Briton, 60, found with drugs dies fleeing police in Udon Thani

webfact

3 minutes ago, vogie said:

If this guy was supplying your siblings with drugs, would you still have the same compassion for him, I know I wouldn't. 

If he were your sibling, or even child, would you have the same feeling?

If he were supplying my siblings, yes I would have the same compassion.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Maradona 10 said:

Btw, I've just seen his fb page, this guy looked like a vicar, like he wouldn't even kill a fly. He wasn't a 'gangster' in a million years.

I hope that you are not allowed to make any comment there about choosing one's friends.

18 minutes ago, BestB said:

So many vile people around , truely pathetic .

it is truly sad to see someone at this age resorting to selling drugs because no other source of income is available .

sure no one forced him to move here, but clearly guy is married so very few options to support the family and going back to UK may not have been an option for many reasons .

sad on so many levels 

'sad on so many levels'

You forgot to add 'in my opinion' at the end of that sentence.

Edited by Maradona 10

2 hours ago, lanista said:

Having a little weed is probably no more serious than killing your Thai neighbours dog or cat.

Pay a big fine or go to jail for 2 years immediately.

But using or dealing any kind of drug in Asia is insane.There are so many people who will 'give you up 'for a reward. Thais and farangs alike.

Sounds like the Brit didnt think he could pay the fine and couldnt do hard  time so he pancked and fled.

PS........ i don't believe his wife's story for a second. " i nEwa lie to you , nEwa!!!   huz ban  he dink with old farang fend  dink dink ewy day  dink ,smoke buri   he no good    i not know she  i not know he  buy dug  , what dug , i newa lie   he sell dug???   i good lady  he no good"

PS..........That sounds just like 'er indoors , except for the drug bit , I have been known to puff the magic dragon but over here at this moment in time , far too much of a risk and at 71 I take very few risks.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MrPatrickThai said:

You are missing the point Neernam was making.

A drug addict does not choose to take drugs. He has lost the power of choice.

I had a friend(an alcoholic in recovery - alcoholism is a disease by the way) who was given a highly addictive drug called tramadol by a friendly pharmacist. Before long, the craving of addiction kicked in and he was hooked, needing to buy more and more until it wasn't enough. He then was forced, due to tolerance, to buy some stronger opiates and ending up dying. These dugs take over your life, and you can't make logical, rational decisions. Neernam is right, this could happen to any one of us, through becoming depressed for example and being put on medication etc.

Condolences to friends and family.

The subject of this news article made a decision to start using and selling amphetamines.

he was not given them by a pharmacist.

luckily he was the only one who died when he decided to flee the scene.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Very sad, though I guess he realised that caught with that lot, he would have been finishing his days in a Thai prison. It seems a lot for personal use, so I suspect he may have been supplementing his income with a bit of dealing. Not a clever thing to do in this country at all.

Why very sad ?

6 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

It’s not unbelievable. He just lives his life different to many others. ......and that’s not a slant of you or him. 

If living your life means showing compassion to someone who is dealing drugs to our offspring, well I'm afraid it is a slant on him. Shouldn't a parent show more concerns to his children than to someone who is peddling misery (rhetorical question). I would think it is safe to say that most rational thinking people would not show compassion to someone that is trying to harm our children.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Kadilo said:

Why is what he chooses to call himself on an anonymous forum even remotely relevant on this thread. Why don’t you pm him if you’re so horrified. 

He does it every time.

About as relevant as inquiring as to why I am habitually referred to as Lord,earl,baron,viscount,count,baronet von Ody by anyone who crosses my path.

Now..where were we?60 year old caucasian male chooses to sell illicit drugs,gets sprung by police and crashes whilst trying to get away..is that about it?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, vogie said:

If living your life means showing compassion to someone who is dealing drugs to our offspring, well I'm afraid it is a slant on him. Shouldn't a parent show more concerns to his children than to someone who is peddling misery (rhetorical question). I would think it is safe to say that most rational thinking people would not show compassion to someone that is trying to harm our children.

Ok,I accept there are non native English speakers here, but siblings does not mean children.

Edited by Neeranam

10 minutes ago, vogie said:

I have see stories where parents have forgiven murderers of their children. I wouldn’t says it’s irrational just a different way of thinking and living. Everyone has their reasons, which may or may not sit right with many. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bluesofa said:

The two things that baffle me are the police being out at "9pm" and a "patrol car". Neither of those two seem to be a trait of the BIB.

Unmarked cars and plain clothes cops on duty. It's how drug busts get done in the badlands east of Udon Thani town... and Huay Yai, Yannawa and just about every other place where drug dealing is an issue.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, lionsincity said:

The subject of this news article made a decision to start using and selling amphetamines.

he was not given them by a pharmacist.

luckily he was the only one who died when he decided to flee the scene.

How do you know what started him off?

How old are you by the way?

8 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

I have see stories where parents have forgiven murderers of their children. I wouldn’t says it’s irrational just a different way of thinking and living. Everyone has their reasons, which may or may not sit right with many. 

Indeed, we are all on different spiritual levels.

• Like 2