated or witness a traffic infringement it is not by some white fortuner, but usually by some idiot sporting a fish motif on the rear of their car is this some sort of award given to idiot drivers or some dark secretive sect?

White Fortuners in Chiang Mai are often Airport Taxis, not known for their patience.

Cars with fish motifs are driven by Christians of the happy clappy guitar-playing evangelical variety, who sometimes take a day off from peace and love and deteriorate to the same driving habits as the rest of the population.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

I hate all tailgaters equally in thailand....I don't want to give Thai apologists a say that I discriminate against Thais....

where is the remark that tailgating happens globally?

But never add that the frequency is off the charts here...hence why this a sore point and the most serious driving problem in thailand!

Tailgating is a global phenomenon. 

If that doesnt sit right with you then I am dreadfully sorry...no really

13 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

The loftier the diver the more reckless in my view I'm bigger than you its my red light syndrome.

Might is right mate , Fortuners tailgating me in my Vios , Fortunately I can driver better than 99% of em so they usually end up in the wrong lane at the lights , as posted above , nice chaps but when they get behind the wheel the red mist comes down and ' I am going to be first at everything 'takes over .

13 hours ago, sappersrest said:

Every time I get cut up, tailgated or witness a traffic infringement it is not by some white fortuner, but usually by some idiot sporting a fish motif on the rear of their car is this some sort of award given to idiot drivers or some dark secretive sect?

No it isnt. If it was 90% of vehicles would have it on the car

1 hour ago, eddie61 said:

It’s funny..... Fortuners are the new a..hole cars.

It used to be Cefiros years ago. I suppose you can cram the largest amount of dick into the smallest amount of head in a Fortuner.

You forget the era of the Mu 7 driver !

Some of these guys have  not totally capitulated , and still try very  hard at a/hole-ness ! 555

Edited by zaZa9
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, sappersrest said:

I believe that fish motif signifies the Christian faith, if that's the one you mean. There are lots of them in CM.

22 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Even more annoying is the idiots in the fast lane doing 30 and don't even start me on why they don't use indicators  ?

If the vehicle in front of you is travelling too slowly in the fast lane then use the overtaking lane to pass them, that's the lane on the right parallel with the median on a three lane carriageway. On a two lane carriageway there is no 'fast' lane. The outside lane is the overtaking lane and all vehicles should return to the inside lane after passing.

Just now, PETERTHEEATER said:

If the vehicle in front of you is travelling too slowly in the fast lane then use the overtaking lane to pass them, that's the lane on the right parallel with the median on a three lane carriageway. On a two lane carriageway there is no 'fast' lane. The outside lane is the overtaking lane and all vehicles should return to the inside lane after passing.

I meant the overtaking lane as well you know

"a fast lane by any other name is as slow"

Romeo and Juliet

17 hours ago, canthai55 said:

It's me - get out of the way !

"Don't you know who I am?  I am a White Fortuner owner."  Most countries have cars that most locals consider are typically "driven by wallies"   

I used to hear of VW beetles  & VW Kombis  & BMW M3's in some countries.    Here it is White Fortuners.  (Yes and hot City's & lowered Vios's) but they are noit as intimidating to be tailgated by on a scooter as a hulking great white Fortuner.  They are mostly driven by VSIP's.  That is "Very Self Important Persons."  Hate to admit it but the wife desires one or an Isuzu Mu-X as a business car for her.  (Yes, I know.) But, they are both nice to drive and very comfortable on a trip.  Correction: She would prefer Red or Gold!! but I like white, off white, silver or pearl for any car here.  Just because it is cool in a hot climate and easiest to keep (looking) clean, even if it is not!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, LawrenceN said:

I believe that fish motif signifies the Christian faith, if that's the one you mean. There are lots of them in CM.Image result for christian fish symbol on carsImage result for christian fish symbol on cars

Two out of two for you.  And that fish obviously makes threm holier than,........ well anyone, actually!             ( They look something, but not quite like this)

Edited by The Deerhunter
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, The Deerhunter said:

Two out of two for you.  And that fish obviously makes threm holier than,........ well anyone, actually!             ( They look something, but not quite like this)

They have an answer for those:

ceatingd.jpeg

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, rickudon said:

Size matters ....   Until you try to park it.

This is true comedy - watching a Thai trying to park one of these behemoths at Big C or Central Festival. I sometimes sit in my car and enjoy the show.

23 hours ago, 55Jay said:

There is a pecking order here, even among Fortuner owners. 

#1 is Pearl White color, because it's more expensive.

#2.  Regular White.

#3.  * Black (see below).

We've got a 2013 black in color Fortuner, only because I don't like regular white, and there was a very long waiting list for Pearl White, which is what we deserve because my wife is Thai Chinese and has 2 masters degrees in papaya pounding technology, which makes me Hi-So by mere association and exchange of bodily fluids.

To get around that racist color rule, I'm still rockin' the red plates 5-years on.  It's a *special caveat* in the Hi-So rule book that puts me above a regular white Fortuner, but I must still defer to the Pearl White members instantly, without need of them flashing their high beams, or mouthing an expletive at me through their front windscreen, "Get out of my way you bleepity bleep darkie!", or words to that effect.

Otherwise, all lesser vehicles must give way to US.   Fortuner drivers are only required to move left for a BMW or Merc. 

FYI, if you get cocky and think you're going to teach us a lesson by touching your brakes, and we smash into your rear bumper, YOU are at fault, and every Thai policeman will agree.  Clearly, if you hadn't been in our way in the first place, the accident wouldn't have happened.  Simple.

So that's the inside track on how things work here.  You don't have to like it and as a matter of fact, it's a lot more fun for us if you don't. 

What about the dark brown ones, are you saying I spent all that money and I don't even get on the list?

Just now, nahkit said:

What about the dark brown ones, are you saying I spent all that money and I don't even get on the list?

No you can too.  Rule 14, page 3 of the Thainess Hi-So manual says any color Fortuner with a red late out ranks regular white.  So just get a red plate, even a fake one, and you're in there, mate!  Welcome to the Elite echelon! :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

but then, anyone blatantly bum sniffing tailgating you, is dreaming!

- dreaming that your even going to be able to see the colour of his plate, in your rear vision mirrors

it's gunna be below the horizon of you vision

Image result for foo was here

once again... out of sight, out of mind

1 hour ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

The outside lane is the overtaking lane and all vehicles should return to the inside lane after passing.

Thanks for that ?

Could you now inform the 98% of Thai drivers who either choose to ignore this rule, have no idea it exists or lack the necessary driving skills to maneuver between lanes?

Thanks...